Problem with ingame voice (xbox)

• Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i could not seem to find a "problems" forum for this on the website.

Il try to keep it short:

Soo yesterday i played with my friend for the first time, who just got the game on XBOX, i play on PC, all worked fine so thats pretty cool. However we noticed when he tried to talk ingame, i could not hear him, when we encountered other players, I could hear them, and he could not.

We checked all the ingame settings and everything was exacly the same as my audio settings, so not sure why this was happening.

When we was in an xbox party i could hear him perfect and he me, just not in the actual sea of thieves game, so he could never hear any randoms.

We have checked countless posts on the xbox website about this but none seem to be the specific problem he has, and none of those fixes worked.

Anyone has any idea what it could be?
    Thanks in advance!
    Kevin

Views
  • Does he play on Xbox with kb/m? I have this problem but found that if I load completely onto a boat with a controller exclusively then turn on my kb/m then game chat works.

• I've had this problem as long as ive had SoT. I've had to resort to using discord off a smart phone in order to get both my crew and random other players. I put a few tickets up back in the first few months trying to get it resolved but I still have yet to have it fixed. It's something to do with xboxs shoddy audio setup but I would love to know an actual fix as well if ya can find one. Otherwise there's always discord but its not the fix your looking for.

• we had an issue like this the other night. We couldn't hear each other, or other players in game chat.

• @fishtaco321 said in Problem with ingame voice (xbox):

Does he play on Xbox with kb/m? I have this problem but found that if I load completely onto a boat with a controller exclusively then turn on my kb/m then game chat works.

thanks for the responses, he does not use a keyboard, we will try that out!

Il update later if it worked :)

If it does, deffo not the ideal fix, its weird, party chat from within xbox works (i am on pc with the xbox app) Its just other players we meet that he cannot hear, and they cant hear him, strange, and really thats half the fun of this game so it would be nice to have it sorted :)

Cheers,
    Kevin

• @nivekbe submit a ticket for it if you havent already. Maybe they will fix it finally. When my fiancee and I played (her on pc, and me next to her on Xbox) I had to use xbox party every time so I could hear my crew and gave up any chance of me hearing other players. My pc has never run into the issue.

Views
1 out of 6