Active Skull Forts

• Hello all! I am looking for help figuring out how many waves there are at active skull forts. Previously I did not pay much attention. However, twice now I have watched a brig wait on the horizon until we beat so many. At which point they come in, sink us, and defeat it in 1 more wave. Is there a set number of waves? There must because both times were different crews and both beat it in one round.

Views
  • @kickassdogmom that's just coincidence. They have no way of knowing what round you're on, unless they are camping on the island or in a tower and using music cues to count the rounds. Or they see the cloud disappear indicating you beat it. Some forts are 10 rounds and some can be up to 15 rounds. So, 10-15 is your answer.

• Sometimes the Skull-Cloud turn his eyes to red, Idk what does that mean, or if it has something to be with... But it's a fact.

Yehaaa!!
    Spread the curse in the seaas!!

• @nukdar said in Active Skull Forts:

Sometimes the Skull-Cloud turn his eyes to red, Idk what does that mean, or if it has something to be with... But it's a fact.

Yehaaa!!

That means it's dusk or dawn and the sunset/sunrise light also effects the glowing eyes of the cloud.

@kickassdogmom said in Active Skull Forts:

Hello all! I am looking for help figuring out how many waves there are at active skull forts. Previously I did not pay much attention. However, twice now I have watched a brig wait on the horizon until we beat so many. At which point they come in, sink us, and defeat it in 1 more wave. Is there a set number of waves? There must because both times were different crews and both beat it in one round.

As far as I know there isn't a fixed number but a range for the number of waves.

As for the other crews, this is most likely coincidence and a bit of selective perception.
    On the other hand over time you get some intuition about how long it should take, to clear the fort. Also if you've done fort often enough and got used to them you can clear waves way faster than other people think. Experienced crews can take out an entire wave faster than it takes them to spawn. What one might think was just enough time for one wave could have been two or more waves.

• @crimsonraziel dijo en Active Skull Forts:

@nukdar said in Active Skull Forts:

Sometimes the Skull-Cloud turn his eyes to red, Idk what does that mean, or if it has something to be with... But it's a fact.

Yehaaa!!

That means it's dusk or dawn and the sunset/sunrise light also effects the glowing eyes of the cloud.

Really? Just that?! ... I expected that thoose were like a warning that someone was fighting the Fort, or that the wave was over, or that the fort was almost complete... But not such a thing... Thaanks for the answer, Mate!

Yehaaaa!!
    Spread the curse in the seaas!!!

• @nukdar There have been rumors about that at least as long as the game is released. Just search the forum.

Humans are the world's best pattern-recognition machines but on the downside it makes them susceptible for superstition, in other words "recognizing" patterns when there are none (false positives). Believe me, I'm an insider. I've been among real humans almost all of my adult life!

• @crimsonraziel said in Active Skull Forts:

Humans are the world's best pattern-recognition machines but on the downside it makes them susceptible for superstition, in other words "recognizing" patterns when there are none (false positives). Believe me, I'm an insider. I've been among real humans almost all of my adult life!

Yep. As the latin phrase goes: post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this, because of this)... which is a fallacy many fall into and the reason for a lot of long held beliefs. Correlation does not imply causality.

Views
1 out of 7