I wasted three hours on a tall tale...

• Today, I hopped on to a brigantine and I started the Cursed Rougue Tall Tale for the third time. It took me and my two crew mates three hours to finish the tall tale and turn the skull in, when I turned briggsy’s skull in at plunder outpost the dialogue of the order of souls was started as usual, but to my dismay half way through the cutscene I was Cyanbearded. When my internet reconnected, I went into a closed crew sloop to see if the tall tale counted. It still said I had 2/5 even though I did it for the third time today. I spent three hours for nothing. Somebody please fix this.

Views
  • So, you’d like Rare to fix your internet?

If you get disconnected from anything before saving this happens.

• @dadiodude
    Think they were more upset that it didn't count simply because the RP dialog wasn't finished, after turning in the final voyage item before the disconnect.

• those things happened to me also in sot and other games,its a moment to rage;).i think the tale saves when the banner shows up

• @rip-chongy

NEVER ask a question to which you already know the answer.

• @dadiodude Did you miss the part about me turning in the skull?

• @cptpaleeyety That is exactly why. Thank you very much for understanding.

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai

No but the quest only completes (saves) after the dialogue. My point is that your internet could go down any time. Sure it’s annoying so close to completing a lengthy quest but it’s an issue with your hardware/ISP and not the developer of whichever game you’re playing.

If you’d asked for checkpoints it would have made more sense to me.

• I'd agree with adjusting the finish point on all of the tall tales. While the cut scenes are enjoyable the quest should be "completed" when you hand it in and let you watch the cutscene as a bonus.

Mostly I think this because after watching the scene the first time it just meant a small afk break.

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai try contacting support and maybe they will give you the credit. Also sonicbob on reddit recently stated that they are working on a reconnect if disconnected option.

• @starquest I tried, so far it didn’t work.

• I lost 1.5 hours in TT4 today due to an ambush. My whole crew quit in short order. Bad days happen (and to be fair, I was below deck playing Pirate Barbie), and it's always disheartening.

• @galactic-geek oh I hate when that happens, it’s sucks the life out of my crew for a few hours. Luckily we always play refreshed the next day so it’s never too big a hit.

• @weststormborn True - my crew and I are the same way, but man, it's like a vampire!

...it just kills your evening!

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai said in I wasted three hours on a tall tale...:

Today, I hopped on to a brigantine and I started the Cursed Rougue Tall Tale for the third time. It took me and my two crew mates three hours to finish the tall tale and turn the skull in, when I turned briggsy’s skull in at plunder outpost the dialogue of the order of souls was started as usual, but to my dismay half way through the cutscene I was Cyanbearded. When my internet reconnected, I went into a closed crew sloop to see if the tall tale counted. It still said I had 2/5 even though I did it for the third time today. I spent three hours for nothing. Somebody please fix this.

This is why tall tales need checkpoints. When you log off or fail, a book appears in your voyage inventory. This will start you off at the last checkpoint, and won't come back after you complete the tale

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai Three hours?!?!?!?!?!!?

• I agree with @Captain-Coel on this one, not just because of disconnects. Those aren't on Rare 99% of the time. They are on you/ your ISP.

When I'm doing tall tales and finish one I don't want to have to wait for the full dialog to log off.

But seriously @Cptn-AyeAye-Rai check your internet connection, if I'm reading between the lines correctly you have internet problems more often. (and please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm clearly making assumptions so don't feel offended)
    Next time you do this Tall tale it will take a lot less time to complete it and you'll be done within the hour I promise, one of the great things about rerunning tall tales is that you learn how they work and you're able to complete them faster because of it.

• @hynieth Since I prefer not to do tall tales solo, the hour thing is an issue somewhat because briggsy is tougher depending on ship size and I doubt I can kill Briggsy in my own.

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai briggsy with sloop difficulty is like 20 to 30min even less using cannons

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai It's just personal prefference but I did all of them with my usual galleon crew first, then did them mostly with my crew a couple of other times (as happens naturally when people in the usual crew get replaced and everyone needs to do that one tall tale they are on).

After a while I started filling out my to do list with solo rns and completed them that way. Solo is so much easier, I hope Rare fixes this a bit as it's sometimes annoyingly hard to kill a skeleton lord with a group as opposed to solo.
    Solo skeleton lords are not much harder then Athena's skeleton captains.

• 3 hours seems a little long for a tale. I’ve completed the tales 100% and I don’t think any tool that long. I mean it is possible if u get side tracked or chased. But it sounds like an internet issue. If you disconnect from any server on any game you will probably lose progress if you don’t finish. The completion comes after dialogue. I remember one time my brother threw a ps2 controller at the tv after it froze during Spider-Man before he could save. 5 hours lost.

• @weststormborn less with 2 guys and a sword lol all about strategy

• @dadiodude said in I wasted three hours on a tall tale...:

@rip-chongy

NEVER ask a question to which you already know the answer.

Objection: This is bad advice.
    For example in court these are the only questions which you should ask at all!

• @weststormborn said in I wasted three hours on a tall tale...:

@cptn-ayeaye-rai briggsy with sloop difficulty is like 20 to 30min even less using cannons

Did they buff her? It's quite some time since I finished the Tall Tales, but back then all the bosses where like 5 min for sloop crews.

• @cptn-ayeaye-rai Have another look at your commendations. They usually do not update when you first take a peek on a completion, but if you go out then go back into it it seems to have been magically updated.

• Somtimes you just eat lemons unfortunately, I myself had to do the shores of gold 6x because one of the times I did it, we was on a brig, we spent an hour alone fighting the goldhoarder, eventually killed him but the pirate Lord didn't appear and my two crewmates spawned back on the ship,I brought the skull up and sold it but alas it never counted so I feel your pain, on a positive though atleast you'll do it faster next time knowing how it's done 😂

• it's all a waste of time.

Views
1 out of 27