Smugglers Runs - What happens if you dont complete them?

• I dont mind spending Doubloons but what happens if you are midway through one and you have to exit game do you lose the run?

Views
  • @kobra4killz Yes... As it is with any voyage in the game.

• @entspeak Well then I wont bother with them ill save my Doubloons for the shop coming I guess.

• @kobra4killz Why? Completing a single reaper run gives 25 dubloons, that's a 15 dubloon profit, if you and 3 friends each buy some of the voyages you'll get a nice profit.

If I'm correct you get:
    10 doobles for the normal runs
    25 for the raper ones
    50 for doing each reaper run 3 times.

That's 170 doobles,

A normal run costs 5 and a reaper run costs 10, that's 6 reaper runs and 3 normals= 75
    Divided by 4 players is:
    20 doobles spent per player and one lucky player only spending 15

That's a profit of 160 doobles!
    So saving your doobles for a shop that's going to feature real money transactions? Sounds usefull.

• @hynieth I think it's 50 doubloons for completing three reaper's instead of 25.

• @testakleze Thnx, I've edited it. :-)

• @hynieth
    Time issues. The smugglers runs don't seem bad time wise at least.

• @blazedrake100 The Reaper runs take 20 minutes to complete without resistance and without looking for extra barrels. (This did us in timewise) I must say that the reaper runs don't take longer then any other voyage. It's not like the Athena's fortune missions where you often spend hours on it (with digging up all treasure looking for shipwrecks etc).

• @kobra4killz the reaper run voyages take 20-30 minutes to complete.. that’s solo..

• @hynieth
    Few. The old ones took a couple of hours

• @blazedrake100 Yeah I agree those were aweful (the reaper runs that is).
    We eventually settled on the tactic of having one person be on island B with a roboat. Go to island A. Ding 3 treasures, have person 2 solve riddle for island B, Ding chests for step 3 while person 2 rows to island C to solve riddle 2, then the rest would ding treasures for step 4 and repeat the voyage. It was boring and grindy.

This voyage is better. A lot better.

• @hynieth
    That's good. I still miss the old bilge rats though. I guess I'll try it when I get on next

• @blazedrake100 I miss those too. But I can understand what Rare is doing.
    The old bilge rat adventures were there to introduce new features. If Rare doesn't have new features to introduce but still wants to have something new to do for people this is a good alternative.

That's why I'm hoping for someething special with dark Relics, it sounds like nothing we have right now.
    (I'm betting on it being either new tall tales or a new feature like the old bilgerat adventures).

• I get the run is one use only but are they like an X map where you get one chance to dig something up and turn it in? In other words, if you get sunk and loose your cargo is the run over because you cannot recover the items again or can you just go back to the forts and pick stuff up again without rebuying the run?.

• @hynieth said in Smugglers Runs - What happens if you dont complete them?:

@kobra4killz Why? Completing a single reaper run gives 25 dubloons, that's a 15 dubloon profit, if you and 3 friends each buy some of the voyages you'll get a nice profit.

If I'm correct you get:
    10 doobles for the normal runs
    25 for the raper ones
    50 for doing each reaper run 3 times.

That's 170 doobles,

A normal run costs 5 and a reaper run costs 10, that's 6 reaper runs and 3 normals= 75
    Divided by 4 players is:
    20 doobles spent per player and one lucky player only spending 15

That's a profit of 160 doobles!
    So saving your doobles for a shop that's going to feature real money transactions? Sounds usefull.

I thought there were 3 normal runs? One for each sea? So 30 total for those. 2 reapers, so 50 for those. Two reapers 3x would be 100. Would that not add to 180?

• @xcalypt0x There is an Athena run too, which is the DR.

• @rowdy-reid oh wow. Do you know how many doubloons you get? Probably a 200+ gross doubloon reward then.

• Why do you think doubloons will be used in the shop (emporium)? If its a microtransaction shop, as most people assume it will be, there is no way it will use Doubloons as currency.

• @xcalypt0x I don't recall how many doubloons are rewarded for the DR run.

• Correct.

• @kobra4killz the doubloons will nit be used in the emporium, emporium will be a real world cash shop for pets and stuff saving doubloons for that wont do you any good.

Also buying the voyages and completing them (which can be done fearly quick will be profitable doubloon wise, this complete event will give you 300 doubloons.

Also doing the voyages will unlock the special limited time cosmetics at dukes shop

• @kobra4killz said in Smugglers Runs - What happens if you dont complete them?:

@entspeak Well then I wont bother with them ill save my Doubloons for the shop coming I guess.

Who said the shop will take doubloons?
    Source: ____

• @mr-dragon-raaar would be a way, i mean i have 1022 doubloons and still need a few of the new blackpowder stashes comms so they will only keep going up and up and up

Views
22 out of 23