Can not hear players in game

• I play on xbox. So I am in the game, no party active and my mic does work. In party, I can hear everyone and they can hear me clearly. However, in game, I see other players, or even my own crews chat box apearing over their gamertag, however, i can not hear them, wether or not im in a party. Does anymody have a fix?

Views
  • Sorry to ask a silly question, but could it be your Xbox privacy settings? I haven’t touched them in years so I don’t know how they work now, but could there be an option preventing you from game chat?

• @kaloudz

The first step would be to check the Xbox AND game settings. Just to rule out the obvious options first.

• Game chat doesnt always work on xbox due to a bug

• @kaloudz said in Can not hear players in game:

Sorry to ask a silly question, but could it be your Xbox privacy settings? I haven’t touched them in years so I don’t know how they work now, but could there be an option preventing you from game chat?

I disabled certain features so my kids would not get messages, but it also blocked game chat. This was my issue at release, so definitely a place worth looking at is the privacy setting.

• @Kaloudz Vca-Hombre brings up a good point on game settings. Check if you enabled the push to chat button.

• this is likely a bug, we go into game chat too and none of us can hear each other so we just go back to party

• @vapor1080 thats exactly what it is we have sent in support tickets a long time ago about this

• @blatantwalk4260 sad to hear no fix then ... just like no fix on other big issues i have sent them... cough* black screen *cough

• Ive had this issue since launch and no there has never been a fix done. The only way I can hear my crew and other people on the server is to run discord on a phone and stay in game chat otherwise. I gave up sending tickets a while ago.

Views
1 out of 10