Toxic Community Why we can't Keep new Players

• To hell with this game the community is so toxic. All new friends I get to try it that now that is has contact just leave cause they get bullied constantly. Good thing they got to try it free for a few days cause I'd feel bad had they actually spent money on it. Bet your selling copies despite a shrinking player base though, releasing the little content every month to keep the few remaining trolls on to pick on new players. Have had every friend I've tried to get the game leave because we were attacked by a decked out pirate ship. Proof is in the Discord, the poppultaion shrinks every day because try hard trolls are bullying the community. I made the mistake of buying game day one.

Views
  • @Deckhands please close this thread!

the TS is salty because he got sunk and made 4 threads with same text and is only insulting everyone.
    thanks

• @bugaboo-bill right and none where thrown at me got it. Your're just as guilty! lol like they care lolol deckhands help help he has mean words ohh wait they still don't care

• @Deckhands close these threads

• @eggamer13 yes that has been working so well hasn't it

• @zombie8myface87 Deckhands are real people that live outside the forums, not as you as I can see. When they can, they will close the thread

• @eggamer13 uh oh starting to get upvotes... wonder what that means

• @zombie8myface87 said in Toxic Community Why we can't Keep new Players:

To hell with this game the community is so toxic. All new friends I get to try it that now that is has contact just leave cause they get bullied constantly. Good thing they got to try it free for a few days cause I'd feel bad had they actually spent money on it. Bet your selling copies despite a shrinking player base though, releasing the little content every month to keep the few remaining trolls on to pick on new players. Have had every friend I've tried to get the game leave because we were attacked by a decked out pirate ship. Proof is in the Discord, the poppultaion shrinks every day because try hard trolls are bullying the community. I made the mistake of buying game day one.

@zombie8myface87

Let break the down for you:

First, The game is called "Sea of Thieves" what would you expect? Players running around just giving cuddles?

"All new friends I get to try it that now that is has contact just leave cause they get bullied constantly."

Whatever game you play you will get the same experience with so called "bully's", Do you not have access to YouTube or play any other PVP games and see the 1000's of campers out there?

"Bet your selling copies despite a shrinking player base though, releasing the little content every month to keep the few remaining trolls on to pick on new players."

True old and new players love that they spend the time to add new content regularly and it has been all free so far and the one thing I love is the Weekly Developer updates" I have not seen a developer ever do anything like that before.

Have had every friend I've tried to get the game leave because we were attacked by a decked out pirate ship.

Apart from the three Ship Class: that they all have advantages/disadvantages, in canons, speed, strength and manoeuvrability.
    There is no decked out, what you possible are seeing just cosmetics changes.

Proof is in the Discord

Show us and if its just as @Bugaboo-Bill says then you need to find another game.

• @dukkyjr logon and look or look up the other posts for further examples, or even just search bully sea of thieves on youtube.

@dukkyjr logon and look or look up the other posts for further examples, or even just search bully sea of thieves on youtube.

Yes but its just the same as every other PVP game but with this game you get a change to respawn and try to retake your ship. You do know you can Skuttle your ship?

• @dukkyjr So to hell with ppl there for PVE experience? You're obviously part of the problem as well

• @zombie8myface87 This is a PvEvP game. It's mixed. You won't get pve only or pvp only in the game

• @Zombie8MyFace87 I understand your dissapointing in players that are playing this game. But:

• Not all players are toxic, sometimes you can meet friendly people, like in real life. I agree that it is possible to meet toxic gamers that will ruin your voyage, kill you multiple times - it is sad, really sad. Just try to accept it like part of this game, it is hard I know (I had bad experience when players steel my Athena chest - I was really mad about it, but I still play this game)

• Playerbase is enough to feel this game not empty

• Risky adventure is the main point when you are completing missions, without risk you wouldn't do it multiple times. But when you finish any voyage you feel relief and joy that you did it.

• If you are angry try to sink other ships with your friends it will give you another experience and mood.

• Every game now that has multiplayer mode has the same community like in SoT, toxic players, trolls, experts and etc.

• @venvip1983 RIIIIGHT face it you all just look for easy loot, a game filled with scm bags

@dukkyjr So to hell with ppl there for PVE experience? You're obviously part of the problem as well

Only if your playing :-) but seriously I very really attack first but will protect myself if provoked. I will always try and help other players too.

You do get hot headed crews out there that think they are the best, I have even taken down a few PL that have spent hours playing and collecting the full PL cosmetics.

I wish I had the time to play more but I also have a life and work.

• I'm not sure if it's a question of a toxic community or just a question of the nature of PvEvP game design.

Yes there are a tons of toxic jerks playing SoT. But that is true of every online game. In any PvEvP environment you create a mix of playing styles. So you tend to get more clashes of expectations. Which may seem like toxicity, but in reality is just the nature of the beast.

All that said; most of my friends quit this game pretty early on because they didn't enjoy the PvEvP environment and wanted the option to play PvE when they wanted and PvP when they wanted. And there's plenty of other games out there.... So that's where they are now. And they are happy.

• @viperishemu2992 Might be what they wanted, but it obviously didn't work. RIP PVE aspect of the game.

• @zombie8myface87 They are happy playing other games now.

World War Z is a great example of giving players the choice between modes. Most of my friends play both the PvEvP and the PvE modes of that game and love both. Because they can choose their mode depending on their mood at the time.

Most of them would probably give SoT another shot if there was a PvE mode. And through the PvE mode they may learn to like the other modes more?!

• If I were you, I would forget Adventure for a bit and spend some time in the Arena.

Nevermind bringing friends and playing to win, just join random crews and dedicate yourself to sailing a galleon solo, and killing pirates. It can make you a better pirate.
    Your guaranteed rep and gold for finishing matches and it's better than getting ganked for a castaways chest in Adventure.
    Ignore any AFKer or troll, you have your own killcount and commendations to achieve. It's only 24 minutes, bring a thick skin.

Arena is populated with the kind of pirates you want to take your anger out on.
    Fuel your rage, be more pirate.

• DON'T FEED THE TROLL

• @zombie8myface87 Ahoy there!

Please refrain from swearing on the forums, as it is a violation of our forum rules. Your post has been edited accordingly.

Additionally, while we understand your intention is to offer feedback, threads that contain no material for discussion, and contain personal attacks against the developers and others in the community are not permitted. They incite negative responses from others, and offer no constructive discussion. This thread will now be locked.

Views
1 out of 21