Loot Stacking!

• Ahoy!

Is gathering loot (loot stacking) then giving it to others against the rules/cheating? I've had some concerns into if this ethical.
    I've seen a few people making alliances with people in a server to eventually get them to give their boats over to their friends so they can take over a server to stack loads and loads of loot.

alt text

Allowing them to gain enormous amounts of treasure without being bothered to eventually give it away to low-level players boosting their player levels to pirate legend.
    My point here was to ask if this was unethical or "cheating" the game seeing as there is no effort involved except for the loot stackers that give it away. So is it really exploiting? Or is it helping?

Thanks,
    Relykx

Views
  • @i-relykx-i Helping my friend you have done wrong on the contrary that was good sport to others.
    I do it with friends from time to time dressed up like santa and giving them treasure.

• @faceyourdemon thanks for that but it doesn't really answer my question.

• @i-relykx-i I did you have asked is it exploiting or helping

• @faceyourdemon "Helping my friend you have done wrong on the contrary that was good sport to others."

• that sentence doesn't make sense.
  • Helping my friend.
    that was the answer and the rest are my own addition....

• The real question remains, does it help them?

• Rank wise offcourse
    • Do they get "better" at them game? prob not...
  • @i-relykx-i said in Loot Stacking!:

Ahoy!

Is gathering loot (loot stacking) then giving it to others against the rules/cheating? I've had some concerns into if this ethical.
    I've seen a few people making alliances with people in a server to eventually get them to give their boats over to their friends so they can take over a server to stack loads and loads of loot.

alt text

Allowing them to gain enormous amounts of treasure without being bothered to eventually give it away to low-level players boosting their player levels to pirate legend.
    My point here was to ask if this was unethical or "cheating" the game seeing as there is no effort involved except for the loot stackers that give it away. So is it really exploiting? Or is it helping?

Thanks,
    Relykx

There are two different things at play

1. gathering loot and giving to randoms as you are leaving or just because you feel like it, is not an exploit or unethical

2. giving boats to friends to take over a server is against the spirit of the game and the Devs have said that they do not like it. Therefore that part is the problem not the giving of loot.

I hope that clears things up a bit

• Well this practice of giving loot to other players is here since launch and we all know how it ends... #NotMyPirateLegend

• @skulliah said in Loot Stacking!:

Well this practice of giving loot to other players is here since launch and we all know how it ends... #NotMyPirateLegend

I was just thinking of that 😂😂

• cough cough

I'm always online if you ever need to offload that loot onto a needy pirate.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/10lqVdCCc9812M/giphy.gif

But, in all seriousness maties! Good work - I love this loot stacking initiative!

• @musicmee said in Loot Stacking!:

cough cough

I'm always online if you ever need to offload that loot onto a needy pirate.

Never saw you sailing, otherwise me and @CallMeBackdrafT for sure gave some gifts for our amazing Moderator :)

• @nessiroj well of course, @Musicmee has always been such a positive influence on the forums and the community that he can take our whole booty, i mean what else are we gonna do with that 100k plus gold worth of loot ?

Stack our millions up even more ? We can afford to share.

• A bit of what you said caught my eye...

@i-relykx-i said in Loot Stacking!:

I've seen a few people making alliances with people in a server to eventually get them to give their boats over to their friends so they can take over a server....

Appalling! If anyone had ever asked me to surrender MY ship to their friends... MY SHIP WHAT?!?! Without hesitation I would murder them first thing off, then sink them and I would keep coming back at them in every way possible and sinking them so long until they'd leave MY SERVER!

If anyone playing with me on the same server thinks that world belongs to them they are deeply mistaken and we're going to have an argument to settle. \o/

• now i want to do this with my friends but with a little of pvp in to the mix!

• Of course it's not cheating. You earned the loot. You decide what you want to do with it.

Cash it in
    Hide it
    Throw it in the Red Sea
    Give it away
    Use it as bait for a trap
    Buy some other crew's ship and invite some more friends to the server
    ...etc.

Whatever you want.

Gold is useless to me now. So I usually just give it away to nice people.

• I think you all missed the point until.
    @I-Relykx-I asked if it is some sort of exploit to give loot to players to to take over (buy) the ship to create a full Alliance Server.
    I know a community who practice this all day and since Alliances are a thing.
    The try to take over the whole server as an alliance server and then farm it endlessly without any threat of pvp.
    New players can become PL and A10 very quick this way.

Afaik Rare doesnt like it, but is tolerating it.

To me it is not worth to discuss, i dont care tbh.
    Everyone to it's own.
    I tried it in the beginning and played twice on Alliance Servers and to me it's boring like hell to have no other player threats around.

I dont thibk it is an exploit.
    People use the tools they have to get what they want and dont do anything illegal or hacken etc.

People also login simultaneously and check if they are on same servers to get a premade Alliance of two ships until they hit the same server.

• @musicmee me 2 my friend

• @i-relykx-i i don't think so but it could be as i said idk

• I like to PVP in adventure mode and do Skelly Ships and Skull Forts and stuff just to kill the time in between victims.

I enjoy ordaining my Pirate ship in loot to make it look cool. Like the glowing skulls on the bow and rear and stuff like that. (Before collapsing Masts you could put them everywhere and it was super awesome).

I also don’t like to sell the stuff cause if I do kill someone I want them to know it was a ship covered in loot (to encourage them to get a new boat and hunt me down).

Or if they sink me and yes I get sunk more then I’d like to admit I want them to get a killer reward for engaging in PVP!

Plus the scene of a Galleon covered in glowing skulls chasing you down at night. Win or lose I know I’m providing a wonderful experience to another player and creating my own content!

• @i-relykx-i not cheating.

Server buyouts happen all the time. That is how the community plays minigames with one another. We are able to race, have dueling tournaments, and other wacky events because of it.

Gold is worthless for most of us now.
    Rep is worthless too, but it makes new players get excited.
    Drop an athena to salty sailors and they don't get too excited. Go on open crew and put it on the table for new players... it's just different.

Is it cheating for experienced sailors to join new sailors on open crews and level them up that way? I remember, a year ago, searching for the x for hours. Now most of us learned to read the map which saves alot of voyage time for new sailors as we find th x right away.
    Just my thoughts on the issue.

• @i-relykx-i giving away loot is fine, buying ships with it is fine if you are able to make a deal and having a friend join you while you sell is all good. The game provides the tools, it is up to you what to do with it.

I personally dislike alliance servers, as they are boring to me and for me disrupts the idea behind alliances and the balance on the seas. Then again I like the uncertainty of the sails on the horizon and the meetings with new crews be it friendly or not.

Additionally as a level 10 Athena Legend I advise people to take their time and play for enjoyment and focus on becoming better pirates. The treasure will come and eventually will have little meaning for you, enjoy the moments that a captains chest seems significant before you hit the wall of done that, seen that and have more spoils than I know what to do with.

Being a pirate legend is not based on a title or the clothes one wears, it is how you can handle yourself on the seas and presence that you have as a person.

I have given away treasure and even sneaked treasure on board enemies ships, when they are clearly being clueless of my presence and with a low level voyage on their table. ... like I said at some point you just don't really care anymore about treasure.

Views
13 out of 22