Suggestion to Improve Gold Skeleton Encounters

• So I was recently doing the Ancient Isles Dark Relic voyage from Duke and at one part of the voyage I had to go to Plunder Valley to fight four skeleton captains (which all turned out to be gold ones.) and they were spawning near the top of the island which made it impossible to weaken them with water effectively. On top of that the waves that spawned were always the same (all melee wave, pistol wave, all blunderbuss wave, all pistol wave again.) All in all it was a pretty annoying fight waves of gold skeletons where I spent way more time than anticipated trying to complete the voyage.

My first idea is to have skeleton wave spawns always have some diversity, preferably with at least one keg skeleton per encounter. I feel this is a must for any time you go up against at least two gold skeleton waves. Not every wave mind you just like every other wave or something, and rarely for a wave with a skeleton captain.

My second idea way to change the way players attack gold skeletons. Instead of swinging your sword and having it bounce with a bit of a delay maybe you can have a combo of three or four quick swings that bounce off (like quick forceful chops that all bounce) then you have to take a breather similar to a sword lunge, but you can still move around afterwards. I feel like attacking them with sword does next to nothing and I just want it to feel more impactful and do more damage.

My third idea was to change the way gold skeletons attack and get attacked by players. I'd like all gold skeletons to attack slower, reload weapons slower, aim slower, miss moving targets more often, and eat bananas really really slow. Also gold skeletons should not be able to be knocked back or staggered by anything. I think this would make gold skeleton fights more entertaining and active (instead of slashing in one spot forever then deciding to find a gunpowder barrel to kamikazee with.)

Forth idea don't make gold skeletons spawn on top of Plunder Valley, or anywhere not near water for that matter.

Let me know what you think about these suggestions and other ways you might improve any skeleton encounters on islands or on ships.

P.S. I might just be salty because after completing the voyage I didn't even get the commendations, so I wasn't even able to buy the new stuff from Duke. On top of that my game bugged out on me halfway through my play session, but that's a topic for my SoT support ticket.

Views
    communityfeedbackgeneral
  • @monkip use a blunderbuss, there’s an ammo crate right near the skeletons so they just take a few shots each and aren’t hard to kill. Another suggestion is just bring a keg or two

• I think they need a little tweak. On some islands you can get them to follow so you can lead them to shore but on some larger islands they just won’t move. This doesn’t make them harder to deal with, just more of a chore and time consuming. If they could always be coaxed to follow at least you may be able to get them close to a river or something.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneral
2 out of 3