I'm thinking about getting a tattoo.

• This would be my first tattoo, and I'd like it to be of a shark. I'm thinking of having it done on my upper arm/shoulder, or the left part of my chest. I did a google search, some pictures were inappropriate, but here are some I like -
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    Do any of you have any tattoos of sea creatures? I know octopuses and squids, make for a really nice tattoo as well.

Views
  • I don't have any maritime/ocean related tats but I do have some.
    All I can offer is, make sure it is what you want before doing it.
    Go to a good artist, it will be expensive, but worth every penny. Look at their work, ask questions, and get a drawing. They have seen and heard everything and the good ones will talk and answer questions.
    Buy some temporary tattoo paper you can print on you computer printer and wear it for a few days and judge position/style/comfort.
    If you are happy with it, go for it and enjoy!

• @butterybarnacls said in I'm thinking about getting a tattoo.:

I don't have any maritime/ocean related tats but I do have some.
    All I can offer is, make sure it is what you want before doing it.
    Go to a good artist, it will be expensive, but worth every penny. Look at their work, ask questions, and get a drawing. They have seen and heard everything and the good ones will talk and answer questions.
    Buy some temporary tattoo paper you can print on you computer printer and wear it for a few days and judge position/style/comfort.
    If you are happy with it, go for it and enjoy!

Spot on sir!

Also,

Bring someone you trust to look at placement when you decide what you are going to get. Your perspective in a mirror will be wayyy different than someone standing back looking at it. Also, don’t be afraid to talk to your artist if it doesn’t look right to you and never feel like you can’t walk out of a shop if something doesn’t feel right.

• Seems these days NOT having a tattoo is more unique than any Tattoo you can get 😉

• Have you considered getting the Shrouded Ghost?

• @chilledcola Very cool. My favorite of the bunch is second from the bottom. Make sure when you pick your final design you sleep on it to make sure it truly is the one. Be sure to post pictures once its done. Love to see how it turns out.

• If I were to get a Sea themed tattoo it would be like a Kraken on my Wooter/nutz combo.

Views
6 out of 7