Limit to Letters of Recommendation?

• I've been on the long grind to pirate legend, and I ended up reaching 42/41/41 in the three original companies, and for some time I've been saving up Bilge Rat Doubloons. For some reason Duke's Black Market is showing all three of those letters of recommendation as locked. Is it possible to have bought too many? Is there a limit to how many you can purchase per day or something like that? Thanks for any and all help!

Views
  • @sparkawan In the recent Update the letters were limited to one per month per faction.

• @sparkawan As mentioned, since the Update on the 11th, Letters of Recommendation are now limited to 1 per Trading Company per month, due to the abundance of Doubloons available to players now.

Letters of RecommendationPlayers are now earning a steady stream of Doubloons through the on-time delivery of Rag and Bone Crates and hoarding of Reaper’s Chests, in addition to the Mercenary Voyages being made available for free! So under the provision of the Trading Companies, Duke has begun restricting the flow of Letters of Recommendation. Players will now be only able to purchase a single Letter of Recommendation for each Company in each month.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes#black-market-faq-black-market

• players grind doubloons for a reason and that’s letters. plz bring back unlimited letters bc it takes away the feeling of accomplishment completing commendations.

• @sus-waank69

1. Ressurecting old threads is a no no on these here forums @Deckhands a lock please ?

2. The reason unlimited Letters is not a thing anymore is because doubloons are not a limited resource anymore due to reapers chests, gifts, ashen chests, tomes, ritual skulls.

Without much effort i am currently at 20k+ doubloons which would mean if i could purchase an infinite amount of those letters Rare could implement 13! New factions that i could instantly level up to level 50.

• As this thread was 5 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 6