-50% / 100% and 150-200% gamemode

• Okay, so here's my two doubloons on the matter of giving more option to sail as a care bear saying please don't hurt me (bad) or soar to Pirate Legend with leaving a wake of grog and demoralized crews at the bottom of the ocean. Baseline is Normal Adventure then you have the slower paced, shoot forever and sink never reduced damage by half on CareBear Mode. Finally, you have the mode for those who are going to be legends in half the average time because that modifier would be giving a harder game with a faster reward track. Crews who are meant to sail together prevail together. Not for those who can't handle losing. At the very least, I'd like to see some hard as you can make it optional mode to flex their inner beast

Views
  • It's so simple. How about we don't change anything in adventure mode and people who don't like it can just play another game?

Why cater to the wishes of the few who don't even bother to actually play the game or give lopsided stories of sailing for hours in pease but getting attacked all the time.
    Rare has said: "Let's not seperate the community, one game, one button, klick and you're in."

Now they've made a sloop, one more button but hey giving people a choice, open and closed crew ok, still a choise more buttons but it's still the one mode.
    They've given us Arena, another mode sadly but it's a logical coice, people want to be competative and it helps on both sides, competative people can be so in a serpare enviroment and the rest can still play adventure (adventure is unaltered).
    Now why would rare create more seperation? What's the purpose? Let those who complain just play the game some more and learn from mistakes in stead of having them complain once and getting what they want but didn't need.

• @diehardtwb

While this seems pretty decently thought out, it just isn't in the spirit of Sea of Thieves.

This gave thrives on a lack of division between those who are "carebears" and those who like to fight. In fact, this game needs every type of player to be playing in the same world to be what it is.

It's about the mystery of seeing a sail on the horizon and not knowing the other crew's intentions. Allowing people to separate themselves into separate modes like you suggest would ruin that.

Even if the "carebear mode" players were still in the same servers with everyone else, it would still suck. Because while the mystery of other players' intentions is still there, you're limiting player interactions by forcing everyone who comes in contact with a non-hostile player to behave in a non-hostile way.

A better suggestion would be for people to try and understand the game they bought and stop asking for the core design to change to fit their way of playing. Anyone who picks up a video game should know how to cope with losing.

You ever wonder why progression in this game is only cosmetic? It is because anything can happen to anyone at any time. So we can focus on enjoying our adventures, losses and all, rather than being progression-focused.

The harshest punishment a player experiences from losing in this game is missing out on some gold and rep that only serves to get them closer to buying that new jacket or hat. So I find it hilarious that people get so salty about it.

• @chronodusk

Despite there being so many posts on this I think you still miss the point.

People don’t care about loosing, being killed or sunk. Everyone here plays video games. We’ve all died hundreds of thousands of times.

No, the problem with SoT is that to generate any loot or to secure a TT item takes so many hours of repetitive boring grind. This is the problem people have with the game.

If generating treasure was fun and took a reasonable time there wouldn’t be an issue. Rare are the masters of grind and grind kills fun.

Views
1 out of 4