Please get rid of bundle only stuff

• I dont think it’s really fair that if i want one emote i spend 10 dollars it comes off as kinda scummy like your penny pinching all you can out of us

Views
  • @thecakeisalive1
    You can buy them individually. Click on the bundle and then one of the options to the right. They could make it easier and more clear to buy individually though.

• @blazedrake100 That's not true. With the emotes there is a bundle of 8 emotes and 6 of them are not possible to buy separate.

I am only interested in 3 of them, which should cost me 447 coins, but the only way to get them is to spend 999 coins on a bundle. 999 coins on only 3 emotes means overpaying 184 coins on each emote. It's worse if you only want 1 emote and have to overpay 849 coins just to be able to buy it. It makes no sense for anyone to do that if they only want 1 emote.

Rare do you want our money or not? Would love to buy emotes but you don't allow us to buy them at the moment.

• @thecakeisalive1 said in Please get rid of bundle only stuff:

I dont think it’s really fair that if i want one emote i spend 10 dollars it comes off as kinda scummy like your penny pinching all you can out of us

I mean they need the money to keep their place going

• @closinghare208 And we are willing to give them our money, yet they don't seem to want our money by not allowing us to buy something normally. I bought 4 pets+outfits and a hull. And that hull you can buy separate from the bundles, so why emotes not???
    So you can see I am more then willing to donate this game money so they have the funds to update this game forever. But they just need to remove 'Bundle only' limitations to get more people willing to buy their stuff.

• Welcome to the world of business and capitalism :)

• @eggamer13 a dit dans Please get rid of bundle only stuff :

Welcome to the world of business and capitalism :)

• @musical-memoirs said in Please get rid of bundle only stuff:

@closinghare208 And we are willing to give them our money, yet they don't seem to want our money by not allowing us to buy something normally. I bought 4 pets+outfits and a hull. And that hull you can buy separate from the bundles, so why emotes not???
    So you can see I am more then willing to donate this game money so they have the funds to update this game forever. But they just need to remove 'Bundle only' limitations to get more people willing to buy their stuff.

ok

• @eggamer13 said in Please get rid of bundle only stuff:

Welcome to the world of business and capitalism :)

But that's not smart business. If you see people waving money you should accept the money instead of saying they can only buy something the people doesn't want. You lose out on quite some customers. It's just a terrible business decision.

• @musical-memoirs I think Rare knows exactly how to make a profitable business more than all of us.

• @eggamer13 As far as I know this is Rare's first attempt into micro transactions. Although they are in a position to ask for advise from Microsoft who has more experience in this particular subject. But Rare themselves doesn't have the experience. And there are enough gamers with a business background (myself included), so don't make assumptions about the lack of knowledge on someone else.

And just because something is successful doesn't make it flawed. There actually is no perfect system, so no matter what you do it's always flawed.
    Adding too much options to tailor to too many kinds of people will create chaos and confusion, so that's bad. But a lack of options will just disappoint people who were willing to spend money and you will lose out on purchases.
    You need to find the perfect middle point that creates the most profit.

Currently there are too few options and I have seen and know multiple people who called out their disappointments. But I haven't seen anyone complain about an overdose of options making the system cluttered/chaotic and lose interest that way.

Options that are lacking that wouldn't clutter the screen with options:

1. All emotes as separate options. The ones you can buy are right next to the one you can't, so the layout doesn't require any change. And ship cosmetics use almost the same layout, but there you can buy them already. As BlazeDrake100's faulty comment proves this currently confuses people.

2. The ability to choose the color of your pet after buying a pet bundle. A friend of mine got confused and bought the parrot bundle by mistake, he expected he could change the color of the bundle. Luckily Rare was nice and refunded him and he now has the color he wanted. But if that was an option this wouldn't have been a problem.

3. Discounts when you own bundle parts. If you own a part of a bundle you currently don't get discount on the bundle. Making someone who already bought the 2 separate emotes less likely to buy the bundle. Ever since Steam made such a thing possible lots of people started buying game bundles on Steam to complete their collections, so it's a working system to encourage more sales.

If they change these 3 points there would be no confusion, the store would look almost the same, but still give more options for those who want them. Resulting in more purchases and less complaints. That would be smart business decisions.

• Indeed i was all for the addition of Emotes and more than willing to purchase the ones i would like, except that option is not given instead they have pigeonholed select emotes into "Bundle Only" packs.
    Thus i'll be refraining from any purchases of said emotes until it's an option.

I get this marketing strategy for Exclusive Time Limited Items in the Store, if it intends at all to have any e.g. ship sets rotating stock. But to lock out 6/8 emotes with each Emote Pack for the future is absurd and fundamentally goes against what i feel is a core value of the game itself.

Tools NOT Rules! In this instance for emotes please.

• I'd only buy the Fancy Jig, I could live without the others in the bundle.
    I won't spend ten bucks for it, and it is not offered separately.

Another bundle has more emotes that I'd want to buy, at least three.

But I would still want just that Fancy Jig.

• As far as I can understand, items in the emporium will be rotated, so I am holding off buying the whole emote package in the hope the one I would like will become available at a later date by itself.

• But making it clear and equitable would get in the way of them slurping as much money as possible out of your pocket!!!

Remember the ol' days of cable packages?
    In order to get HBO, you have to first purchase the Platinum Package....even though there's nothing IN the Platinum Package that you want.
    But to unlock HBO, you MUST have the Platinum Package, and a DVR, and a 2nd receiver, and sign on for 3 years and not just 2.

Oh and we've conveniently signed you up for the Id-10-T program which won't show up or do anything anywhere that you will notice except for your monthly bill.

YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!

If you don't like the way it's handled....speak with your wallet and DO NOT BUY.
    That's our best way of vocalizing our distaste for it.....not participating in it.

If you buy into it, you are only saying that what they are doing is perfectly fine with you.

• @thecakeisalive1 This is exactly the reason why I didn't buy any emote.

I totally agree there should be options to buy them separately the way it happens with ship parts.

• Well... I just noticed... Why are we digging up an old body???

• @needsmokes Rotation doesn't necessarily mean that the ones you can buy separate change from time to time. What I think they meant is that they will add new emotes/ships/pets and sometimes the offer the current sets and later it changes to different sets. It's meant as a way to keep the store uncluttered. like I said in one of my comments: "Adding too much options to tailor to too many kinds of people will create chaos and confusion, so that's bad." So they (temporarily) remove one of the options if there are too many at a given time. Adding the option to buy all of them separate doesn't make the store cluttered and confusing, so it's not likely they rotate the separate ones either.

• @lil-fokker said in Please get rid of bundle only stuff:

If you don't like the way it's handled....speak with your wallet and DO NOT BUY.
    That's our best way of vocalizing our distaste for it.....not participating in it.

If you buy into it, you are only saying that what they are doing is perfectly fine with you.

Not really... There can be many reasons to not buy something. And there are many different counter actions they need to make to get people more willing to buy. And buying something that you like doesn't say you agree to everything they do. Buying it or not doesn't tell them at all why something is working or not. And your reasoning behind it will not come thru. Speaking with your wallet does not work at all.

Not buying something can mean many things:

• You didn't notice the micro transaction store - So they have to push it more in the face of players that you can buy stuff.
    • You don't have the money for it or think it's too expensive - So the prices should be lowered, or add extra cheap options for someone like that.
    • You are principally against micro transactions - They need to do PR to show that micro transactions are a good thing for the game.
    • You don't like the options they sell - They need to add more options
    • You don't want to buy a premium currency first - They will need to allow players to directly buy the offered items without the currency step.
    • You want to wait for discounts - They will need to communicate whether discounts will happen or not in the future.
    • You want to buy something but the options don't allow you to buy it the way you want - They will have to tweak the options to allow you to buy what you want.
    • You don't like something that they do so you 'speak with your wallet' - Well, this can be anything so there is no specific action to take.
    • And more possible reasons not to buy them - And more specific responses necessary to convince you.

So feedback like this is way more effective in voicing your opinion about a specific matter, then 'speaking with your wallet'.

And I bought the game knowingly that back then it was extremely lacking content. I did not agree on that practice, but the game was so much fun that I could look over that problem. If I had to 'speak with my wallet' then I could not play this amazing game. One complaint does not become the perfect reason not to buy something, because everything in the world is flawed, so you wouldn't be able to buy anything. And buying something doesn't make you agree to everything.

• @nunoazuldimeter Trying to make sense of your comment... Is this a subject that has had a lot of discourse in the past?
    If so did you have a link to aforementioned responses from Rare regarding this matter?
    I seem to find little to no official response in my searching.

• @ixxolos My mate... Forums rules are simple...
    Threads without any activity for more than 3 days are considered Dead.
    If someone posts in those after that time is considered Necro.
    If someone wants to talk/discuss about the subject should create a new one.

So this posts has +20 days. No activity in between, and yesterday someone decided to bring it back from the Dead, Necro!

Exception made to [Mega threads]
    For more information about forum rules go check The forum rules.

Clarified?

• @nunoazuldimeter
    Well please link me to that specific rule as I can't find it in:
    'Sea of Thieves Community Code of Conduct + Forum Rules'
    Instead the rules state:
    "Resurrecting threads over one month old is also not permitted."

Not all forums use the same definition of a dead thread and rather don't want you to keep making new posts about the same topic. In 'Locked Thread! But Why?' they even state that "Posting Duplicate Topics" and "Neglecting to Search / Check Recent Posts" is a reason to lock a post.
    And what is supposed to be 'recent' is a subjective term without a fixed definition. You consider this 3 day, I consider this within a month and Rare according to the rules too. A month also checks out with the monthly update, this thread was made within the same monthly update.

But this is getting totally offtopic... So let's get back to what this thread is all about! After all, I want to buy me some emotes without the bundle limitations already!

• @Deckhands can someone please help here just to clarify this.

Views
1 out of 23