Special Compass like Rose or Sparrow

• I'd like to have a compass leading or misleading you somewhere random.
    It can result in everything we have. A chest of all quality, the Kraken, a Meg, Skeletoncrews and Captain or just a message in the bottle or a lost boutille on the beach.
    If you have found and got it or beat it the compass resets, it won't instantly show another direction but every in-game day a new one until done.
    So the compass show a direction at midnight and you have 24 minutes (a day in SoT) to find and do it.
    If it takes longer you'll have to wait for midnight again and the compass show a new destination.
    The compass may also direct you to another player ship and to get it done you have to sink it or make allies and make them sell something together.

Views
  • I like this idea. Except, maybe not have to sink someone. The pacifists like me won't like being targeted on the whim of the game... but I like the idea!

• @pithyrumble sagte in Special Compass like Rose or Sparrow:

I like this idea. Except, maybe not have to sink someone. The pacifists like me won't like being targeted on the whim of the game... but I like the idea!

Unsure about it by myself so I made it an option to sink or allie.

• I think it’s a cool idea, maybe it could be something you find in the world randomly and it will lead you somewhere and disappear from your inventory after you reached the destination.

Either way it’s a pretty cool idea :)

• It could fit with the bounty system.

When a PVP focused crew is in the server, you could see a Wanted sign in the outpost, once you read it, you could accept the mission to be given the compass to chase them.

• I think that tall tales like the Wild rose have proven that a new voyage format where you get a compass to follow in stead of a map that tells you where to go is possible.

Maybe it could lead to a skeleton ship or a future landbased creature fight or a skeleton lord fight given by the order of souls.

Who knows what the future brings but having a compas point out treasure is a great Idea, it might even be found in the world like bottle quests, you find a compas and you'll never know what you'll find. Maybe it's even cursed and leads you off the map.
    Or to an island in the shroud you'd otherwise never reach/find.

• This is a lovely idea, especially the uncertainty about what to do there brings excitement.
    If I get involved, I should be prepared for everything and consider the impossible as possible. I like that.

• I like it. It fits the mystical side of the game.
    I like the randomness of it. And how it helps add more things for players to do, which drives interactions between players

• @Guilleont No Bounty System please, check older threads why not.

@Goedecke-Michel @NWO-Azcrack
    Exactly what i thought also.

You maybe think it's just a chest and sail more or less unequiped and it leads to the Kraken :D
    And you wont get a new destination until you have beaten a Kraken!
    It will always show you the way to the Kraken then.

I think if sink or ally is an option to fullfilled the compass task it wont make it too hostile, but lead to interesting situations.
    If it points to someone who then scuttles it would point to the respawn location. If someone who is aimed at leaves the server you would get a new destination very close.

• @bugaboo-bill would be cool if this was a possibility to find from a message in a bottle. Like if you pick one up that is either a riddle or X Mark's the spot there is a chance that what you dig up is a compass that leads to God only knows what. Would give extra incentive to complete message in a bottle quests more often and add some mystique to them as well.

• I really love the "follow the compass" concept, makes you feel like Jack Sparrow hehe. What do you desire most?

I think it could be a cool OoS quest alternative to regular skeleton bounties. Could point to a ship to sink, or a lord on an island.

I think the randomness aspect would be also cool if it pointed to anything. If it takes the slot of a bottle, you could even potentially find multiple ones.

• Love this idea. It would make a really fun addition to the game!

• @Bugaboo-Bill Love this idea, matey.

The possibilities are endless. I even think it would be great if it could lead you into a place in the middle of the ocean where you might have to dive or fish something out of the water.

Or maybe this could be a fun way to reintroduce the emerging skelly ships - the compass could lead you to an ocean grid and then SURPRISE! It's been pointing you to the captain's skull. Remove skull from neck to proceed!

• Aye absolutely agree that we need this as an alternative along side bottle quests.

• Reintroduce Briggsy's ancient compass to point you towards your nearest ally - simply highlight your compass on your tool wheel and press Y on your controller (or equivalent on keyboard) to switch to it while in an alliance (similar to how you place bait on the fishing rod). This item only becomes available if at least 1 of your crew members has completed the associated TT. It's a bit redundant with the map table, but it could save you a lot of time if you need to regroup in a hurry.

• @galactic-geek It wouldn't be redundant if you found yourself in a rowboat without a map table.

• Yes. It's a shame that there isn't a way to have these type of compasses in the normal adventure mode. They'd be perfect for a shared voyage, with different crews competing to find the same treasures

• @badrobott said in Special Compass like Rose or Sparrow:

@Bugaboo-Bill Love this idea, matey.

The possibilities are endless. I even think it would be great if it could lead you into a place in the middle of the ocean where you might have to dive or fish something out of the water.

Or maybe this could be a fun way to reintroduce the emerging skelly ships - the compass could lead you to an ocean grid and then SURPRISE! It's been pointing you to the captain's skull. Remove skull from neck to proceed!

Love this idea! The ocean definitely needs more exploration opportunities like that, an enchanted GH or MA compass could take you to a loaded wreck full of gold or merchandise, OoS to an emergent ship. Maybe a meg or other sea beast for Hunters?

• I like this thread - all good ideas thus far, IMO.

• @bugaboo-bill never saw a post about bounty system but nevermind, I will search eventually.

There are good ideas here.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Special Compass like Rose or Sparrow:

I'd like to have a compass leading or misleading you somewhere random.
    It can result in everything we have. A chest of all quality, the Kraken, a Meg, Skeletoncrews and Captain or just a message in the bottle or a lost boutille on the beach.
    If you have found and got it or beat it the compass resets, it won't instantly show another direction but every in-game day a new one until done.
    So the compass show a direction at midnight and you have 24 minutes (a day in SoT) to find and do it.
    If it takes longer you'll have to wait for midnight again and the compass show a new destination.
    The compass may also direct you to another player ship and to get it done you have to sink it or make allies and make them sell something together.

aye it points to gold or a grog bottle on a beach or a rum bottle on a beach

Views
19 out of 21