Commendations to teach or aid improvement in the game.

• This could be part of the tutorial as well.

My idea is to have people complete commendations that require to do basic ship work such as repairs, sail raising/angling, cannon firing/loading, anchor raising/dropping. I think it would be very helpful for new pirates hoping into the game. I constantly keep hearing newer players complaining that they have no idea what they're doing and although I was able to help a few I was wondering if they're were any potential players that got turned off by the lack of knowledge on what to do.

Simple idea that could help a lot of new or unskilled players.

Thoughts?

Views
    communityfeedbackevents
  • @capt-soul-beard Yeah I agree with all you said. I'm still a newb cuz I've bought the game only 3 months ago, but the tutorial it's almost useless, it just teach how to dress up, that is the most useless part of the game, should be hard reworked tbh.
    Like, make 10 mission with each of those teaching you something different, starting to something like ''Repair your ship while having 5 hole at a time'' to ''Hit a moving ship from 50meter'' to full cover the general aspect of the game, making the one who complete these, at least decent to the game

• @cavaliereneroit Thanks for the reply, I agree on the tutorial reworking because although it teaches how to sell a chest, people still ask where do I take this treasure literally right after the first voyage. I hope they can create a tutorial which let's people improve their skills. I like your target idea as well for the cannons.

• @capt-soul-beard said in Commendations to teach or aid improvement in the game.:

This could be part of the tutorial as well.

My idea is to have people complete commendations that require to do basic ship work such as repairs, sail raising/angling, cannon firing/loading, anchor raising/dropping. I think it would be very helpful for new pirates hoping into the game. I constantly keep hearing newer players complaining that they have no idea what they're doing and although I was able to help a few I was wondering if they're were any potential players that got turned off by the lack of knowledge on what to do.

Simple idea that could help a lot of new or unskilled players.

Thoughts?

@cavaliereneroit said in Commendations to teach or aid improvement in the game.:

@capt-soul-beard Yeah I agree with all you said. I'm still a newb cuz I've bought the game only 3 months ago, but the tutorial it's almost useless, it just teach how to dress up, that is the most useless part of the game, should be hard reworked tbh.
    Like, make 10 mission with each of those teaching you something different, starting to something like ''Repair your ship while having 5 hole at a time'' to ''Hit a moving ship from 50meter'' to full cover the general aspect of the game, making the one who complete these, at least decent to the game

This is a big nope for me. This game is all about discovering how things work, discovering islands, the seas, etc. Tutorials etc ruin that experience.

Yeah you might sink the first time when you get a hole in the ship, so what? You learn from that, and become better. And so on you learn more and more about the game.

Views
communityfeedbackevents
1 out of 4