A Perfect Read

• Today I was slooping it up with a friend of a friend who was new to SoT. While at an outpost, we spotted another sloop nearby fighting a cursed ship. I asked my crewmate if he wanted to go help or hinder the other ship.

"Yes" was all I got or needed. As we got closer we noticed that the cursed ship had sunk. We called out to the other sloop with our speaking trumpets to tell him that we were friendly and wanted an alliance. He dropped his sails and booked it out of there. Turning our ship around, we gave chase. I told my crewmate that he probably had loot on board from the cursed ship and that was why he was running scared. Moments later I noticed that the other sloop was heading towards the outpost we left earlier, but that the ship was turning to miss it. I told my crewmate to follow the ship.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I'm going to cut him off" I replied. I then fired myself from the cannon and landed perfectly at the front of the dock. At the end of the dock, sure enough, I saw a pirate holding a Skeleton Captain's chest. He saw me too. He dropped the chest and drew out his cutlass. I drew out my EoR. He charged. I aimed. He leaped. I fired. He landed behind me...

...6 ft. under.

I picked up the chest and turned it in.

It was worth a lot.

Moments later I get a message from the deceased. "That was the last 1 I needed! Way to be a stereotypical PoS!"

I messaged him back telling him about how he needed to accept that he just lost fair and square and should just try again.

No response.

Such a great moment...

Views
  • @galactic-geek
    It's funny how he assumed you knew or cared that that was the last chest you needed.

Views
1 out of 2