All the Mercenary and Reapers Runs are concerning

• Regarding the mercenary voyages - both smuggler and reaper runs, I'm curious as to why they're limited at all. Why not have them available all of the time? Some of them in the past offered a lot of high-level loot for gold, but that could easily be rebalanced, and besides, you're still paying for it with doubloons to do them - and not without risk.

Having them available all of the time on a more permanent basis grows the Bilge Rats, allows for commendations to not be temporarily available (still mad that Rare backtracked on their "commendations always being available" promise), and allows for newer players to try something slightly different and spend their doubloons on, while providing PvP-minded players a predictable opportunity to attack them if they recognize what the newer crew is up to.

• @galactic-geek
    Yeah, one of the reasons I hate mercenary voyages so much is that the commendations are time limited too. It's even worse than for skelly thrones, because at least for those completionists could do them. I guess Rare wants to hide that they're just recycling content for the voyages

• @nagthenaggy That's very true my friend, I feel the same way about these Voyage Runs. As you mentioned, its the one thing that so many players disliked. Also, its been some time since the last update and this doesn't really fill the hole after you finish all the Tales and Bilge Rat Adventures, some kind of new mechanism could be added into the game, or at least there should be far more comsetics worth grinding. Don't get me wrong I'm still in love with this game as I was at the very start, but the passion for doing this is slowly fading away with these monthly reaper/mercenary runs. I wouldn't even my doing it if the reward was worth, for example a complete ship set or complete clothing + weapon set, but as you already mentioned, these three items aren't so cool at all, it just seems like a lazy rewamp of the old reaper sails. I'm not necessarily saying that the game needs new Tall Tale every month, but at least give us some new kind of stuff worthy my time spent in the game.

Views
37 out of 38