Pirate Times Issue #7 Submissions

• Myself and The crew of the Red Dog have been working hard to bring the Community "The Kings of Fish" Fishing tournament! We've had a a stack of amazing crews battle it out over four tournaments so far to see who can be crowned the grand champions! The semi finals kick off next week and its bound to be an amazing time! The winners will receive trophies hand crafted by the talented lootin' Liz! We've been breaking all kinds of records for the amount of fish sold in a single session, and over 30 pirates aboard 10 crews have shown us their skills with a fishing rod so far! We stream the event every fortnight and will be making highlight videos for the On The Map YouTube channel! The rules are posted on our twitter page, and we've had some crafty pirates find ways to fish their way to victory so far! Needless to say this has been the BIGGEST fishing tournament the seas have ever seen!! 😃🐟🐠

https://twitter.com/Thereddogpodca1/status/1175496881503256576?s=19

• Aside from the "Kings of Fish" fishing Tournament, the On The Map crew have a MONSTROUS community event coming up on October 12th! The Red Dog and the C.S.V. Robin Hood will be joining forces and gathering a fleet of Legendary Pirates in a community event, to Sail as an armada and hunt down the Shrouded Ghost in "Hunt for the Legend"! We'll be battling through waves of Krakens, Skelly Ships and Megladons to try and finally track down the Mysterious and elusive Shro-Gho once and for all! Its going to be a massive event! 😃

https://twitter.com/Thereddogpodca1/status/1175760316371820544?s=19

• @caixaderemedio up aqui é o Brasil bro

• I think cosplay submissions are allowed? If not, please delete, haha.

Anyway, some of you might know that I've done a full Madame Olivia cosplay semi-recently, and it's basically my favorite cosplay by far. ^_^ A lot of time and work went into it, but I'm super proud of it! I've already shared some other info and images on the forum here if you're interested.

alt text

• In alpha I did many things to learning the map back of my hand to even how long it takes to swim one island to the other to help in future.yet the main reason I came here is every 29 of each month I write Eric Smith in treasure for my dead brother Eric that love pirates and being part of the party, so like I said I write his name always at my favorite outpost (plunder outpost). I leave the goods there and and drink one full tankerd before I sail off....

• I'll tell ye a tale of bravery and massive patience. One of our crew, "Minesweeper" Holly, became stranded on a fort during one of her sweeps. Rather than take the easy way back, they decided to accept a challenge from our captain: Capture a Reapers Chest and deliver it solely from a rowboat.

There was 1 in one corner of the map, 2 in the Devils Roar. Our fantastic Minesweeper outdid themself and captured all 3, at the same time and delivered to an outpost that was swarming with Reapers-hungry competition, all from a rowboat that was half damaged from the start!

Legends are made not from their actions, but from the stories they can leave, and Minesweeper Holly did the Pirate Lord proud!

• I would like to take a moment of your time to talk about the CSV Robin Hood community started by Nayfe Pacewell.

Nayfe started his pirating career by stacking loot with non legends to help them reach their pirate legends dreams. Today the CSV robin hood is a fleet of nearly 200 sailors who, on a regular basis, set out upon the seas to find loot with non-legends. Millions have been plundered to date on behalf of those with big dreams.

On September 13th the community carried their lootstacking efforts into the real world as they raised over one thousand dollars for St Judes Childrens Hospital. A month long campaign ensued that raised awareness for childrens cancer research. On the final days a fleet of six ships sailed the high Seas looking for gold for the kids.

The CSV Robin Hood community has done the pirate lord proud, they dont do it for the gold, but for the glory. They do it to hear the excitement in someone's voice as they brandish their title and open Athena's Fortune for the very first time. They are a Gold Hoarders best friend, a Merchant's first mate, and an Order Of Souls favorite bounty hunter.

• @takuboto Here's a video I cobbled together from a recent adventure.

My ship full of holes and taking fire, and with dwindling supplies, I grabbed my loot, jumped in the rowboat and hoped my navigational skills would lead me to an outpost. . .

• @tweedymeanderer Loved that. A real epic story. I'm a bit stunned how your first outpost encounter went! Great use of the soundtrack.

• So here is my contribution, i made this clip a while back, but i wanted to share it here in the hopes of getting it featured.

The clip is 100% unscripted and the game just happened to work in my favour, but it has ignited my passion for clip making on SoT, so I do hope to make more clips, even if they are scripted!

CLIP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_af0cYM7QE

• @takuboto i'd love to see halloween events and limited cosmetics

• @chronodusk

Wow, Beautifully scored!!!

• Hi Pirates!

We are a junior drum & bugle corps from Dordrecht, The Netherlands with boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 16 years old. We have used the great music of the Sea of Thieves game to create a marching band show!

Last weekend we were crowned European champions. Below the link where you can see our performance.

We hope you will like it!

Jong Jubal Drum & Bugle corps show: The Pirates of Devil's Island

alt text

Jong Jubal

Jong Jubal Drum & Bugle corps Facebook page

• Come on down to Three Paces East Emporium, where you'll find something for all of your piratical needs.

Meet our friendly staff https://imgur.com/TgKs0fn

Grab a bit to eat in our state of the art food court! https://imgur.com/bg83uFg

The only question is, what are you waiting for? https://imgur.com/IUa3kt4

• @mikedelta52 Thanks! I like adding a little musical accompaniment here and there to enhance the drama - there's only so much you can do visually with in-game footage!
    And I imagine the guy at the outpost was as baffled as I was. Perhaps it was a mutual respect for each other's beards, who knows?

• @wizzwass That's amazing!! Massive respect! Are you all SoT players?

• @wizzwass
    Absolutely fantastic!

• @thor-von-blitz
    Thank you!

• @jetorchidee97
    Thank you!

I have played the game together with my son (also with the corps) and a few other players for the last year now and used the music from the trailers and in-game sound effects to write the show.

The audio score is amazing, thanks to Robin Beanland!

• @wizzwass
    Speaking of Robin:
    https://twitter.com/TheRealBeano/status/1178954877797576704?s=19

• @takuboto I think the best song in the world should have a spotlight :D

• @snakeofficialyt I must admit, that wasn't easy to listen to, but that was fun 😂

• @jetorchidee97 Thanks.. i guess? xD

• @takuboto the sloop battle a time past the good ship admiral benbow sailed the waters and got in a sloop battle and had help from an enemy and you can trust some pirates after all

• @snakeofficialyt this is ok but too much cringe

• @boxcar-squidy lol nice

• @corsaircrofty said in Pirate Times Issue #7 Submissions:

I think cosplay submissions are allowed? If not, please delete, haha.

Anyway, some of you might know that I've done a full Madame Olivia cosplay semi-recently, and it's basically my favorite cosplay by far. ^_^ A lot of time and work went into it, but I'm super proud of it! I've already shared some other info and images on the forum here if you're interested.

alt text

that's really, really cool

• @puppychomp nice

• @closinghare208 Thanks so much! ^_^

• @corsaircrofty how did you do it?

• @caixaderemedio up

• @takuboto I have created a discord for creator crew content creators & SoT partners to show off their content to those trying to improve their pirating skills. I will be doing more events with it in the future as we network with other streamers. I call it the Booty Bay Community College of Piracy or BBCCoP.

• At EGX London I gave you guys a gift from me and the Rogue Legends you guys loved it. The gift is messages from all of us at Rogues Legends put in bottles in a chest. Also the amazing @lizalaroo made us a Rogue Legend Tavern sign which we gave to you😁.Finally @CodeName-Jenova made a book for you guys which you guys loved. I have picture of Mike and Robin reading it such a great picture. If you could please put a mention of this in the pirate times it would be amazing thank you!!!

Views
69 out of 75