How about a sailing race?

• 'Free of pvp & pve' yet full of sailing around the world of SOT.
    Solo or with a team.
    Against the time and its world's records or other legends and their skills.
    In the spirit of 'We Shall Sail Together ... Yet Compete As Gentlemen'.

I'm looking for needles in haystack, those nerds like me who would be content with 'just' sailing - fast, setting and breaking records while competing with the other nerdy likes of them.

The idea is simple - we agree on a track and conditions, set sails and try to finish 1st before everyone else (think 'Volvo Ocean Race' and 'Vendee Globe' type of events but also 'The Cannonball Run' and 'Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies' type of movies, I think that about sums up the sentiment).

For example, as one of possibilities -

• I propose Brigantines for solo or teams
    • no gpb, cannon, harp or boarding against other racers
    • and a track I thought of as illustrated
      (sorry for the quality of this funky map couldn't find a better one but blessed be its creator because it's still the best I could find)
      [the course & rules]
      [start - Smugglers' bay]
      [1st.checkpoint - pass East shore of Galleon's Grave Outpost]
      [2nd.checkpoint - pass South East shore of Magma's Tide]
      [3rd.checkpoint - pass North shore of Ancient Spire Outpost]
      [4th.checkpoint - pass South shore of Booty Isle]
      [finish - pass through the arch of Smugglers' bay]

This particular race takes between 45-55 minutes solo depending on the wind and other conditions (kraken, storm, other players)...

So if you feel the vibe for a race hit me up, we're gonna find ourselves a server and race around the world.
    And if you're in a creative mood and got your own suggestions for a race, please put them down and share!

Views
  • @bumbumbac There is an event called the Race of Legends put on by @DreadPirateDoug. They do races all the time and you can join.

• @xcalypt0x said in How about a sailing race?:

@bumbumbac There is an event called the Race of Legends put on by @DreadPirateDoug. They do races all the time and you can join.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Views
2 out of 3