let's make the hunter's call fun

• okay the hunter's call is basically a looong grind of boring fishing, here's some suggestions to make it more interesting.

-fishing with nets: throw a net into the sea and wait after a while, schools of fish will swim into the net, reel it in cook it and sell it.

-(medieval) dive suit, or dive bells with hunting spears dive to the depths of the sea and hunt down some big fish these bulky bois will surely fetch a nice price

-new voyages- start with a riddle revealing the position of a beast's liar, throw rare "bait" (like shark meat, or stormfishes) defeat this beast and claim it's meat and possibly a strange trophy.

-trawler ship- bad at combat but awesome at hunting, with two cooking pans, a table to mend your broken nets, and a more complex rigging for extra speed, and possibly much,much, more. if you end up chased by a foe's ship sail against the wind, with its versatile rigging you can easily sail out of your opponent's reach. it would like this, a sloop but with no cannons, a cooking pan were the cannon barrels are supposed to be, and several small sails. there would be a ladder leading to the stern where the wheel is gonna be, then there would be a latch and another ladder leading downwards into a small cabin with a map on one wall and a door leading to a railing on the back of the stern (like the ones on galleons). then there would a stair (in the cabin) leading downwards below deck, here would a table for mending nets, a couple of harpoons and hunting spears (for fighting sharks,megs and krakens), a diving suit like i said before, and two latches on both sides that could open when you need to bail. yes i know the ship isn't perfect but it's very unique and would have even greater maneuverability than the sloop.

-a hunter's tavern near the sea dog's one- there's plenty of space right so why not the hunters move in too. here you will be able to use your "strange trophies" mentioned earlier to get perks like " your sell ancientscales for 10% more gold, or catch spalshtails 30& more quicker.

who thinks that these ideas are good? i honestly just think that hunter's call is wayyy to grindy even for sea of thieves.

Views
  • @cookieconsumer6 I have no interest in hunters call, so won't comment onto he ideas. But I really want to hear more about this medieval diving suit.

• I don’t like the fishing. Probably cause I play inverted and the Interface it weird to me with the pole.

That and it’s boring. So I agree with OP. If I get 50 in Hunters Call it’s going to be a long time and from other people in the crew selling stuff.

Now if there was a chance to catch a cannon ball I would Fish all the time cause there ain’t enough dang cannonballs in this game!!!

• @cookieconsumer6 I think the fishing net and the dive suit would be a lot better and a lot more fun. Sitting on the ship fishing is pretty boring fast and leaves you vulnerable to attack because it can take time to reel the fish in. Dropping a fishing net out would eliminate some of the danger while still being able to catch some fish and still have to cook them up if you want the max amount of rep/gold.

The dive suit or bell would just be a whole lot of fun too, add another mechanic and new enemy to obtain to turn in to the Hunter's Call. As it stands now they are the hardest and most tedious to obtain reputation with in my opinion.

• Fully agree. I wish that there was a way to speed it up a little.

A voyage would be good, even if it was just 'deliver X ancientscales, Y plentifins and Z wreckers' or something, with extra gold and rep if you deliver all of those. You could still get normal gold and rep for cashing in fish.

I like the idea of a passive net, although it would have to be pretty slow at collecting or collect bad fish; alternatively it could slow your boat down (say) 30%.

Something I've seen suggested is to add a barrel of fish to the loot room in every skull fort. This would also serve to reinvigorate skull forts, which is badly needed.

• I don't even fish anymore. Sunken ships and Barrels of Plenty five me all the fish I get and most of the Gems.

• okay, some of you won't like hunter's call but admit it that's a whole trading company, making it interesting can possibly make the path to pirate legend much more fun.

• @william-flint well, i haven't really worked it out myself.

• For me Hunter's call was never meant to be ground. The fish you catch are more of a resource than a source of Rep and Gold, excluding the major trophies. I think people just need to accept that maybe its ok not to immediately have max Rep. However, bulk catching fish has minor game balance issues. Fish is high tier when it comes to food items. Having the ability to bulk catch fish just makes fruit obsolete.

• @glannigan want more canonballs go to a inactive fort there is usually a lot

• @nabberwar i meant small fish like krill, not the ones we have now. and also the hunter's call is a faction for a reason, to rank up with it. sure with you want just fish for the food, but rank up if you want to.

• I love the idea of spicing this up! I think someone else has suggested this at some point, but maybe you get crab or lobster pots you have to come back around to in order to gather your catch. Maybe you get recipes for cooking that combine multiple food items and give you either higher health/faster health regeneration, or other effects!

Views
1 out of 12