Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items

• It is understandable to be attacked, be looted, be pirated, but it ruins the game when another crew steals a required quest item. At this point me and my friends literally have to leave the server and start the entire mission all over agian. Because as far as i know, once the quest item is stolen and your ship is sunk, its virtually impossible to hunt the other ship down to get it back, and thats not saying they dropped it off in the middle of the ocean. Its one thing to be sunk and set back to a point where you just have to reach the island, but its rediculous to have to leave server, start a new boat, restock new boat, and finally start the mission again on a hopefully less aggressive server. If there was a way to implement a small chest each boat to store quest items so that if it gets sunk, you still get your quest items. Im not a game creator so idk if that would be easy or hard but its an idea and at this point im just rannting on about how i cant solo a mission or even finish one with a full galleon over half the time.

Views
  • Like people are just taking the quest items, i had 8 captains chest on my last voyage and all they took was the keys to briggsy's chest.

• I have done solo all the quests more than once.

I have been attacked 1 single time.

Again looks like I am the most lucky player of the world...

No, we dont need a inmunity system.

• idk that sucks dude happens sea of thieves are full of no good thieves who do stupid stuff cause thats just part of the game. get big crew i geuss and if you get raided just keep on trucking on dude or get refund if you can

• @zorbin-the-sir If the items would be stored in your inventory, no one could steal them, like no one can steal the book of tales. But Rare did it the other way, therefore those can be stolen and are supposed to be stolen.

• @zorbin-the-sir you dont have to leave the server, you can vote to cancel the tall tale on your quest table... and then just go back to the island where you started your tale and start again

• Yea, I love it when some @ickhead kills you when you are trying to turn in the Briggs skull at the outpost he just spawned at. Two hours for nothing and get to start all over again.
    This game is STUPID like that. Sucks all the fun out of the experience.
    It’s a pirate game, unforchanately some players use that as an excuse to just be a DB all day long and think it’s ok to ruin the fun for everyone else. It somehow makes them a better player in their minds.
    Tall tales, while a great addition, just magnifies the effect to the point of not even wanting to start up the game.

• @zomb-bunny said in Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items:

keep on trucking on dude or get refund if you can

Get a refund for the game because you got sunk? Good luck with that

• @guepard4
    You got lucky. I managed to get past the greifers all the way up until I got to the last tale. They were overwhelming at that point. Exiting and starting a new session didn't fix the problem.

My most common problem was getting my ship sunk while I was battling a pirate lord or while I was locked in a vault. I fixed it by hiding the quest items and returning for them. That part of the greifer problem is manageable.

The endless greifer problem I ran into yesterday had them working together to make sure nobody was getting to the outpost to start the tale. No loot, no aggressive play on my part, just campers who overwhelm players.

It seems that playing the role of a pirate would involve cruising the sea in the hopes of gaining loot that has value.

• @guepard4 said in Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items:

I have done solo all the quests more than once.

Or maybe you're just good at keeping an eye out on the horizon and deciding your next actions based on what you see around you, instead of expecting the world to be kind and peaceful to you by default just because you're solo.

Others could learn from you!

• @chronodusk sagte in Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items:

@guepard4 said in Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items:

I have done solo all the quests more than once.

Or maybe you're just good at keeping an eye out on the horizon and deciding your next actions based on what you see around you, instead of expecting the world to be kind and peaceful to you by default just because you're solo.

Others could learn from you!

These two posts need to be in every "private server/passive mode/PvE-server suggestion"!!
    Maybe that would stop this crying...

• @chronodusk
    Good luck with looking out for other ships when you're locked in a vault.

This content could be made better by just storing quest items in one's inventory. They have no value so stealing them can only be the action of a bored little troll looking to ruin someone else's fun.

• @winter-fritz44 sagte in Tall Tales: Immunity To Quest Items:

@chronodusk
    Good luck with looking out for other ships when you're locked in a vault.

This content could be made better by just storing quest items in one's inventory. They have no value so stealing them can only be the action of a bored little troll looking to ruin someone else's fun.

So when you are in the vault to get the quest item they can't steal it, right?! How about hiding it somewhere and then coming back for it?

• @schwammlgott
    The quest items get stolen when one exits. Carried quest items prevent players from running or defending themselves. Dropping the item to fight a bored little troll means that his partner scoops it up while you're busy.

If I can carry ten cannon balls in my pocket why not a totem?

Yet again I say that just playing a pirate game would be looking for valuable loot that can be sold. What is going on now is just greifing.

• So you didn't notice when you loaded up this game it was titled SEA OF THIEVES? Because if you read that title it might give you an indication that there's gonna be Thieves in the Sea and therefore they might try to steal stuff from you. In the future you might want to post a look out and be more careful. That may solve this issue instead of some clunky system Rare would come up with instead of focusing on new content.

• @contentzilla
    Again! People truly wanting to focus on piracy would be looking for ships at sea with valuable loot on board. Nobody is complaining about losing valuable loot to thieves. The complaint is absolutely about greifers who exist only to troll players on tall tales missions. There is nothing of value to steal!

• @winter-fritz44

If it gets stored in the inventory, what's to stop someone from your own crew from picking up your quest item and leaving the game with it? What if they get DC'd?

Then even if you universally add it to all crewmates inventories, you'll just end up with people standing at turn in points to quick-farm it while their mates are out gathering the items.

• @zorbin-the-sir
    I'm not surprised. Everyone is noticing that you get messed with more while on tall tales missions than when your digging up things worth stealing. I actually cashed in loot at one outpost while some campers attacked a player with a totem that wasn't worth anything. Nobody bothered me! They were all laughing and cursing at the player who had nothing worth taking while I walked past them unmolested.

People keep saying "is a pirate game and we are supposed to steal" but these players aren't all interested in finding loot they can sell.

• I have such mixed emotions on this.

On the one hand it would be nice to have quest items go into one's inventory, just for the sake of frustrating the camping/pvp/griefer/trolls. But on the other hand I, for one, like the thrill of the chase, and of having something valuable (even it it is only valuable to me) that has to be protected.

On multiple occasions we have resorted to subterfuge - cruising by destinations without stopping, while someone jumps overboard to swim an item to shore, or to scope things out before obtaining an item there. Dropping a rowboat from a ways out is always an option, too. True, leaving one's boat is always going to be problematic for solo players, but there is really no getting around that. A word to the wise, if you have something to lose, don't just pull up to a destination because you don't see a ship there - always take it slow and circle the island, and look for those tell-tale mermaids in the water.

• @arsigi
    Putting it all into inventory fixes the problem. We would still have to contend with bored trolls sinking our empty ships while we are locked in a vault but is more of an annoyance than anything else.

I find the people claiming there is no loot since the update to be more than a little wrong. I was able to walk right past campers with valuable loot because they were only interested in greifing a player with a totem. I have been cashing stuff in without any issues after buying maps because everyone is always camped out at the quest islands. I have an unlimited amount of time to search and dig on any island not typically supporting a tall tales quest.

• @chronodusk
    Crews dealing with quitters who ruin the quest would be a whole different issue that would only impact people who play with total strangers. Open crew problems have been persistent since the game launched.

The biggest problem is greifers who exist only to ruin the game for others. Putting quest items in one's inventory does solve the bulk of the greifer problem.

I can hang out and dig up chests on most islands for as long as I wish. There is no worry because camping the islands and greifing people is apparently more interesting than stealing loot that has value. In one case I managed to gain at least 15 items of value and lazily sail it back to an outpost without ever thinking anyone might want to take it all.

• I would particularly prefer that quest items could be sold at high prices. During the quests we received many unique items, they should be worth a lot if they were sold. Of course, who could sell would be just who stole the item. But better to leave that idea there away, there are too many people crying because of some quick missions...

• @callmebackdraft well yes but that way you're still stuck on the same server with those idiots, also, everyone loves starting again and doing the same sh≠t you just did for two hours

• Try being proactive play smart. I’ve been playing since launch. I recently took a 3 month break. Normally I 1v4 galleons but due to the break I am very rusty. I was playing alone and a Brig was chasing me. I hid my quest items on an island and left them there while being chased. I knew because I was rusty I couldn’t take them. Let them catch up let them sink me not without a fight though. Went back picked up my quest items finished the voyage.

It’s sucks having to start over but if you play smart you won’t have to. Watch the horizons never let anyone get close. If you can’t protect your treasure don’t keep it on your boat sell it. If you don’t want to lose a quest item hide it like I did.

Personally when I sink a ship if I see they have a quest item I will deliver it back to them. Not everyone is like that but I’m only there for the gold not to ruin a day.

• @zorbin-the-sir

It is understandable to be attacked, be looted, be pirated, but it ruins the game when another crew steals a required quest item.

Get ready to get a +1 upgrade for your tears bro, because Rare are thinking about adding monetary value on TT items to encourage people to steal them MORE. xD

So i think it's safe to say they're meant to be stolen. ;3

• As this thread was 10 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
8 out of 26