black cloud wrecker help

• I need help farming black cloud wreckers and i know that you have to get them in the storm but what im wondering is there any strats out there that would make this less of a pain or do I have to bight the bullet and sit at a ship wreck all day just waiting for a storm.

Views
  • @o2thehunter2o if I'm not mistaken you don't actually have to be in a storm to catch one, although it does increase the likelihood. Might just have to bite the bullet and be patient. Luckily if you see a shipwreck near a storm, which isn't uncommon, you probably have a solid chance of getting hit by the storm if you just park there.

• Yeah, you do need to be in a storm at a shipwreck to catch them. Once you hear your bell start ringing, cast away. What I did to get mine completed is just sail around somewhat near the storm and scope for shipwrecks. If you see one, just go to it and wait and hopefully the storm goes over it. If not, rinse and repeat. It's not that the wreckers are rare since once you have the right conditions, they are plentyful. But yeah, kind of have to bite the bullet as the hard part is finding a shipwreck that is near a storm and that storm to actually come over you.

• @hailsux Is there a way to avoid being struck by lightening because I feel like every time I try to fish in a storm I get struck and lose my fish.

• @xcalypt0x Haha....nope. I seem to get hit only when I have a trophy on the line too but that is just bad luck. Just need to catch as many as you can while the storm is around and take the good with the bad.

• I've noticed when a storm hits the edge of the map (especially the corners), it tends to reverse direction and follow the exact path it used to get there. Find a shipwreck near the edges of the map with a storm headed toward it and you could potentially double (or more) the window to fish for BC wreckers.

• @o2thehunter2o Everyone's tips are great! I will just add that always check the actual shipwrecks for fish. I have gotten three of the rarest fish out there by finding them in barrels in shipwrecks.

• @o2thehunter2o You’ll also want to maximise the total amount you can possibly catch from one shipwreck - a Galleon of 4 can catch so many more than a Sloop of 2 in that window

• Fishing in wrecks in the center of the map, or the ancient isles is the best location.

Using earthworms in these locations means you have 0 chance of catching other fish. (Other then splashtails/islehoppers)

Views
8 out of 10