Arena suggestion...

• Hello Rare,

i like your game a lot, but Arena is something that cannot catch me until. I tried sometimes and it's either you have no full crew and others just dont work together or you have a full crew and its barely a challenge because you are organized and the rest is not and got steamrolled by your crew.
    I had one good Arena fight that was fun and challenging and we lost for a few points only, but this leads me to my suggestion.

Make it one island with one chests worth 10k gold or more and only 2 rival ships who are equally far away from the island with the treasure.
    And give us 1vs1 Sloop, 2vs2 Sloop, 3vs3 Brig and 4vs4 Galleone.

It's the challenging tense fights who are fun.
    That would be an Arena mode i'd like to play.
    Who is first at the island, who will make it to dig up the chest first, and are they able to deliver it???

What we have now is frustrating or not challeinging at all, becuse it's chaotic and unfocussed and therefore just not fun.

Or dont do it and i'm also fine, but not playing Arena :)

edit: Maybe 3 ships would be fun aswell, because of some uncertainty who to fight first or at all etc.
    But more Ships and treasures and it all becomes too chaotic, less focussed and just a "rush and avoid fights at best" mode.
    TBH i dont like it this way.

Views
  • ye hands down arena is super boring

• @bugaboo-bill I think that the only sad thing with the arena is that if you want to win then in most cases you wont even do PVP because the best way to win is to focus on the chests.
    Its needs to be more a battle royale and before all of the "I hate battle royale games because its cool to hate them" trend listen, not every dev is greedy and atleastit will be focused more about the core of the ARENA.
    If your ship sinks then it have like two more lives, pvp would play a bigger role but thats just an example.

• @faceyourdemon
    Yep, i also suggested a BR mode in the insider forums before Anni was live.

• why not two bases and two teams ....or like the typical domination modes would be also work in sot

• @faceyourdemon

You are totally right on the fact Arena is more a Run after the chests than a real PVP gamemode.

In the trailer, we can see some pirates fighting on an island.

Then, I would say that carrying one big chest is easier to memorize than trying to count how many chests the enemy teams have got.
    Most of the good team use to sell all their chest at the end, and it's really frustrating.

• I like your idea.

I think having only one island to find the chests each time is the best solution.
    It would increase team fights on the island and would allow strategies as traps.

Then, there would be 3 chests on the island and at least 5 differents island for 4 ships.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Arena suggestion...:

Hello Rare,

i like your game a lot, but Arena is something that cannot catch me until. I tried sometimes and it's either you have no full crew and others just dont work together or you have a full crew and its barely a challenge because you are organized and the rest is not and got steamrolled by your crew.
    I had one good Arena fight that was fun and challenging and we lost for a few points only, but this leads me to my suggestion.

Make it one island with one chests worth 10k gold or more and only 2 rival ships who are equally far away from the island with the treasure.
    And give us 1vs1 Sloop, 2vs2 Sloop, 3vs3 Brig and 4vs4 Galleone.

It's the challenging tense fights who are fun.
    That would be an Arena mode i'd like to play.
    Who is first at the island, who will make it to dig up the chest first, and are they able to deliver it???

What we have now is frustrating or not challeinging at all, becuse it's chaotic and unfocussed and therefore just not fun.

Or dont do it and i'm also fine, but not playing Arena :)

edit: Maybe 3 ships would be fun aswell, because of some uncertainty who to fight first or at all etc.
    But more Ships and treasures and it all becomes too chaotic, less focussed and just a "rush and avoid fights at best" mode.
    TBH i dont like it this way.

aye mate nice idea

Views
1 out of 8