SSD for original Xbox one

• Hey there, just looking for some help with regards to buying an SSD. Would it help with the loading times drastically or would it have little effect on my original Xbox. Thinking of getting one today is all.
    Thanks for your time in advance.

Views
  • @methetron-mkii

XboxOne X myself.
    External SSD has made a great difference on the load times for me.
    From the front end, to my return from the ferry.
    It's the return from the ferry I have noticed the greatest beneficial effect, if my boat was sinking as I died, I now have a chance to save it.
    A sound investment imho.

It frees up the on board HDD, I keep only small apps on the HDD...Netflix, Youtube etc.
    All my games are on two 1TB 500GB SSD drives. Runs smoother than ever.

• @piratecraggy cheers, I mean it should improve on og xbox to, right. Mind if I ask what drive you have and paid? Ignore the paid if you wish

• @methetron-mkii

I have a previous post about my SSD's... I'll try and drag out... might take me a moment :)

• I would save your money.
    With each update, all aspects of loading SOT slows down every time. Island frame rendering worsens also.
    Save your pennies for the release of the next console later next year. You will not be needing your new SSD when that arrives.

• @methetron-mkii

From a previous post .... February 2019

My mistake BTW it's 2 500GB SSD I have...

From Amazon UK I got these recently.

SSD Hard Drive 500GB

SSD Hard Drive Enclosure

edit I also got one of these a few months back 500GB ( same enclosure bought for this one as well )

All very good. SoT load times a lot faster... so I'm a happy Pirate.
    If I had to choose one of the SSD's it would probably be the Samsung.

• @needsmokes by the end of next year I will have more pennies, I hope! This is really the only game I play. I appreciate your insight though pal

• @piratecraggy thanks very much will have a look at those. Appreciated

• @methetron-mkii

These work for me, very well. If you want to try it out you don't need to get a 500GB drive, a smaller one, a good brand, less money.
    You should notice a good difference on any XBox.

edit: I had the standard XBox One btw before I upgraded to X... the SSD worked well on this too.

• @methetron-mkii

I am playing on the Xbox one X, I have a Seagate 2Tb external drive, live in the UK and use sky fibre ultimate broadband, have it wired to my console and loading, rendering on this game is still a shambles at times.
    It would be great if there was a set time for a return from the ferry or mermaid applied as standard for everyone. Not on our hardware set ups.

• @needsmokes

I have rendering issues too, think we all do. Just the current state of the game, more so than anything.
    However the OP is questioning load times rather than rendering issues.
    We are all stuck with that one, wish it was better myself :)
    There is a difference using a external SSD from the internal HDD.

• I have a Samsung T5 500Gb. It has made a world of difference. Even on my OG Xbox one I’m in tavern in like a minute, Ferry Door to ship in around 4 seconds and Mermaid to ship around 1-2 seconds. Occasionally a second or two longer if the ship triggers an island as I’m coming back from the ferry or mermaid. Since purchase my black screen hasn’t been longer than 5-6 seconds but closer to 1-4.

• @methetron-mkii

Food for thought..... for XBox One S

• Load time is brutal - ain’t nuth’n gonna fix that.

• @glannigan that's true, my only fix for that at the moment is to start game make a cup of tea, go for a wee and boom when I come back I'm in the tavern

• @piratecraggy Just wanna say thanks for your help pal. I got one and wow, a night and day difference.
    Happy seas to you

• @methetron-mkii said in SSD for original Xbox one:

Happy seas to you

And to you matey... glad to help out.
    It's an awesome difference.

• @methetron-mkii OG xbox 1 owner and I bought an ssd just for this game and it loads just as fast as the streamers I see on pc

Views
1 out of 18