Is this a bug or did I something wrong?

• Probably both.
    possible bug

Views
  • hmmm seems you don't have a ranking o.0 your our new legend? :P

• @crimsonraziel
    I would raise a support ticket and let them know. You can't add the title yourself. A screenshot of your 'Days at Sea' would help them too, located on your account page.

• maybe you are over the limit. This is the godlike rank :)

• @scallywagmango I was still a marauder yesterday. I think this is more of a displaying issue.

My profile says 485 at the sea which is the upper boundary for marauders, maybe that's got something to do with it.

Side note, I like this (assumed) bug. I don't sport any title ingame, I don't need one here. It fits. :3

@goedecke-michel said in Is this a bug or did I something wrong?:

maybe you are over the limit. This is the godlike rank :)

To good to be true. :D

• @crimsonraziel
    I'm just saying if it was showing before and isn't now, maybe support can help. Your title implied you wanted help.

• @scallywagmango No, I just wanted to point out a possible bug but I'm incapable of getting straight to the point. I'm pretty sure this isn't an issue tied to my account.

• @nessiroj said in Is this a bug or did I something wrong?:

hmmm seems you don't have a ranking o.0 your our new legend? :P

I'm not even a cast away, I'm just nobody.

At this point I made a mediocre joke related to Sergio Leone & Terence Hill but I guess this is more of a Western Europe thing.

• i noticed they added several usergroups.

I guess your 485 days at sea is between 2 titles and thus showing none (or they forgot to set 1 group active lol).

Seems legend is a group rank, wonders how many days at sea that is

If i see it right, i presume you whould get the Master rank next

• @nessiroj That's still a long way to legend :D

@takuboto said in Introducing our new Forum Ranking system 'Days at Sea'!:

Castaway / 0-7 days
    Sailor / 8-14 days
    Rogue / 15-30 days
    Seafearer / 31-90 days
    Ship Mate / 91-219 days
    Marauder / 220-485 days
    Master / 486-728 days
    Captain / 729-1019 days
    Commander / 1020-1325 days
    Lord / 1326-1657 days
    Legend / 1658-1988 days

• ah i missed that list. Guess they made a typo with atleast the marauder then (484 instead of 485). Maybe they did that with more ranks....

782 DAYS AT SEA, i'm almost halfway to legend! go me! yarrr!

So 1658/365 makes about 4.5 years on the forums.

EDIT: wonders whats after legend since it stops at 1988 it seems?
    EDIT2: Why didn't it stop @ 1982, atleast i could say it whould stop on my Year of Birth :P :(

• @crimsonraziel have you tried to logout and login again?
    Clear you browser?

• @nunoazuldimeter Do I have a title in your browser?

• It's not a mistake @Crimsonraziel his side, none sees his title. It will prob be fixed by itself tomorrow when hes in range of the new rank :)

• @crimsonraziel You could try clearing your cache, as this has been known to affect forum user badges.

• Again why whould he need to do that if none can see it? His cache is only for him to show or not show it not for others >.<

• @crimsonraziel
    You are the second person that doesn't have a title and i would like to know how you do that. i want to get rid of that title without one regret. In Rare's Pirate Code it states that " every crewmember is equal" so why would i need a title...There was once a time ,long ago , that no one had a title ...That...was aquality , now it's a circus full of Titles...Ever tried to open the " Groups " button? i get dizzy by so much titles and elitism...

• @clumsy-george I believe it was added after the community requested it (so ppl could see if one was new to the forums and possible "scale" down the reaction to that post/topic).

The title in itself doesn't really say much, it more how many days your registrated on the forums nothing more. The info was already visable by clicking on someones name.

• @nessiroj i have no problem with that , but i would like it as an option so i can be as free as a real Pirate and switch it off or on ... Forcing a title feels wrong.

• @clumsy-george fair enough, i can understand both sides on that matter :)

• @crimsonraziel
    I just looked at you profile and you don't belong to any of those "Days at Sea" groups... So it's not a problem with the forum not showing your title, but maybe a bug with the mechanic.

• @nunoazuldimeter sagte in Is this a bug or did I something wrong?:

@crimsonraziel
    I just looked at you profile and you don't belong to any of those "Days at Sea" groups... So it's not a problem with the forum not showing your title, but maybe a bug with the mechanic.

No I do, 485 is the final day of being a marauder. That's the group I belong to, at least according to the post I quoted earlier. At heart I'm a Bilge Rat since the very first day.

Yes, my guess is a bug related to excluding/including range boundaries. Depending on programming language this might be just a single dot in the source code.

• @crimsonraziel
    You have no title on mine.
    Are you a wizard?

• @nwo-azcrack Yep, I can make my title vanish and your money too!

• @crimsonraziel I saw others like you. Ghosts!

• Now it's back :(

• hahaha, now we for sure know they made typo's between the ranks. Soon we all have a day "at port" :P

• @nessiroj yep mine is gone now.

@Crimsonraziel i/we figured it out if you are at the highest number for your current rank (the last day) the title is removed and the next day your new title pops up. Case and point my current title missing.

• @CallMeBackdrafT nooooooooooooooo i refuse to give you the captain title, i'm your captain!

Ow wait your nothing today he? hmmmmmm let's have some fun on the seas tonight you nothing! ;-)

• Your honor! I present exhibit B @CallMeBackdrafT and rest my case.

• @crimsonraziel said in Is this a bug or did I something wrong?:

Your honor! I present exhibit B @CallMeBackdrafT and rest my case.

ThErEs No HoNoR aMoNg ThIeVeS?!?!

Views
1 out of 31