Private Servers

• @delta14-pro what games can you play on console that allow you to party up with 10 people?

• @marsmayflower a few, mainly battlefeild and gta

• @muzackmann the progerssion unlock more ways to make god to buy cosmitics thats it, it doesnt really do anything else. its not like a pirate legend has a better set of weapons or a faster ship

• @delta14-pro you can't invite ten people into a game in those titles

Edit: unless you pay for a private server such as in battlefield

• @delta14-pro Ok, I'll give on the progression aspect. It feels a bit like cheating to me, but really its a bit moot in the end. However, I do feel that this was always meant to ( and should always) be a pvpve. It should be unknown whats going to come from those sails on the horizon. Hell if we just have servers with your buddies on it, it truly will be Sea of Friends and not the Sea of Thieves.

• @delta14-pro
    But when you have progression in private servers, people who play pve will move from adventure to there because it's easier. Then adventure would be more pvp focused.

• @muzackmann we would get to play any way we want to.

Arena is not what we expected or wanted. What if we have servers full of sea battles?We can have two alliances with three ships each and meet near the sea dogs tavern in glorified battle.

We can have athena voyage races to see who can complete their voyage the fastest.

Or we can play king of the hill and have 5 ships try to take any fort from another ship.
    We want duels. We want a different game play. We want to play together.

We just want to be able to play the way we already are playing but with more ease.
    I won't pay for skins or pets as they dont add anything for me. Let me pay for a private server so I can play with more creativity.

• As fun as it would be to wander around the Sea of Thieves by yourself or with a crew, the pirate experience would just be non-existant.

Part of the game is the risk of being stolen from, and steal from others. It is a pirate game after all. But I get where you are coming from!

• @sweetmonkeyone
    Yes, but private servers would be for people who like creating things such as events. But I totally agree with that for pve purposes. That's why they also shouldn't have progression/tall tales

• @sweetmonkeyone there are not enough players that play the bad guy role.
    Most do not steal. The seas used to be more threatening, but it is usually peaceful.

Just saying, regular minecraft didn't die because servers, realms, and minigames were created. Adventure mode is fun, we just want to be able to do more.

• @delta14-pro Compared to december last year, this game feels so dead with only a few solo or duo sloops around, you never see galleons anymore. The game got so popular because of summit and what happened? The devs failed to deliver on content for like 5 months. After these 5 months we get the anniversary update, arena is already dead on pc and tall tales made it so no one ever has loot on their ship. All arena and opt-out crossplay did was split the playerbase. No one was complaining untill the double gunning started getting popular and all xbox players cried out for help from rare. They then fix that and nerf the sniper to oblivion and the sword is buffed, which ends up being spammed by people on controller and yet still getting destroyed by pc players. This game was so much better in september before they ruined it with the anniversary update. Just remove opt-out and arena already. They've already made it so much easier for console players by buffing sword and nerfing the weapons that take actual skill to use.

• @capitan-pitbull said in Private Servers:

@delta14-pro Compared to december last year, this game feels so dead with only a few solo or duo sloops around, you never see galleons anymore. The game got so popular because of summit and what happened? The devs failed to deliver on content for like 5 months. After these 5 months we get the anniversary update, arena is already dead on pc and tall tales made it so no one ever has loot on their ship. All arena and opt-out crossplay did was split the playerbase. No one was complaining untill the double gunning started getting popular and all xbox players cried out for help from rare. They then fix that and nerf the sniper to oblivion and the sword is buffed, which ends up being spammed by people on controller and yet still getting destroyed by pc players. This game was so much better in september before they ruined it with the anniversary update. Just remove opt-out and arena already. They've already made it so much easier for console players by buffing sword and nerfing the weapons that take actual skill to use.

Let's not let this turn into system wars please!

• @d-jaguar said in Private Servers:

Just caught up on today's skull ball event.
    At 20 min in they discuss what it took to be able to host this event. Private servers can help further build our community.

I helped set the event up and it does take a while and handful's of us. However with hugely underpopulated servers in the first place it will kill the public game for a vast majority of players.

It would not impact me much as I play with two large and great communities anyway, but from the side of organic game growth and development it would make most servers seem like private ghost servers anyway.

Only way this would work well would be have a raw mode that takes out the progression and things like forts etc. It would allow us to set up events like Skullball or the racing but not dilute the general community servers

• @kilo3396 could we still steal things from eachother? I dont mind a server for just friends but would still love to steal things from eachother lol. It makes it more fun to play in general.l, especially when you kill eachother for the loot.

• @roguextreme01 agreed on turning off any gains in the private servers. It would be mainly to allow us to be more creative.

Loved the event! Good work on getting almost all the ships on that server. The skellie sloops visiting the island made things get a little interesting. Sadly couldn't show it to my kids as the team names weren't that clean, but the game play and strategies were fun to watch.

• @xix-zeno-xix agreed it would be fun to steal from one another especially when you know there are others on the server that may do it. It will help us to be more aware of our surroundings.

• Think it's a great idea and suggested long ago myself

• @takuboto said in Private Servers:

Let's not let this turn into system wars please!

I agree it needs to stop being about system, but unfortunately it is how a lot of the community is seeing it. I am sick of hearing players who have been bested by other players use the quote "they were pc users" or "they are pc cheaters".... no they are just players that bested you!

From that most people will assume that I am a pc user!
    I do play on pc sometimes but mainly and preferably on xbox and if there were stats on that I think you would see I probably have the similar success and kill/death ratio on both.
    I think there are some things that are slightly advantageous with keyboard and mouse but barely noticeable in game.

My advice to everyone on the seas... If you get sunk/killed by another crew take it on the chin, tip your hat and just face they got the better of you, good on them, maybe you will get them next time. Use it as a learning curve, adapt and overcome.

@capitan-pitbull mate i get what your saying and agree to an extent with arena, but it has not just effected Pc, Xbox arena times have been effected too and not just for those that have opted for Xbox only.

I have opted to play with anyone yet from what i can see its just as bad, because i will get thrown into either or pool and once in that pool of players I am removed from the other for that game session. Example i get placed in a lobby with players on pc and the lobby is half full, players who are xbox only are unlikely to end up in my lobby.

I know it is only a preference but the point i am making is the server start a lobby for xbox only crews and also has a lobby for pc crews both of which are half full, Then because it has 1 or 2 players on most ships players joining as a group of 3/4 get put in yet another lobby as they dont fit into the current lobbies. Also players are jumping out the lobby after 25 minutes to try and find a better lobby making the issue worse. I personally think that a penalty to stop people lobby jumping would help but dont think it is the full solution.

Maybe with all the random players rare could change matching system so that ships are not assigned to players until the lobby has 'X' amount of players and the match is starting. This would greatly speed up the matching process. as groups of 2/3/4 players would be slotted into lobbies easier.

• @roguextreme01 Yeah i get what you're saying, i just annoys me that people started complaining about crossplay, this is an adventure game, why do they have to make these changes because you lost a battle to someone on pc. Yeah pc is better in terms of pvp but there are loads of pc players that are only half decent at the game but instead of accepting they lost. They go to the forums and whine about being sunk by pc players because it certainly is not their own fault right? right??!! It annoys me to be completely honest.

Views
51 out of 54