Please don't add bounties

• @glannigan I agree tbh.

• Whoever said bounties had to be placed on pirates or their ships? Rare could easily have a bounty on a tougher than normal skeleton ship that everyone can see on the map because of the Reaper's chest it carries, in addition to the normal loot.

Maybe the Bilge Rats, Sea Dogs, and others might put bounties on the Grand Maritime Union ships once they arrive. Who knows?

Bounties don't have to be, and shouldn't be, based upon players.

• I personally think that bounties would be a great idea if implemented right.

If someone sinks 'x' number of ships then they get a bounty and the more ships they sink and they become visible on the map as already discussed in this thread.

I understand peoples comments about people abusing it and attacking ships more to get a larger bounty, however that type of player will do that regardless so highlighting them on the map helps you avoid them.

I also get the comments about but if i am just doing voyages and end up sinking other players attacking me i could get a bounty, yeah maybe you could, but if implemented (which i also heard it is being looked at but who knows) my guess would be that it would expire or the bounty level would reduce over time so unless you sunk 'x' amount of ships in 'Y' amount of time you would have no bounty after a period anyway. Also lets face it 70% of the time the seas are dead at it is hard to find other ships.

It's part of the game, usually if we encounter another ship one of us will board if they have no loot we will leave them unless they attack, i know other people see a ship and instantly head for the cannon regardless... the game is called Sea of Thieves... Its based around pirates, see where i am going with this?

If you do not want to pvp, which at times i do not be vigilant like merchant vessels were back in the day and keep one eye on the horizon.

• I'm of the opinion that bounties would be cool - if a player w/ bounty joins the game have a poster with his face and name and bounty displayed on every outpost but do not disclose the player's location so that you wouldn't be sure which direction to go, which ship to attack and chances are you would pick up a fight with someone else.

Imo, would be cool.

HOWEVER, it is natural for people to detest being forced into things they have no taste for... so whether you receive a bounty or not could be OPT IN option, because I wouldn't mind having a bounty on me and wearing it as a badge of fame and pride, but I understand not everybody feels the same way.

• @galactic-geek
    I'd be fine with that, or an opt in bounty like @BumBumBac suggested. I'm just worried because most bounty suggestions are for automatic bounties that punish pvp.

• @bumbumbac Interesing idea of not knowing where they are, but I would hate to be approached and interrogated by every would-be bounty hunter who happens to be looking for him.

• @galactic-geek said in Please don't add bounties:

@bumbumbac Interesing idea of not knowing where they are, but I would hate to be approached and interrogated by every would-be bounty hunter who happens to be looking for him.

Sure, if somebody wants to wear a bounty they might just as well put up the reaper's flag. Because everything about them and their actions screams come and get me if you dare

• The thing about bounties is that, with the sandbox nature of the game, you can already do it - if someone has wronged you, simply tell other crews that you will reward them for hunting down the offending crew, and then of course, pay them when they succeed. Easy!

Views
42 out of 43