This game needs more actual content!

• I do think we need more content!! And @Bugaboo-Bill have read all your discusions, I think we totally know what u mean! It's clear, for Kraken sake!! It's clear that u dont want any form of vertical progresion, and im sure we will never get one on this game, which I'm fine with it, but just let others dream and suggest things to improve the game.

Who knows... maybe with one of thoose suggestions or ideas the devolopers improve some bigger idea than the one which was posted... Devolopers made the statements clear, but not for that we cant get some sort of "end rewards" or "cosmetics", I think we players, pirates or saliors, DO Deserve more content, more Great Ideas! And all those updates could come from a little idea from the post! ....

Just let people express their thoughts! I dont agree with the vertical progress neither but we need more fun in the game... its not just "playing " until we get bored we need more stuff to do!!!

Spreaaad the curse and the peaace in the seaas maateees!

• It's not wrong that both kind of games exist, but we defend that what we have here, because imho it's genius and rare on the market.
    But more developers see this want and maybe try to establish new games with horizontal progression.
    Where it is more about creative sandbox and social interactions than themepark or achievement hunting and completion.

The thing is that there isn't really a progression at all, so SoT has no horizontal Progression. However, I think SoT should stay sandbox but have horizonal progression added, non vertical. On this way players have something to work on without being less creative and social. But if I understood you right, you are against any kind of progression.

Both style of games should be developed and played.

Please dont try to turn this around.

True but it's not all black and white. I think it is possible to attract both groups.

• @nukdar While having this forum discussion, I realised too, that vertical progression isn't the right thing. I sometimes forget that this is a casual game :P
    But what do you think about my suggestions on horizontal progression? Like having different ships/weapons, more variety in general. Or do you even have better ideas?

• I traveled to places and times and dimensions and stuff... and found out that the void of dissatisfaction within oneself is just a matter of point of view. You change the point and the view changes too.

'Heaven is here when the mind is clear' ...the lack of content isn't even a thing, just an illusion... \o/

• @bugaboo-bill said in This game needs more actual content!:

Oh a thread by someone who make suggestions against the core design of the game and seem not to understand what SoT is about although he already played, eh wait worked it off so much?
    Nice, like something new on the table. YAWN
    wake me up when it's closed, derailed or discussed to death

Who was the guy with that funny dead horse meme?

That wasnt very nice, his title sounded like a rant but the post is a fair opinion i dont agree with all of it but nothing to roll my eyes on.
    Housing can work for exemple if we start on a lobby the arena lobby but its an outpost that you can interact with other players and cool activities and from there you start the game.
    It wont saperate the players it would add fun things to do together and housing there would be fun.
    I dont see a reason to touch progression people just need to accept that this type of progression dosent have to appeal to everyone.
    and additions to ships that we can all do its ok.
    But dont be nasty he was nice :)
    Edit: lets call that outpost just for an exemple Tortuga maybe we shouldnt be forced to start there because that would expend loading times and not everyone wants to be with everyone.

• I totally agree with all your points.
    Sea of Thieves just lacks life, it's not a dead game by any means but it's also not very exciting unless your are either new or play Arena competitively.
    Not sure why someone would be against a pirate town? Like I get it we all had those afk'ers on a Athena. But is that really your only reason to just write off every interesting idea?
    Sea of thieves might have the grind other popular games have but it totally lacks any social experience.

• @faceyourdemon
    Apologized for that in my third post. Read further...

• @pfnatsch

How can you say SoT has no horizontal progression or progression at all?

Progression in SoT is seconded and optional i can decide to refuse to progress and never deliver anything.
    I wouldn't miss anything but longer missions, Athena mission bundles and some cosmetics. Not all cosmetics, sone came for free or are buyable like the mercenary stuff,
    Black Dog etc...
    Progression had no meaning in SoT and that was a decision made after considering to add vertical progression.
    To me it was and is the best decision ever made.

I am not against horizontal progression.
    Add endless Athena level but make sure people dont start with elitism and ePeen comparisons and spread toxicity like: "you havent earned to be a Legend" or sth. like that.
    If you make endless Athena Level fine, i dont care for it and let the progression happen by the way.
    If someone is then proud and bragg with his level i can only feel pity for them.

Would you agree that if i say when they add Athena 20 you wont be satisfied when you have done it.
    Would you agree that you indeed want and need endless progression to be satisfied?
    What do you really want if you are after achievements and completion?
    Explain in detail please.
    What would it give you when you can buy advantages over others that dont have the gold?
    This is no MMORPG it's a session based match game.
    You got matched with 5 other crews and then do what you like and as long as you want in that sort of sandbox. Progression is seconded for that, it's more about the journey, the interaction with the environment and other players cooperative or competetive.

You may want a more mmorpg'ish experience?

• @pfnatsch mmmm It's hard to say, I guess it could be a good input for the game, but it needs to be meditated a lot in order to balance everything... I dont think Rare wants to make the game "Hard" by adding "points" and all that kind of stuff...

It's not bad at all to have different "types" of the same boat... but I dont think it's like the thing the game needs right now. I guess most of the players just want "something else to do" at the moment, but the idea was good and have a good point! I guess in a long future it could be an interesting update to see btw!

Also I find cool that "some special items and cosmetics" can be rewards for specific tasks. Im totally fine with that. But we also need TONS of normal cosmetics for everyone... cuz actually we got Nothing... they don't even look cool, and Its a game based on "no progresion" in which u earn gold... to spend it on... poor stuff which has been since almost half year back...

Also I like the idea of pirate city which games... Having a own home its cool too... but as has been said it just can be seen by u and your crew... so its kind of useless, and just a pointless thing now... We need more important things to get now... In my opinion. I hope devolopers have something interesting prepared for all us SOON!

YEEEEHAAA!
    Spreeeaaad the cuuursee in the seaaaas!

• @Nukdar but these suggestions were made a year ago already and if someone who say he loves the game but then come up with contrary design suggestions and states how disappointed he is because a lack of content i doubt he has understood what the game is realy about, but was completely misslead and focussed on things Rare dont put the focus on.
    Rare put focus on player interactions, GAAS and events, new gamemechanics as a form of content like the powder kegs, rowboats, the ccb's, the Skeleton fleets, more fort variations, lights, fog, megalodons....
    That's not content what was added?

For sure it was not kill 500 Megalodons to work off content.
    I'm sorry but i'm glad Rare doesn't mean this with content.

The TS seem to not like the content we have.
    He wants advantages for his progression over others who have not that much gold and progressed and he wants more meaning to his progression in form of exclusive content, gated behind levels only for people who have played 500 or even 1000 hours.
    These topics are that old like the forum is.
    Sorry, there is nothing new or whatever.
    And yes thousands of players stop or refuse playing it therefore, but other thousands play it exactly therefore and refuse to play games with progression that segregates players, gate content behind it, create a power gaps for competing with itemization and progression based perks etc...

• @bugaboo-bill i have the feeling you are not really listening. I don't want advantages over others. I know in my first two posts I wrote otherwise, but as already mentioned i changed my mind. I don't really know if you get what vertical and horizontal progression is.
    vertical progression=advantage
    horizontal progression=more variety (but balanced!) This is still in form of progression that means you have to earn it.

I don't know what your personal problem is with "Elitism", but if someone is toxic, it's because he/she is an a**hole, not because he has more stuff.

No, as mentioned over and over again now, I want the basic principle to stay, not an MMO. Then I just would play one, wouldn't I? I don't need endless progression either, just way more to do, maybe some kind of goal.

• @nukdar true there are things that are more urgent right now. I think a new raid wouldn't hurt either, maybe something harder, so people need to team up and connect.
    Maybe even something like weekly missions, so people have a reason to come back, here and there. Something else for Athena XP would be great too!

Why should I care what others see? When I'm in a fight, I don't think "OH, nice shoes!", anyway. I think the coolest is having it for yourself and maybe showing off to your friends! But maybe that's just me..

• Definitely need more cooperative content. Invites the possibilities of cooperation and betrayal.

• Agreed and I don't get why anyone would be against this. It's so damn hard getting my friend to play Sea of Thieves again because there isn't really much to do once you've done it all.

• SoT isn’t a good example of a sandbox. A good sandbox let’s you build and create. SoT only allows participation. It is entirely free roam and largely ungated and you can elect to seek or try to avoid contact with other players. However, Rare haven’t provided a fraction of the content and variety necessary to ignore progression. The progression in the game is poor but for most players that’s all there is. The reason SoT doesn’t work as a sandbox is this, if I leave an outpost with a voyage active and Bill just sets sail in search of adventure it is almost inevitable that we’ll end up doing more or less the same things. This game just doesn’t offer enough. Almost everyone ends up grinding levels and gold. Just a few months in and I’ve already done everything a squillion times. The game feels small very quickly.

• @br0crastinat0r said in This game needs more actual content!:

Definitely need more cooperative content. Invites the possibilities of cooperation and betrayal.

Co-op is a great way to expand the game. Lots of quests and challenges that takes two crews and/or ships to complete. However, no betrayal. This idea that it has to be possible to stab everyone in the back otherwise it isn’t in keeping with “Sea of Thieves” is crazy. Thieves wouldn’t usually steal from each other anyway but the reason I don’t like it is because for me this has already made alliances relatively redundant.

• @pfnatsch
    It's a sandbox.
    Do self provided tasks as a goal.
    Immerse and roleplay!

• @pfnatsch dont get me wroong! I like the idea to have your own Room or House with ur customed stuff and ur rewards and statistics and everything, I just feel its like an extra thing is not totally needed, cuz it doesnt improve the gameplay right now... but yeah! I totally like the idea of it!

Yeehaaaaa!
    Spreaaad the curseee in the seaaas!

• @mrmalfor sagte in This game needs more actual content!:

i dont have time and fun to play a game and have no progression. When i start dont starve and play 1 hour with only eating berries i have a hard start. then i build a cooking pot and log off.
    next time when i start game i can cook better food and this is a good feeling that i earning something for the hour i played. and so on.
    in sea of thieves i played 6 months and i earning nothing than titles and clothes. but im on same status then 6 months before and start the same run then 6 months before.

its not fun to start a game every time with the same status. and thats what many players mean in discussions here. and they are ...

wrong.

• @dadiodude you summarized the problem really well, I agree! Either more variety or more progression.

• @dadiodude yup it feels too small at the end of the day. It's in my top 3 games at the moment with Overwatch and Destiny but has the same problem as the other two games. There is so much unused potential. One has a terrible ranking system and the other one had Activision cutting content. Rare has no such issues so I hope we will get another epic update.

Views
40 out of 56