A tale of the crew who sank and rage quit

• Gather round ye young sea dogs as I have a tale for you.

I joined a looking for group for skull forts, it was a bunch on noobs and i didnt have a mic on, but our luck was in. A skull fort popped up as we were stocking up the ship. Great! We set sail . We arrive and the crew miss the fact a two man sloop is parked up until I start hitting it with cannon fire. The sloop and one crew man is quickly taken care of, but the other one is still alive somewhere. Im searching the fort when I hear one of my crew call out "hey dont bring that barrel on yet" when I left 3 crew on the ship, the noobs think this is me...so all 3 of my crew died in the explosion that also took out the last crew man from the 2 man sloop. After a quick repair and bail we have the fort to ourselves. We beat the fort and while loading up i hear a cannon shot. The crew at this point is sailing the ship around for quicker loading with the stronghold chest and barrel already onboard..........BOOM! our ship goes down. With no mic my crew doest know Im alive..guarding the loot. They all rage quit. I make the gamble to hitch a ride with the mermaid to my ship. I forgot it was a closed crew...so I man a gallon on my own, back to the fort as luck would have it ...I spawned near too. I get there .....and there it is ..the little sneak of a sloop. I load up on cannon balls and hit again and again and again. I lock my ships wheel to get one final cannon shot line up to cannon over to finish the job. They are not there.. Their ship in open water off the fort is about to sink...So I cannon back to my ship , get on board just to hear the fuse on a barrel. I survive the explosion and patch up. I then hear that sound.....the sound of someone boarding. After a fight I lose twice... I respawn to my ship...about to crash into one of the watchtowers. I drop anchor and spin around to die at the hands of a sloop man. I respawn and start searching the ship. I get to the front and there he is in the water..with a barrel (again). I shoot and miss......reload and shoot again...BOOM! down he goes, again with no ship to respawn on the sloop crew have lost the fight again. At this point I was thinking its strange not having any crew spawn in....its been a while. I check the crew settings and see my mistake. I was focused on the loot i forgot to open the crew. I change settings and start repairs, fix a sail here...load the best "remaining" strong hold loot and my new crew start loading in. We patch our boat up, and load up the loot....without ever seeing that sloop. So remember you young pups the fight aint over till the loot is sold or sinks

TLDR
    : didnt keep an eye out of other crews
    : got hit with a few barrels
    : dont rage quit
    : check your settings
    : The fight aint over till the loot is sold or sinks.

Views
  • I quit last night after just getting the key to a Fort delivered to us by a French Supermodel (so we imagine) But my girl was in the other room telling me I was on a promise.

So I got to sow my oats but I also missed out on a yellow meg which I needed.

Pirate life is full of sacrifices.

• 99% of the time I rage quit it’s not about getting sunk or even a bad crew....it’s because 1 or more of my crew don’t have a mic!

Views
1 out of 3