I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy

• Ahoy there mateys, there seems to be a massive influx of Xbox players complaining about the "unfair advantage" PC players have over the controller users, the only advantage they have over us, is turning 180 degree's with pinpoint precision, turning up the sensitivity for your controllers or spending a quick quid on a Keyboard and mouse will easily fix the problem, but not the suggestion I'd like to make because, well money for the consumer is involved and I hardly think that's fair to suggest such a thing, instead, I'd rather through a genuine fix to both Rare and Microsoft as I feel console players will benefit largely.

Just do a PS4 port with cross compatibilty.

Seriously, Microsoft should let Sea of Thieves be non exclusive to Xbox consoles, let Rare bring it out on PS4, and with the sudden influx of controller using players from PS4, well I guess there would be no need for an "Opt Out" option.

And I cant stress this enough, stop suggesting that Rare allows private servers, or an opt out option to be pitted against PC players, as the PC players are a MUCH smaller community within SoT in comparison to Xbox, WE OUTNUMBER THE PC PLAYERS- Providing an "Opt out" function is pretty much ruining the game for them, not us xbox players. I play on controller, I play on KBM, always on xbox, the seas are quiet as it is, as everyone is already divided between Arena and Adventure. That 3 hour session that ended with a PC player stealing your stuff hasnt stopped you playing the game in the last 12 months, so why let it bother you now? And Devs, please stop listening us on these things, this is your game, you've designed it this way for a specific reason, and I think pandering, yes PANDERING to the people that had a one time bad time with a PC player is just going to make players just stop playing the game as a whole.

Also, not every pirate that attacks you for loot is a griefer, if thats the case then someone should REEEEEALLY ban Joe Neate from his own game...

Views
  • @bad-badger-guts Microsoft or Sony would never let it happen

• @bad-badger-guts

the only advantage they have over us, is turning 180 degree's with pinpoint precision

Not really, back when i was a kid, with my first generation Xbox, playing Halo, i frequently did that all the time... It blew my uncles mind, i crushed him in PvP. xD

I'm 27 now though, not really a console player anymore, but i do have an Xbox One X, but i only use it as a bluray player, i have a 5588 USD PC i play games on instead.

The only advantage PC players have is Loading times, and that's only with PC's using expensive SSD hardware like me, i have an SSD buffer with SSD hardrive... Complete overkill... And my loading times Still aren't instant, though they are close to it, considering how badly optimized Sea of Thieves is. xD

Your average PC player with SSD has about the same loading times as an Xbox with SSD, so this advantage isn't often in play... Not that is matters, because if your skill is better than them, you will kill them again anyway. :P

FPS is just a luxury, does not affect your gameplay in any way, it's just easier on the eyes, allowing you to play longer before your eyes need a break. :P

Just do a PS4 port with cross compatibilty.

Considering this is a microsoft exclusive, you need to speak with Microsoft about this, not Rare.
    And i doubt Microsoft is going to partner up with their actual competitors... Not unless they merge and become one company, if you could pull that off, you'd be the CEO of this new, merged, company. :P

Besides, i don't see how this will fix anything? You're just adding another console playerbase to the mix. :o

• Please just no. Literally this is one of the like 3 exclusive games xbox has.
    It also took nintendo joining forces with xbox to shame sony into crossplay. Doubt its gonna happen again like that.
    I can't believe all these posts about these lately. There is no need for an opt out. On top of that its still not a guarantee your not gonna be witb a pc player. Most of the"facts" I have heard today alone were flat out wrong as much of it probably came down to a game that still needs optimization work or lag that caused their issue. Rare has done better than most when it comes to evening the playing field for us all. So I'll urge people in this post do to do the same thing as i recommended in another post. Try it side by side for yourself if you can. Only way your gonna get the facts. If your an Xbox player find yourself a pc buddy and hook up their set up next to yours. Share some grog do some testing and see for yourself. I love this game because I get to play with friends on pc and xbox and i look forward to making more friends on the seas on both platforms. Yo ho me hearties.

• Okay I get that Microsoft have the hand in Xbox exclusivity, but 1. It's Rare's game, they have communication with Microsoft. 2. Microsoft genuinely want cross compatibility on their platform and Sony refuses- Give them Sea of Thieves as a good will? If Microsoft just bit the bullet and said "hey we're willing to give you one of our games to SELL on your storefront for you to make money, and see for yourselves how cross compatibility is good for your console" and finally, Im against the opt out option as a whole, bringing in MORE console players to the other millions of people on the Playstation is more than likely going to shut them up AND keep the PC players from being excluded from cross compatibility. Also seems like a LOT of effort to tell some kid to bring his xbox or pc to another friends home to then set it up just for a side by side?

• @sweltering-nick Its a weird logic from my head- Statistics and numbers basically, lets pretend PC playerbase isn't dropping, but isnt climbing, and lets pretend the xbox player base is dropping slowly because of crossplay with PC, or at least remaining the same. Adding an entire console playerbase is basically pitting more PC players against, well whoever happens to be on either console, the chances of xbox players being matched into servers with ps4 players would also increase by proxy- I really do reckon that it would drop many complaints, make the seas seem "fairer" to console players, Rare and Sony make money, Microsoft made an actual bridge for cross play, and the Seas are full again!

• This solves nothing. The problem is that every time some Xbox players get killed they assume it’s because the other player was on PC and therefore had a massive advantage. It doesn’t matter if the PC community is 90% or 1% it gives them this excuse.

Once Xbox only servers are out for a bit, they will either blame PC hackers for infiltrating the Xbox servers, or they will realize that many of us were on Xbox the whole time. If this happens their egos will be bruised and they will move onto another game.

Expect a sudden demand for Xbox players using SSD drives and Elite controllers to be thrown in with the PC group soon

• @omnipotence13 How synical do you have to be to just generalise an entire playerbase like that?

• @omnipotence13 Like seriously, the only kind of people who complain about PC players, are kids or young teenagers who are new to the game

• @bad-badger-guts said in I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy:

@omnipotence13 How synical do you have to be to just generalise an entire playerbase like that?

They didn't. They said "some Xbox players". If they were generalising an entire playerbase, they would have said "all Xbox players".

In response to your original post, I wouldn't like to see it on the PS4 to be honest but I do agree with all of this:

@bad-badger-guts said in I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy:

And I cant stress this enough, stop suggesting that Rare allows private servers, or an opt out option to be pitted against PC players, as the PC players are a MUCH smaller community within SoT in comparison to Xbox, WE OUTNUMBER THE PC PLAYERS- Providing an "Opt out" function is pretty much ruining the game for them, not us xbox players. I play on controller, I play on KBM, always on xbox, the seas are quiet as it is, as everyone is already divided between Arena and Adventure. That 3 hour session that ended with a PC player stealing your stuff hasnt stopped you playing the game in the last 12 months, so why let it bother you now? And Devs, please stop listening us on these things, this is your game, you've designed it this way for a specific reason, and I think pandering, yes PANDERING to the people that had a one time bad time with a PC player is just going to make players just stop playing the game as a whole.

• @bad-badger-guts dude Microsoft just doesnt have a hand in it, they own Rare. It's up to them.

• @bad-badger-guts said in I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy:

@sweltering-nick Its a weird logic from my head- Statistics and numbers basically, lets pretend PC playerbase isn't dropping, but isnt climbing, and lets pretend the xbox player base is dropping slowly because of crossplay with PC, or at least remaining the same. Adding an entire console playerbase is basically pitting more PC players against, well whoever happens to be on either console, the chances of xbox players being matched into servers with ps4 players would also increase by proxy- I really do reckon that it would drop many complaints, make the seas seem "fairer" to console players, Rare and Sony make money, Microsoft made an actual bridge for cross play, and the Seas are full again!

Except the game isn't PC vs Console. :P

It's a complete free-for-all.. You have mish-mash crews of Xbox and PC players fighting other mish-mash crews of Xbox and PC players fighting other crews of PC players fighting other crews of Xbox players all fighting eachother whilst fighting eachother.

Your logic only works if it's PC vs Console, but that isn't the case, lol.

Though personally, i don't really care how many consoles this game is available to, as long as i get to play, i'm gucci. :P

• @bad-badger-guts not sure why people care so much about letting people only play with people on the same platform, it's not like everyone will choose it let those people play against people on their level then you'll never hear complaints about cross play.

• This game uses UWP framework which does not exist/work on PS4. It would be more than a simple port if somehow Microsoft and Sony ever agreed to it, and then they'd have to deal with two different code bases for every update.

• As much as I'd love to see Rare bring SoT to as many platforms as possible I don't see MS allowing one of their first parties to bring one of the few xbox exclusives to a competing platform without reciprocation and Sony have not shown a willingness to reciprocate (nor will they as the dominant platform this gen).

We'll see how things go. No limits crossplay was a fine dream. It's a shame that people ruined it because of petty tribalism and misinformation.

• @sweltering-nick said in I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy:

@bad-badger-guts said in I know how to solve the Xbox vs PC debate, but it wont be easy:

@sweltering-nick Its a weird logic from my head- Statistics and numbers basically, lets pretend PC playerbase isn't dropping, but isnt climbing, and lets pretend the xbox player base is dropping slowly because of crossplay with PC, or at least remaining the same. Adding an entire console playerbase is basically pitting more PC players against, well whoever happens to be on either console, the chances of xbox players being matched into servers with ps4 players would also increase by proxy- I really do reckon that it would drop many complaints, make the seas seem "fairer" to console players, Rare and Sony make money, Microsoft made an actual bridge for cross play, and the Seas are full again!

Except the game isn't PC vs Console. :P

It's a complete free-for-all.. You have mish-mash crews of Xbox and PC players fighting other mish-mash crews of Xbox and PC players fighting other crews of PC players fighting other crews of Xbox players all fighting eachother whilst fighting eachother.

Your logic only works if it's PC vs Console, but that isn't the case, lol.

Though personally, i don't really care how many consoles this game is available to, as long as i get to play, i'm gucci. :P

I am Xbox and I play with PC gamers on my crew sometimes we win sometimes we lose. We do our fair share of sinking ships but I credit to team work and communication! We don't cry when we lose we think about what we did wrong and revenge!

• @letslipthedogs May your learning be prosperous, and may your revenge be cold. :3

• @sweltering-nick Dude I know it's free for all, but I'm talking about the playerbase, not the competitive nature, Im talking about opening the seas to more pirates, not PC vs Console, thats only used as a comparison for the different platforms, i should have made that clear

• @bad-badger-guts nah the easiest fix would be what me and many players have been asking for for the best part of a year is add optional cross play or at least match us with controller users and release the game on Steam so there are more pc players

• @bad-badger-guts that's not true at all and I know alot of people who complain about the cross play on this game and most people like me and my friends got a Xbox to play with console players we never asked for cross play and we don't want it and it should be optional always and not forced

• @tak225 well the game advertised itself to be crossplay so i dont know why you bought this game if you did not want crossplay and i know alot of people complain that pc can turn 180 degrees in a flash but i can almost promise you that somewhere out there are a bunch of xbox players who will turn just as fast and you'd think you've just met a pc player and i am a pc player i dont notice the difference i've gotten killed by both teams and also killed both teams what i can tell you its not fun being called bad words because im a pc player and just because people didn't do simple research of what the game brings such as crossplay and pvp its always been there changing those two elements is a risk and could seriously harm the core elements of what sea of thieves is

• @smoa-burger which is really too bad. Multiple platforms benefit everyone in the end.

I'd be likely to play it a whole lot more if I could load it on my playstation and buy a second copy to do so.

• Yeah it's kinda Bs but they need exclusives to attract people

Views
1 out of 23