Add secret unannounced Legendary fish

• I'd like to make the request to add secret legendary fish that have an ultra low spawn rate and are not described anywhere in the game. Rare should include these fish without letting people know and have no way for players to know they've been added.

These fish would have very difficult fishing minigame mechanics and require the player to have earned an upgraded rod.

These fish also would not be capable of being eaten nor cooked and would act as perishable goods that the player would have to deliver to the hunter's call similar to how flowers wilt over time when not watered. They'd have to be stored on the ship and would flop around. If the ship had water in the lower hull the fish would swim around and would not die from suffocating, but would require the player to chase it down to pick it back up. The fish would have 3 categories of quality. Rotten, Dead, Alive. Alive would award the player a MASSIVE chunk of xp and gold. Dead would grant a slightly smaller sized amount. Rotten would barely grant any at all. The fish would immediately fill your hands upon reeling it in all the way and it would cause the player to struggle with the fish while walking making the player walk slower until the fish died. Once dead the fish would just be cargo. Dead fish will rot regardless of if it's submerged or not. Live fish will never rot, but may starve if the player takes too long to deliver the fish. The time a fish can be out of water is relative to the time a player can be underwater.

Views
    xbox onefeedback
  • @wydyadoit said in Add secret unannounced Legendary fish:

I'd like to make the request to add secret legendary fish that have an ultra low spawn rate and are not described anywhere in the game. Rare should include these fish without letting people know and have no way for players to know they've been added.

These fish would have very difficult fishing minigame mechanics and require the player to have earned an upgraded rod.

These fish also would not be capable of being eaten nor cooked and would act as perishable goods that the player would have to deliver to the hunter's call similar to how flowers wilt over time when not watered. They'd have to be stored on the ship and would flop around. If the ship had water in the lower hull the fish would swim around and would not die from suffocating, but would require the player to chase it down to pick it back up. The fish would have 3 categories of quality. Rotten, Dead, Alive. Alive would award the player a MASSIVE chunk of xp and gold. Dead would grant a slightly smaller sized amount. Rotten would barely grant any at all. The fish would immediately fill your hands upon reeling it in all the way and it would cause the player to struggle with the fish while walking making the player walk slower until the fish died. Once dead the fish would just be cargo. Dead fish will rot regardless of if it's submerged or not. Live fish will never rot, but may starve if the player takes too long to deliver the fish. The time a fish can be out of water is relative to the time a player can be underwater.

Nope. First of there already are some legendery fish, for example the shadow storm, is worth 8K, and we only found one after release.

Secondly, this game is all about people having the same skills and possibilities. A new upgraded rod means that new players cant catch those fish, which is just stupid. This game is all about your own skills, and not skills you can get ingame.

• @mentimjojo

"upgraded rod" would mean that you've completed at least 1 of the hunter's call missions and bought a cosmetic for your rod.

and secondly this community's constant dismissal of any sort of expansion on old content is getting rather obnoxious.

• I don't see the point in the upgraded rod aspect, because with the exception of appearance, they're all the same.

The only animal that starves in SoT are pigs, so why should a fish? What would you feed it anyways?

I also think that, technically speaking, having a fish swim around belowdeck might be a rather complicated issue due to pathing problems (the same reason we don't have other animals free roam or skeletons boarding our boats).

Furthermore, all fish are worth more cooked and are presumably dead upon being caught (died of exhaustion, I guess). Why would this 1 be worth more alive? Is it supposed to be the pirate lord's exotic new pet or something?

In any case, if such a fish were to exist, my vote goes towards a lionfish kind of fish that poisons you if you're not careful and that can kill you if not cooked properly.

• @galactic-geek

Programming this would be basic.

@galactic-geek said in Add secret unannounced Legendary fish:

I don't see the point in the upgraded rod aspect, because with the exception of appearance, they're all the same.

The point is to encourage completion of the challenges and to reinforce the use of the cosmetics.

The only animal that starves in SoT are pigs, so why should a fish? What would you feed it anyways?

using that logic then there's no point to adding anything since everything already exists. Why have different types of chests? they all give gold. Why have 5 different types of fruit? they all grant health. Why have different cannonballs? they only serve to sink ships. Why have 3 types of mermaid jewels? they're basically the same thing. Why have cosmetic chests on the ship or at the store when you have the other also. Why have cosmetics? they don't do anything.

I also think that, technically speaking, having a fish swim around belowdeck might be a rather complicated issue due to pathing problems (the same reason we don't have other animals free roam or skeletons boarding our boats).

Wrong. Technically speaking it'd be very simple to code. You could do it in about 12 lines depending on your chosen language.

Furthermore, all fish are worth more cooked and are presumably dead upon being caught (died of exhaustion, I guess). Why would this 1 be worth more alive? Is it supposed to be the pirate lord's exotic new pet or something?

yes. The reason it's worth more alive is because it's the equivalent of a museum piece and would be sold to a private collector.

In any case, if such a fish were to exist, my vote goes towards a lionfish kind of fish that poisons you if you're not careful and that can kill you if not cooked properly.

k.

• If it’s secret and unannounced maybe they already have ;)

• No thanks, we already have the shrouded ghost, no need to add other "impossible to complete" commendations. It would just be as frustrating as the ghost.

Views
xbox onefeedback
6 out of 7