I know that this would not be a priority, but it would be nice to see eventually.
The corvette would be of similar size to the Brigantine but with some significant differences.
- It would be slower.
- It would have a half-raised rear quarter with stairs leading up to it.
- It would boast three masts (smaller and faster to work than that of the brig).
- It would have three cannons.
- It would have higher sides providing more cover for pirates.
- It's potential minimum turning circle would be smaller than the brig's, but it would be slower to turn in terms of speed.
This would provide more of a tank type ship for 3 players. It would be slow but pack a punch and be a good competitor against galleons - but the sacrifice in speed for firepower means that you won't be able to get away very easily.
This would simply be a new type of ship to cater to more play styles as well as adding more variety to the seas and their encounters.
Thanks for reading, please leave your ideas and opinions below to discuss!