Current Arena Crossplay Switch

• So I tried to join an arena match with only xbox players, but it always put me in the "all players" pool.

I know it's supposed to do this, yet maybe it shouldn't. I think people will waste more time jumping in and out of matchmaking to find an xbox only arena server.

I feel that this just needs a fix in the form of simply putting an xbox only crew into an xbox tavern; even if they're alone in that tavern. Things should progress from there as I feel people would prefer to wait in the tavern rather then being put in the all players pool.

Has anyone else found an xbox only arena server yet?

Views
    communitycompetition
  • @xxcaptmichaelxx I know that we will be wasting time waiting for an xbox group. I think there are more xbox player....but Microsoft will get upset if pc's get cut off. [mod edit]

• @xxcaptmichaelxx Well, this has been expressed multiple times on multiple crossplay threads up until this point but...

The xbox players that don't want to play with PC players are a minority... And the reason you can't find likeminded players, is probably because your region is lacking in said minority more than other regions. :S

Most Xbox players i've spoken to have said they will never turn crossplay off.

Anyways, Rare did say that this is supposed to be a soft-optional crossplay function, not a hard disable one... Implementing what you suggest, is to make it hard-disable crossplay. :S

• @violet-oddsauce false. I play Xbox and pc. I use a controller. I can use my keyboard but I am really good with my controller. I sink Xbox and pc players. I’m willing to play with any group. I have not once used a hack. Most people don’t use hacks. I have been accused of using hacks but it was by people that were upset because they weren’t good enough to kill me.

Your reply seems more like a paranoid rant. Where’d did you get your evidence? Some of the stuff your implying just isn’t right.

• @xxcaptmichaelxx
    So you'd rather wait 20 minutes for a match than play with a pc player? Man, the slight imbalances are not worth that in any way. Not all pc players even use kbm. Just be happy that Rare compromised for you guys who wanted it.

• @violet-oddsauce said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

PC players dont want to play with pc players... they all use the same hacks.

Yes of course... we all do. There's no such thing as a PC player who doesn't hack and is just simply good at the game...

• Give it a week!

Most players spent their time yesterday trying to get past a beard or even load the emporium.
    No one was playing Arena in either pool of players.
    The new content will keep players busy a little while in adventure first. Then I expect to see players go to arena

• @xxcaptmichaelxx

This just means there's not enough people choosing to opt out to put you in a game with - absolutely nothing can be done about that. The alternative would be dead empty servers...

• @sweltering-nick

I do have pc friends and fight pc people routinely, but I was just testing it out. I know that others who are fed up with the pc nonsense just wanna win sometimes.

I don't think I'll be the only one commenting on the soft crossplay switch. It's going to get on peoples nerves once more xbox players attempt to opt out.

• @needsmokes

Give it a week!

Most players spent their time yesterday trying to get past a beard or even load the emporium.

No one was playing Arena in either pool of players.

The new content will keep players busy a little while in adventure first. Then I expect to see players go to arena

Out of all the games I queued for last night, not a single one had issues of finding players. Queues were 5 ish minutes. However, I am PC, so from what you describe, it sounds like the opt out pool is too small.

• @nabberwar said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

from what you describe, it sounds like the opt out pool is too small.

That can't be right, opt-out advocates hammered the fact that gajillion of players, old and new, would flock back once the option would be available 🤔 /s

• @bloodybil
    I can't help but smug a little. For the longest time, when I expressed concerns about opt out before it was announced about player counts, I was actively dismissed. At that time PC player count was at 14% and Rare never actually stated any numbers to help curb the concerns for the longest time. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Don't mistake me, having concerns about having enough people to play with is valid, but when all my concerns were dismissed due to people thinking my only reason against opt out was for malicious reasons, I am tempted to simply dismiss theirs.

• I think it's like it is because the general public isn't aware of having to toggle the opt out feature yet.

• @violet-oddsauce Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

ALWAYS:

Be respectful. Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Treat everyone with respect. Diversity only enriches this larger-than-life pirate community of ours and makes Sea of Thieves’ world a far more interesting one to explore. When we all play, everyone wins.

NEVER:

Discriminate against anyone based on who they are. As stated previously, Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Prejudice of any kind is totally unacceptable.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @bloodybil said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

@nabberwar said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

from what you describe, it sounds like the opt out pool is too small.

That can't be right, opt-out advocates hammered the fact that gajillion of players, old and new, would flock back once the option would be available 🤔

This should be the biggest game on the internets right now, according to how many players were going to fly back into it the moment this went live.

• @nabberwar said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

@bloodybil
    I can't help but smug a little. For the longest time, when I expressed concerns about opt out before it was announced about player counts, I was actively dismissed. At that time PC player count was at 14% and Rare never actually stated any numbers to help curb the concerns for the longest time. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Don't mistake me, having concerns about having enough people to play with is valid, but when all my concerns were dismissed due to people thinking my only reason against opt out was for malicious reasons, I am tempted to simply dismiss theirs.

Yeah I understand what you mean. When talking about worries over player pool populations split over opt-out and fears about being isolated, PC players were dismissed with the old:

"Oh the population is fine and healthy (mention of Craig Duncan's tweet about the good state of the population, following the opt-out announcement meltdown), don't worry about opt-out guys, as long as there are enough PC players to fill at least 1 server, you wouldn't see the difference, right? :):):)"

Well there you go, the same can be said about the opt-out pool now. As long as there are enough players from that pool to fill a server, it won't make a difference, right?

Funny, notice also how all of a sudden "ThE gAmE iS dYnG" and now population is worrisome when the state of the game isn't pleasing some people.

Crossplay opt-out was requested, it now got implemented the way the devs thought would be best, Case closed. I don't care in the slightest if it's not implemented 1000% the way people who requested wanted it. Take what you have been graciously given, say thank you, and go play.

• All I'm saying is that the crossplay disable won't work if there's no hard switch off function. For me, I feel that if I became fed up with waiting in an xbox only server I'd just switch it to mixed manually.

I don't think a soft switchover is the right idea for this.

• @xxcaptmichaelxx
    The reason rare did a soft opt out is because they never wanted to, but people wanted it, and rare listens to feedback. It also makes the concerns about population on both sides meaningless. I think it's the best way to do it, if they must do it. I'd rather not have one, but it's here, so there's no point in asking for it to be removed.

• Played in the opt out pool for a few hours yesterday evening.
    Had no issues waiting for games to begin.
    Many happy pirates!

Adventure opt out soon please.

• @needsmokes

Really? Was it an open or closed boat?

• @blazedrake100 said in Current Arena Crossplay Switch:

@xxcaptmichaelxx
    The reason rare did a soft opt out is because they never wanted to, but people wanted it, and rare listens to feedback. It also makes the concerns about population on both sides meaningless. I think it's the best way to do it, if they must do it. I'd rather not have one, but it's here, so there's no point in asking for it to be removed.

Yup, they made the right call by making sure nobody will be isolated or will lack playmates.

They will probably look at how it goes on a bigger scale now that the option is released, and will probably apply the same option to adventure.

We can finally turn the page on this exhausting debate.

• The soft reasoning was simple, ultimately their priority is that you find a match, so you can prioritize the player style pool you want, but better to find a match, than to be stuck waiting 30 minutes for a full server of controller only players to get in. Especially since with all the new Adventure content, Arena body count is down in general. Give it time, it'll likely balance out. Also, when sloops finally get added that'll help as you'll need much less players to start a match, and will likely see an increase in Arena players as it's something new there.

Views
communitycompetition
1 out of 22