Arena Fixes

• @blatantwalk4260 said in Arena Fixes:

@muzackmann they were swapping off who would win and who wouldnt to farm wins. One ship was even loading chests on to the other guys to help speed up the point gains

I call shenanigans.

• @blatantwalk4260 I agree the wait time for getting into an actual game is ridiculous. My crew and I waited for a total of about 45 minutes yesterday trying to get into a game. We tried switching lobbies a couple of times but we just ended up sitting there in those too. Part of the problem though is that if people don't get in immediately they leave and try again. If people would stay and wait I think it would start quicker.

The arena used to start when all the crews weren't full which sucked for them but at least the crews that were full could start the game. I think now it wants at least most if not all the crews full before the game will begin.

• Yeah I feel the same things I haven’t played arena much due to the slight advantage pc players naturally get with mouse and keyboard.

Last night we went from Xbox only servers to pc and the difference was night and day,it went from a balanced game to a slaughter !

Also how can people dupe the system and end up in Xbox only ??

• @sniperscope20

Yeah I feel the same things I haven’t played arena much due to the slight advantage pc players naturally get with mouse and keyboard.

Last night we went from Xbox only servers to pc and the difference was night and day,it went from a balanced game to a slaughter !

No system is being duped. This is working as advertised. The choice of opt-out is only a preference. You have Joe Neate stating that when the opt out pool is to small to get a match going, you will be mitigated into the main pool.

• @sniperscope20 said in Arena Fixes:

Yeah I feel the same things I haven’t played arena much due to the slight advantage pc players naturally get with mouse and keyboard.

Xbox players also have exactly the same keyboard and mouse "advantage" this is a fact, no excuses.

Input choice is not a PC Vs Xbox issue.

Both have the same choices when it comes to inputs. Fact.

This is why PC players with controllers should be afforded the same courtesy, and the preference renamed "controller only"

Let's have it right 🧐

• @troubled-cells I agree with what your saying about que times they are a lot worse recently but I believe part of the issue is also down to the fact that they put in the option for opt in xbox only as it dilutes the player pool down more.

It needs fixed though as i have experienced arenas in the last couple of weeks that have had players on 3 ships start with a full crew and also a couple of crews of two players.

I know it is controversial and it is only my opinion but i would welcome a login delay for people quitting the lobbies, it would stop lobby hopping which would help the issue, its not the overall solution but it would help, better stay in a match for 10-15 minutes getting beat than get a 20 minute arena lock.

• @roguextreme01 said in Arena Fixes:

@troubled-cells I agree with what your saying about que times they are a lot worse recently but I believe part of the issue is also down to the fact that they put in the option for opt in xbox only as it dilutes the player pool down more.

It needs fixed though as i have experienced arenas in the last couple of weeks that have had players on 3 ships start with a full crew and also a couple of crews of two players.

I know it is controversial and it is only my opinion but i would welcome a login delay for people quitting the lobbies, it would stop lobby hopping which would help the issue, its not the overall solution but it would help, better stay in a match for 10-15 minutes getting beat than get a 20 minute arena lock.

I'm pretty sure rare did discuss that they were looking into penalties for quitting.

I hope it gets implemented.

Something like a 6 hour time out, and for multiple violations do something like what GTA did , which forced a player to wear a dunce hat I believe so that the behaviour was visible to others.

• @roguextreme01

I don't see it as controversial, many games have penalties for leaving early. When they leave, they ruin the entire multiplayer experience. It's not just their crews experience ruined, but also every other crew. Constantly having games where its only 3 ships on the server is annoying.

Having a crew-mate leave, just ruins the rest of the crew's experience. No one likes playing a person down, it just makes actually winning much harder to obtain. What is bound to happen, is when one leaves the rest will follow.

The possibility of a comeback is completely thrown out, the crew who runs away with 10k point difference just gets an easier time running away with the victory. Had those other crews stayed, they might finally realize that if they dog pile the leader as a group you might just easily dethrone them. That and an odd number like three just makes contesting ships hard. Two will be engaged with each other, meanwhile, the third is farming uncontested. Thus, just cementing a lead if they already had it.

• @bloodybil So it is you that made me stub my toe ;o)

• @xshadovvhunterx said in Arena Fixes:

Arena matching is long because most of their playerbase doesnt play it. It might be time to abandon it or are least shrink down the number of ships. People dont even sail Galleons in adventure mode no less Arena.

Can confirm I would be willing to play Arena and probably have 240 matches under my belt by now if I had the choice to sail something other than a galleon.

I liked Arena at first but when it started getting harder for me to find enough competent crew mates to fill a Galleon, I stopped playing it and haven't really looked back. I can easily get a skilled brigantine or sloop together.

But when I have to fill a galleon, my only option tends to be some people from the Discord who have no idea what they're doing and I just have no interest in playing competitively under those conditions...

IMO the biggest barrier (among other issues) that's keeping Arena from being as good as it could be is the lack of ship types. I said when it was still in testing that releasing as Galleons only would surely hold it back and lots of people refused to believe me.

• @sniperscope20 they are able to launch the game get into an xbox controller only game and still invite pc players

• @marsmayflower At night you can have every single person all launch arena at the same time on closed crew solo galleons. Get two people in on the same server and then jump everyone to those ships. Since the merging of players out doesnt work like its suppose too you can hold those sessions.

• @blatantwalk4260 I congratulate them for their effort

• About Queue times, I think its the poor match making. People get bored waiting and leave then come back into the game they end up in a different lobby. You basically end up with dozens of half empty lobbies waiting on full crews.

SOT should grab everyone from all waiting lobbies and merge them into the arena when there are enough crew members.

• I was just in an arena lobby waiting for about 40 minutes and then i was kicked for inactivity , but was looking at the crews that were in the lobby there were 3 in my crew including me , 3 in another crew and then there were 1 in each of the other 3 crews. If the other 3 crews of 1 merged we might have been able to get a game sooner

@sniperscope20 they are able to launch the game get into an xbox controller only game and still invite pc players

Rare made it like that.

What's your point?

• @troubled-cells I believe the point would be that the group should then be thrown into the regular servers and not the preferred servers. I think that is what he is saying. I dunno.

• @inboundbomb said in Arena Fixes:

@troubled-cells I believe the point would be that the group should then be thrown into the regular servers and not the preferred servers. I think that is what he is saying. I dunno.

Technically it already has been if a PC player joins.

The other factor is that rare stated that if not enough opt out players are available, that you will be pushed to cross play games. Personally I feel this should work both ways.

I disagree that opt out players should have the priority here, when we are seeing so many players from both sides complaining about wait times due to low population all around.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

And this is his real point of contention.

People want more games of the arena ? Cross play is the current solution.

• @troubled-cells

Can you imagine if there was a hard split?

The fact that any pro opt-out complains about queue time is so ironic.

Player: I want to remove a whole segment of the player base from my matches!

Rare: Ok!

Player: WTH, I don't want my queues to take longer for matchmaking!!

Rare: ...

The fact that people complain about queue time despite preference setting' fallback is a direct proof that preference was needed and not a hard split.

I don't know if it's been confirmed anywhere that PC players had the same fallback with the preference matchmaking or not, but they absolutely should benefit from it as well, fair is fair.

• @troubled-cells well if there is such a low population then the mode should be dropped sense it would be a waste of resources. I prefer not to play Arena unless it is a complete and utter split due to it being sorta competitive play. Adventure doesn't matter if its cross play or not.

@troubled-cells well if there is such a low population then the mode should be dropped sense it would be a waste of resources. I prefer not to play Arena unless it is a complete and utter split due to it being sorta competitive play. Adventure doesn't matter if its cross play or not.

But arguably the even longer wait times are down to the preference.

Keep the cross play to maintain the biggest pool possible for those that wish to play, as it's the OG and best way for numbers.

If there was a hard opt out it would make this situation even worse.

Like I said opt out players are not the priority.

And rightfully so.

• @troubled-cells said in Arena Fixes:

@inboundbomb said in Arena Fixes:

@troubled-cells well if there is such a low population then the mode should be dropped sense it would be a waste of resources. I prefer not to play Arena unless it is a complete and utter split due to it being sorta competitive play. Adventure doesn't matter if its cross play or not.

Keep the cross play to maintain the biggest pool possible for those that wish to play, as it's the OG and best way for numbers.

And rightfully so.

I agree. To get a bigger pool would be to delete the game mode all together then there would be no worries. You play the game that came out and enjoy it or move on.
    In a competitive game mode there needs to complete separation for equal standings. It's just the way I see when i done competitive gaming back in the era of the arcades. Face to face on the same platform. I'm just an old school player that wants everything equal in competitive modes. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against PC players at all, just the game mode.

@troubled-cells said in Arena Fixes:

@inboundbomb said in Arena Fixes:

And rightfully so.

I agree. To get a bigger pool would be to delete the game mode all together then there would be no worries. You play the game that came out and enjoy it or move on.
    In a competitive game mode there needs to complete separation for equal standings. It's just the way I see when i done competitive gaming back in the era of the arcades. Face to face on the same platform. I'm just an old school player that wants everything equal in competitive modes. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against PC players at all, just the game mode.

I agree complete separation of input ,PC & Xbox controller players together, PC & Xbox keyboard and mouse players together, preference based on input not opt out of platform.

See cross play is the way forward.
    💋

• @troubled-cells
    Crossplay is the future because ignorance is bliss. There will always be complaints as the world turns and the only other games that I play that are Crossplay as well as cross platform ( xbox,Playstation and PC) will be PvE only. Hopefully one day there will only be one type.

@troubled-cells
    Crossplay is the future because ignorance is bliss.

If that's how you view it 😂

Personally I love it because it means I don't have to purchase 2 or 3 systems to play with all my friends.

Which is great as I am on quite the budget for the foreseeable future.

✌️

• What walk is saying is that we know the game will default to all players if there is not enough players on xbox opt out. When the arena launches into the tavern it says 'sailing with xbox players on controller only' or 'sailing the seas with all players' what Walk doesnt like is the fact that an xbox player could join the lobby on is own in a match that has began with 'sailing the seas with xbox players on controllers only' then invite 3 pc players to his crew. The lobby wont change to reflect this and it has nothing to do with the fact there was not enough xbox players he simply invited people and exploited the system. If this isnt an exploit and is intended then arena is simply dead to xbox players and eventually will just die as a game mode. Either way is fine to me.

• @princessasuna96 said in Arena Fixes:

an xbox player could join the lobby on is own in a match that has began with 'sailing the seas with xbox players on controllers only' then invite 3 pc players to his crew.

I am still yet to see a confirmation on this. You just keep on claiming the same story and no one was able to actually confirm that this is happening.
    Also, if it is possible, why blame PC for this? This is clearly Xbox users exploiting the system. Blame THEM.

• @princessasuna96

What walk is saying is that....

I see you speak Blantanese, could you translate this one as well?

massive lag issues every time pc players come near me

...cause this one is still lost on me? Is this a case of PC cooties messing up his internet? I only ask this due to it sounding like gibberish.

• @nabberwar said in Arena Fixes:

@princessasuna96

What walk is saying is that....

I see you speak Blantanese, could you translate this one as well?

massive lag issues every time pc players come near me

...cause this one is still lost on me? Is this a case of PC cooties messing up his internet? I only ask this due to it sounding like gibberish.

I'm still waiting for that guy who had a team of scientists checking this out to provide his data.

• @princessasuna96 said in Arena Fixes:

What walk is saying is that we know the game will default to all players if there is not enough players on xbox opt out. When the arena launches into the tavern it says 'sailing with xbox players on controller only' or 'sailing the seas with all players' what Walk doesnt like is the fact that an xbox player could join the lobby on is own in a match that has began with 'sailing the seas with xbox players on controllers only' then invite 3 pc players to his crew. The lobby wont change to reflect this and it has nothing to do with the fact there was not enough xbox players he simply invited people and exploited the system. If this isnt an exploit and is intended then arena is simply dead to xbox players and eventually will just die as a game mode. Either way is fine to me.

it's clearly intended, a preference doesnt guarentee you anything.

it's also clearly not "dead" to all xbox players, as there is a fair amount of xbox players here and elsewhere that have no issue with crossplay & are also frequently succesfull in the mode.

When will people realise this isnt a platform issue, but instead a input one.

• The wait times are long to prevent solo galleons from happening. Ships teaming up can't really be prevented. Mouse and keyboard players joining Xbox players is not a glitch; if the game cannot find enough controller only players, it'll start putting anyone in your session. Hit registration is broken in both Arena and Adventure.

• @l4chsfps said in Arena Fixes:

Also, if it is possible, why blame PC for this? This is clearly Xbox users exploiting the system. Blame THEM.

This. If xbox players can't be trusted with their own dedicated special filter and exploit it at their advantage, it's on them, not PC players.

Maybe joining while under opt-out, xbox players should only be able to join solo without being able to invite people to prevent them from abusing loopholes?

@nabberwar said in Arena Fixes:

PC cooties

Lol, love it 😂

• @spadeventura2 youre ignoring the fact the session in the top left corner says xbox and controller only. Pay attention to the whole details mate these anyone who is not on xbox controller only is not suppose to get into sessions marked with this

@spadeventura2 youre ignoring the fact the session in the top left corner says xbox and controller only. Pay attention to the whole details mate these anyone who is not on xbox controller only is not suppose to get into sessions marked with this

And here we have someone ignoring the fact that the option is a ✧・゚: ✧・゚Preference*・゚✧*:・゚✧

I mean, I know there is none so blind as those who will not see, but at this point can we have a dev, Joe Neate, Mike Chapman, Morgan Freeman, anyone, that could come down here explain him slowly with pretty images how the preference process works, since he won't listen to anyone?

@spadeventura2 youre ignoring the fact the session in the top left corner says xbox and controller only. Pay attention to the whole details mate these anyone who is not on xbox controller only is not suppose to get into sessions marked with this

alt text

Im sure they will update it accordingly to make it live just to applease you.

But you need to realise that PC players arent going to be locked out.

Views
59 out of 175