Here's an idea - SOVEREINGTY

• How about you could claim an island,
    you could stick your flag into the ground
    and call the land your own.

The benefits? I don't know...
    Maybe each claimed island passively generates 1 gold per 1 in-game hour, so 24gold per day per island?
    Maybe even 1 doubloon per every 10 islands held for 1 day or whatever to that effect?
    Achievements tied to your success of building an empire?
    If anybody takes your islands you'd see it on the map, go there and take them back, hello and welcome PVP?!

Think of it as a global quest ... or rather ... a conquest of the globe.

Views
  • @bumbumbac this sounds fun, but I would want the amount of gold earned every hour increased to at least 100 gold, giving me more incentive to want to do such in the game. :)

• I feel like this could be an alternative Arena style match-a capture the flag style game. Or maybe something like this could be a timed content update where you claim islands for each of the merchant factions.

• dont make the current islands conquerable, but add unique and conquerable civilized outpost-like islands instead.

it would prevent people from being forced to PvP, unknowingly landing on a claimed island or forced to land on claimed islands related to their voyage.

other than that the general idea is very good.

maybe include benefits like exclusive cosmetics, a supply cashe that is restocked consistently, and a primary ship spawn point option for the pirates currently owning the island.

• @bumbumbac said in Here's an idea - SOVEREINGTY:

How about you could claim an island,

Maybe each claimed island passively generates 1 gold per 1 in-game hour, so 24gold per day per island?
    Maybe even 1 doubloon per every 10 islands held for 1 day or whatever to that effect?
    If anybody takes your islands you'd see it on the map, go there and take them back, hello and welcome PVP?!

Very fun concept but it would be difficult for new players to get anything done if all the islands are claimed. Instead I would argue something similar that would cater to pvpers and not hurt the new players/pvers.

King of the Hill:
    Make the Sea Dog Tavern have a beacon or flag pole at the rest area found outside the tavern doors. The height would split the crew up to either guard the flag/beacon at the top or their ship that is far below them. This should give enough room for players to fight while also mixing the terrain and forcing players into choke points. Additionally an ammo crate would have to be added near the flag/beacon.
    This would create a mark on the map similar to the reapers flag/chest and show it is claimed. As well as an icon that appears for the crew who owns it to see below their health or at their chat box so they can see they still claim it.

Rewards could be linked to accommodations for the Sea Dogs or gold/doubloons and should be based on time it is kept but should have a maximum so that if the server is dead they can't just farm it for free. Timer would reset any time someone steals it from you and you get it back, and timer would continue anytime you kill an opponent.

• @bumbumbac said in Here's an idea - SOVEREINGTY:

How about you could claim an island,

In this pirate game, you can do exactly that.

The reason Sea of Thieves wont have that, is because it's not a survival game. :P

• @zherron-vorse said

it would be difficult for new players to get anything done if all the islands are claimed.

Just like beacons someone set on fire don't prevent you from running your missions on the island the sovereign flag wouldn't either. One could completely ignore it if not interested in it.

The idea is monopoly styled one - claim territory = earn passive income.
    Although to earn it you have to actively come and claim it and actively defend it if challenged.

It's just another outlet for another game style.

• The biggest problem is that every time you log in you don't know in which server you are, so maybe you own an Island in Server "Kalo" but you joint server "Tup" then your island isn't yours.

• @giangi877 said in Here's an idea - SOVEREINGTY:

The biggest problem is that every time you log in you don't know in which server you are, so maybe you own an Island in Server "Kalo" but you joint server "Tup" then your island isn't yours.

No such thing, once you quit Kalo server you lose everything there is nothing you continue to own after you have left the server. Thus, no such problems ever occur.

• @bumbumbac so this will be good just for who have a lot of hours for play the game. But don't take me wrong I like it, I like everything that can add some pvp, but the best thing they have to add is Rank pvp where for every action you get point or you lose it when you die ecc.
    Also new arena mode, like conquest a fort that is protected by another crew, npc commercial ship that go from point A to point B and you have to sink them and steal all the stuff (thats what pirates do)

• Maybe a "King of the Hill" monthly event? Claim an island and defend it?

• The world is too big for stuff like this. People will just be cycling around claiming unprotected islands.

Not to mention what happens when you merge players together that "own" the same islands.

Views
1 out of 12