Pry Bar For Removing Wooden Planks

• Ahoy there! Many people have mentioned the prior, but I haven't seen it recently so I thought we could revisit the idea.

A new tool for the pirate's ARsenal in the form of a pry bar would be rather handy. I know there is a strategic play to causing damage and boarding a ship to prevent patching, but imagine the opportunity to snear onto a ship and pry off a few boards that are already there! New sneaky shenanigans abound! Even killing a pirate who completed patching and removing the hard work of his last breaths. Or taking off a plank from your mid-deck to patch a hole at the bottom if supplies run low. So many possibilities (so long as theyou are related to plank removal)!

This would need at least two characteristics to be balanced:

1. A loud SNAP to alert nearby crew a plank has been removed.
    2. A similar (or greater) time requirement to remove a plank as to put one in place.

What think ye, salty dogs of the sea!?

Views
    just for funfeedbackgeneral
  • It punishes crews for not sinking, it encourages crews to scuttle regularly, and it allows a ship to be sunk without anyone having the ability to notice.

• @wilbymagicbear
    I was gonna mention a boarding ax to the OP, but now u have me thinkin i was wrong for wanting one.

Thanks for ruining my hopes and dreams 😕

• I think this could work, on the account of using the shipwright to get rid of those pesky holes for a fee (let's say 10k). The sound the crowbar makes should be slightly louder than when a board breaks when struck by lightning. It should also make a small creaking sound as it is being pried. This allows both parties to be careful. The boarder has to pry the boards off when no one is aboard/not paying attention, and the crew has to be more aware of their surroundings. I've played with many Open Crews that don't pay attention, so this might wake them up a bit!

• I actually like this idea. It definitely would allow you to add new tactics and I don’t think it would be to op. There would definitely have to be distinctive loud noises to alert players. But with the ability to remove a plank and replace it somewhere else could really be important also.

• I think that that was a weapons concept and it was called the boarding axe wich I think would need a lot of testing but I think it would be good

• Solo sinking would be soooo nice. Raise sails idle past. Jump up kill them and let the holes poor in.

Views
just for funfeedbackgeneral
6 out of 7