The Brig's chase for Reaper's Chest

• On my adventures on the seas, I've encountered many ships before, none of which as nerve-racking as this one. The Brig. The one that tried everything to get to me...

I set sail on my sloop on Galleon's Grave Outpost as I noticed a Reaper's Chest very close by. In the distance I could see a Brigantine, selling it's loot on Dagger's Tooth Outpost. I was hesitant to go for the chest at first as it was somewhere between me and the Brig, but decided to take the risk and go for it. Once I arrived, I immediately grabbed the chest and the other treasures inside the shipwreck. I found a Villainous Skull, a Ruby Mermaid Gem and a Stronghold Keg.

Once I placed everything on the sloop, I noticed that the Brig was heading straight for me. In a panic, I head back towards Galleon's Grave Outpost, but noticed that the Brig was already too close for me to sell everything, so I jumped off with the Reaper's chest while my sloop continued forward. As I sold the chest, I saw the Brig passing by, waving the Reaper's Mark. With the help of the mermaid, I head back towards my ship, now heading to the very east end of the map, in the top right corner of the Devil's Roar, with the Brig still closing in. I was trapped.

All of the sudden, a thick fog starts to form in front of me, I desperately sailed
    towards it. Eventually I made it in, with the Brig still behind. I figured I'd do a straight 180° turn, as I thought that the Brig would turn towards the south, thinking I would also go that way.

I eventually made it out. Looking behind me, I saw no one, not a single ship. Just the thick fog. I looked at my map, and saw no Reaper's Mark. I made it...

As I was heading back towards Galleon's Grave Outpost, I dared to look behind me one last time, and that's when I noticed that they didn't lose me at all, they were closer than ever before, still closing in. That's when I remembered that I still had the Stronghold Keg on my ship. I grabbed it and jumped off, letting my sloop sail lonely and abandoned. There I was, in the middle of the ocean. My sloop ahead of me, and the Brig coming straight at me. I swam towards it, set my Keg aflame and BOOM.

The Ferryman brought me back on my ship. I looked behind and saw the Brig heading a different direction, shooting a couple of
    cannonballs at me. However, they were way too far away to reach me. The Brig sailed further to the west, leaving me at ease.

Views
1 out of 1