This will never stop

• I maybe a PL now but my play styles hasn’t changed since day 1.

Unlike all the other PL’s I actually Pirated my way to legend.

I’ve never read a single “Clue”, done a puzzle or carried a chicken or dug up chests. I sink ships and do skull Forts and I only do the skull Forts because it increases the likelihood of sinking ships.

• I used to have a "shoot first ask questions later" mentality. The seas were always hostile.

However, since Anniversary, there are a lot of new players, many of them completely unaware of their surroundings.

Now my tactics are to get someone on their boat and see what they have, while having cannons loaded and ready to go. If they even grab their cannon, we fire.
    If the ship is obviously new, low level voyage, stock materials, or even a TT down, we'll move on.

• A few days ago my crew chased down a Brigantine intending to hijack them and take their loot. I could see gems and other glowing things through the windows. As we were gaining on them, we shouted "Give us your fish" and "We want fish".

They eventually raised sails and slowed down and offered us a fish. It was a red splashtail, but the fact that they even complied left us feeling like we should honor the deal and let them continue on unharmed.

Pirate Code.

• If you spend your time running about screaming 'were friendly, lets form an alliance' while being attacked, you deserve to get sunk.

In fact in my book, even if im minding my own business as I sail past you, you will be immediatly attacked and sunk if you ever, ever shout to me 'lets form an alliance'

• @iisrgntwolfii said in This will never stop:

I used to have a "shoot first ask questions later" mentality. The seas were always hostile.

However, since Anniversary, there are a lot of new players, many of them completely unaware of their surroundings.

Now my tactics are to get someone on their boat and see what they have, while having cannons loaded and ready to go. If they even grab their cannon, we fire.
    If the ship is obviously new, low level voyage, stock materials, or even a TT down, we'll move on.

This is how we sail nowadays aswell with the crew. We sail defensive (if you sail to us and in cannonrange you sink) we inspect ships before attacking them or helping them depending on whats on the ship.

• @gravity-dt you just meet salty PL. I've meet few sailors two days ago. 1st crew was trying to figure out a tall tale so they show me a book and i told them where they should go. 2nd crew was on the sloop and they want to see what a galleon looks like so they came to our ship and i showed them the ship. 3rd crew was just sailing next to us, i came to their ship, it was dark so i have my lantern in hand. They saw blue light and they want to have the same. I gave them blue light and told them how to obtain rest of colors. After that i came back to my ship.

• Dear newbie:
    It may have missed your attention but the game is called "sea of thieves" and is a pirate based game. Unfortunately there are PLs that feel that a straight forward approach is necessary, though it does seem you newbies still don't understand. So allow me, one of the kinder PLs, to explain a few rules.

1. the only "friends" are your crew. No other pirate is your friend, they are rivels and enemies even if you are in an alliance.
      1. the only thing that makes them better is experience. Some will say pc is op but it is possible to out play even them on console.
      1. your loot is not yours until it is turned in. If you wanna show off with a huge haul by all means go for it but you will reap what you sow.

Hopefully you and any other newbies will take this to heart and understand that this game was, is, and will be a PvPve game. Learn your controls. Watch other players like capt. falcore, the crows nest, even summit. Maybe join a discord crew or create your own. There is so much freedom that you can build on.
    Fair winds and smooth seas.

• Ahoy matey,

(My perspective, my opinion, you don't need to agree with it.)
    This is actually healthy for the community. This will remove the weaklings and only leave the true blood thirsty battle born pirates in the seas of thieves.

I prefer to be paired with a person that had his fair share of drunken sea water than a person that hasn't tasted the salt yet.

So again, my perspective, if the sea of THIEVES, a game where you are a PIRATE and you don't want to have your ship boarded, sunken, ship/loot stolen, whatever - you have chosen the wrong game.

Conclusion:
    I am okay if new players quit due to "being sunk" than having a "pirate" singing/screaming on the tube for the sole purpose of annoying the entire crew for about 30 minutes, even after being briged and muted. #Trolls

• @gravity-dt sagte in This will never stop:

Dear PL:
    It seems due to the fact that Game Pass is on sale and new players are new to the game for the first time. Why would you feel the need to attack them? Your PL I know the game doesn't have nothing for you but why take it out on all other players? New players have a Alliance flag you join under fails Intentions so you attack them? So there is nothing that can be done and this will keep happening not like the Dev's are going to do anything.

One Hit Wonder...

Views
43 out of 44