Graphics bug? xbox one blur

• Recently upgraded to a 4k TV, I am noticing a huge amount of motion blur on xbox one, even slowly panning the camera leaves a horrible ghostly dark trail on the edges of scenery, tried everything to fix it, my TV is fine and other games don't have this problem, Def worse in darker areas, but you can see the smear on everything while running round, looking at the moon and shifting camera slowly leaves a ghostly white trail, anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Views
  • I actually did have this issue. Turns out you need a more expensive HDMI cable for 4K. Once I got that it went away but it was bad like even in movies and stuff.

• @glannigan said in Graphics bug? xbox one blur:

I actually did have this issue. Turns out you need a more expensive HDMI cable for 4K. Once I got that it went away but it was bad like even in movies and stuff.

Bang on, well done.

"HDMI 2.0: This enhancement allows everything that HDMI 1.4 offers, except it offers an increased bandwidth and the ability to present a wider variety of colors. HDMI 2.0 is certified to have a bandwidth of 18 Gigabits per second which supports 4K resolution at 60 FPS (frames per second)."

Just don't get me started on "gold plated" cables. LOL

• @glannigan so im using the hdmi 2.0 that came with the xbox one x, should i buy a better one? Thanks for the suggestion btw!

• @its-phoenix-nz
    I am using the standard one that came with the Xbox one X on 4k TV and have no issues with it.
    Have you set your TV up to game settings and also check settings on Xbox to allow 4k..

Also, some 4k TVs aren't suitable for gaming with the X. You really need HDR10 with the TV to get the best out of it. But you shouldn't be getting smears..

• I have no issues with 4K UHD TV and Xbox One X. Is this just xbox related, or does it occur watching TV shows, too? How about sports?

• @its-phoenix-nz said in Graphics bug? xbox one blur:

@glannigan so im using the hdmi 2.0 that came with the xbox one x, should i buy a better one? Thanks for the suggestion btw!

Run Netflix ir Amazon on the TV App and play something 4k

Then do the same through your console.

If it doesn’t look as good through the console then yea try a better cable. If it looks the same then your cable is good.

• @needsmokes thanks, i have hdr10 on, finally figured it out tho, my tv was outputting 60hz, all 60fps games run perfect, no issues, its only 30fps games that have this issue and usually only in dark areas, so ill get a better 4k set when scarlet launches! Thanks again for the input, heres hoping rare makes sot 6fps 😎

Views
7 out of 8