Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay

• @vapor1080 Nah, according to him there is no one there to do that.

• @dlchief58 rare has plenty of reason to lie about the statistics it's like propaganda make people think the game is popular people will buy it, if they saw the actual number of active users daily in this game they'd probably think twice about buying it any game isn't completely dead till everyone has left but with every failed game there is still people who hang on to it like their lives depend on it. You can call bs on the statistics just based on some of the competitions they have done on the forums, they had one saying how many people used the make friends emote in 24 hours and said it was between 19k and 20k but when that question came out the emote hadn't been working at all it actually still didn't work for me 2 days ago lol so it'd just a number some fairy pulled out.

• @fast-bike94 Did you not even read what I wrote or look at the article I referenced? Those statistics are not from Microsoft or Rare, but from an unaffiliated third party web site using actual gameplay statistics from a huge pool of gamers, with only a small number of those from the site's members (as that would skew the results with it being a site dedicated to achievement hunters).

In other words, everything you wrote is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

• @mc-leggers said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@troubled-cells said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@ghostpaw said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@schwammlgott said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@blazedrake100 I have a SSD, and the loading is faster, also the black screen is very very short, depends on what's going on around your ship, if it's a skellie ship then maybe 2-3 seconds more...
    The loading into the game for example XBox One S with SSD vs regular XBox One: both start the game at the same time, with SSD I'm in the game while without it you are in the crew-menu

Weird because many Xbox users here have declared using a SSD doesn't really improve things.

Not saying you are wrong , just taking in to account other comments.

The USB connection is a bottleneck, no point having a faster drive if the bus you are connecting it to is slower IMO.

For my Xbox,the SSD has made a huge and consistent improvement. Without it my load times are usually 30 seconds or more. With the SSD the load time is 6 seconds or less. I am wondering if some of the people with SSD know that they have to tell their Xbox to move the game to the SSD before they see a difference.

Quite possibly, such a basic oversight could have occurred, is your SSD internal or external?

Either or wouldn't matter as a data transfer is an allowance between the ssd, mainboard and the speed of the cable attached to it. You can bottleneck your own ssd if it isn't correctly put in, or is on a board that doesn't support the same transfer rates.

I'm fully aware of how transfer rates , bus speeds and bottlenecks work my friend.

In theory the SSD on USB should perform well on xbox, as it is USB 3.0, this seems in line with the responses ive had today here. I would probably expect to see around a 40% improvement give or take over a varied mix of games as far as load times are concerned.

One of the reasons I asked if it was external or internal is i remember being told the SATA interface on the OG and Slim is SATA2 but the one x is SATA3, I could be wrong there though.

Just trying to see why people on console are reporting different experiences a with SSD , I'm at the point though where i think some of those people downplaying the boost, were so in bad faith to support a narrative just to point score on a forum.

• @troubled-cells chances are they probably aren't buying good ssds either they are probably buying the offbrand ones, just to bad there isn't an open slot on the xbox to throw a m.2 ssd inside the read write speed's of those are 4 to 5 times faster than sata connected ssds

• @mc-leggers said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@mc-leggers said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@hombre said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@mc-leggers

And yet it's been brought up as evidence of SoT imminent demise sense like a month after launch.

I mean, I don't want to be dismissive about someone's concern over the game's status, but when it just keeps going and going for almost a year, you really have to work at not rolling your eyes.

Besides, maybe it's selfish, but I'd almost prefer SoT be a moderate yet steady success rather than a mega-blockbuster. Seems to preserve the developer's idea and keeps it out of the gluttonous view of the large corporations.

I'm not basing anything off what happened then, cause it had as terrible launch, the entire world knows that. 5 months ago there was alot more going on. Now there is way more content an way less going on. I can log on right now, get a reaper chest take it to a outpost without worrying about anyone even coming for it. All these new Accoms, I did them without being bothered once. Arena take so long to get going it is crazy. I believe the euro servers are doing good with people, because most of the time that's what server I get on an get action. Never american.

I think it's more a change in player attitudes to some degree.

People are more engaged with the content because the game has it now in adventure.

A lot of hardcore PvP players will most likely be on arena now.

Also I would like to point out the amount of threads that pop up here asking for a PvE mode, I think that indicates some peoples playing habits as quite a lot of them tend to go by the philosophy of either just letting you sink them passively or making you chase them for hours without firing a single shot at you.

To me it sounds like the players are most certainly there, but instead you are just not having the interactions you wish to have in adventure.

Who knows maybe a server browser would be a good call at this point if region is your perceived issue.

Arena take forever to get into, and I'm level 48 saying that. It's not doing that well either.

All we can go on though is personal experience as they wont release stats.

Personally I find I can get acceptable numbers in lobbies most of the time.

To me it appears merging being insistent on happening every game is part of the hurdle, its really inconsistent. If a lobby is happy to rematch I say let them, instead of forcing unnecessary waiting time to merge every time.

If numbers were low this would help keep a element of consistency for those that choose to.

• @fast-bike94 said in Can’t enjoy the game with crossplay:

@troubled-cells chances are they probably aren't buying good ssds either they are probably buying the offbrand ones, just to bad there isn't an open slot on the xbox to throw a m.2 ssd inside the read write speed's of those are 4 to 5 times faster than sata connected ssds

Possibly, I'm just trusting my gut so to speak from the undertones I have received at times, so forgive me for being suspicious about some of them.

You do have a more than valid point though, the lesson to learn there is if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

• Hi everyone,

As this thread has drifted from the original post I have locked it. If you would like to continue the discussion please create a new thread regarding the topic you would like to discuss.

Thanks!

Views
xbox onequestioncommunityfeedback
147 out of 148