NPC's in Taverns. (IDEA)

• Here me out, when we spawn in the tavern's all we see is the girls at behind the counter, the mysterious pirate at the back, and Duke. So I am thinking, there should be other pirates/other people in the taverns, but not just the same people, but different pirates (like each tavern will have at least six to seven NPC, different from each other at other taverns around the seas of Sea of Thieves). For instance:

THE WILDS: - These are ruthless and aggressive NPCs. This is where you will see most of your fighting, rough-housing, and drunkard pirates. They tend to want to pick a fight with you, REGARDLESS of what you do.

THE ANCIENT ISLES: - These NPCs' are your more sane and simple pirates. You can interact with them without any hassle and they tend to dance, have fun and talk to one another, including you. They are more of those pirates were they are not to aggressive, but will sometimes get a little tough here and there.

THE SHORES OF PLENTY: - This is where your rich and classy pirates are located. They speak class and are condescending. They will also talk smack about the pirates in the Wilds, and talk more mannerly about those in the Ancient Isles.

DEVIL's ROAR: - Straightforward, The Wilds' pirates but 2x worst.

Views
    questioncommunityjust for funfeedback
  • @prorapidkiller while i get the idea of this but i would like to turn in my chests not fight npc's in outposts

• @jollyolsteamed No, you don't fight them, but it's more like when you interact (like with what you do when going to get clothes or equipment), you just talk, but not physically attack you.

• @prorapidkiller oooh alright misunderstanding then haha

• I like this idea - the PL hideout is already a good template for this. They could open up new voyage opportunities in the future too.

The only thing I would change is that the Ancient Isles should have the older, more experienced, or retired pirates in its tavern. I suppose it's a good thing there's generally 2 outposts per region...

• @galactic-geek I like your suggestion to include in the Ancient Isles.

• I've definitely seen this mentioned before. Seems like a fairly simple upgrade that would add a lot of life to the seas.

Certain voyages could be granted by certain NPCs. some voyages might require that you track down certain NPCs. You could follow side quest chains that require you to talk to a line of NPCs. And these wouldn't be standard voyages up until the last NPC, so you could do regular voyages alongside them.

As well as having random NPCs offer good deals on cosmetics.

Get in to drinking contest with a pirate in the Wilds.
    Arm wrestle.
    Haggle.
    Guess the answer to riddles.

Lots of possibilities.

• Blackpowder Bob is offering 200 gold for gunpowder kegs at Galleon's Grave. He must be up to another crazy scheme.

Also, here's a similar take from awhile back...
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/65613/passengers-new-content-idea/14

• @devariss I think the OP stated they wouldn't actually fight, just be aggressive in their dialogue.

• @devariss
    He later stated that it was only in dialogue.

• @devariss Two posts down from the top. No biggie.

RapidKiller said, No, you don't fight them, but it's more like when you interact (like with what you do when going to get clothes or equipment), you just talk, but not physically attack you.

• @devariss I do that ALL the time.

Views
questioncommunityjust for funfeedback
4 out of 12