Art of a Trickster - Thanks for the wasted 5 hours of nothing.

• Playing with my kids and we wasted over 5 hours doing this for the quest to not spawn skeletons near end.

I get bugs happen but this bug has been around for over 4 months and its also noted as a bug and still has not been fixed like really!!!!

Make it so we can reset the final fight.

I wont be going near this quest and sort of made us lose interest in the game now as its a game breaking bug and devs are just to slack to hot fix it.

I wouldnt really care if it took 20 mins to do but this quest takes many hours and to have it bug at final stage is a real kick in the guts.

Views
  • @kobra4killz I understand that bugs happen and it sucks, it really does.

Why did it take 5 hours?

• @captain-coel we died twice with Barrel...

Then wasted an Hour trying to fix the bug with peoples methods like sailing away but that did nothing. Or all Dying etc etc etc.

And yes I know bugs happen but this bug has been noted by the devs over 3 months ago and its not fixed like really.

• Spending time with your kids.
    5 hours long! Being called time wasted.

Some kids would love to play with their parent but their parent dont want to. Some parents do spend time with their kids but than its time wasted..

• @weakdexx well, dads are supposed to be able to make stuff work.
    the kids were probably pretty unhappy and would have likely considered it a waste of time. i would hate to be the one trying to convince them that it wasnt actually a waste of time, it was all just a good fun bonding experience.

• You just spent 5 hours sailing and playing on a pretend pirate ship with your kids and your complaining about a software bug?

Are you nuts?

How about “oh my god what a wonderful game I just spent 5 hours playing pirate with my kids - thank you for this wonderful platform to do that in”

• Five hours of time sailing about with the kids. Yeah... such a waste. I’d have been heartbroken if my dad had returned home after fishing for a day with us and said, “We didn’t catch anything. What a waste of a day.”

BTW, why are we counting the span of time where you blew yourself up twice? Was it the “key?” If so, you had to restart a couple times already. How does the time spent on that become Rare’s fault?

• I upvoted the comments above about how great it was - or should have been - for you to spend hours playing with your kids, regardless of the outcome.

However, for next time:

Often, when you get a skellies-not-spawning bug, the solution is for every member of your crew to die. Make sure you get yourself and all of your kids on the Ferry of the Damned before anyone goes back to your ship. You will usually find this solves the problem. This solution certainly works with OOS missions and Skeleton Forts. I am guessing it will work with Tall Tales too.

• 5 hours? lol

• @weakdexx @Ghostpaw @Glannigan
    This dad is just frustated, it explains his reaction.
    He's not juding anyone personnality the way you did, he is mad about a bug in a game he bought.
    Who are you to shame him on the way he feels with his children ? Your comments are so lame and low !!

• My goodness; is somebody not allowed to complain about the bugs they experienced in a play session? This is not about the guy spending time with his kids. Its about a game session being ruined by one of dozens of known and ignored bugs.
    Telling people shame on them for being upset about a bug in a game is the reason why this game still has day one bugs.

• As this thread was 6 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
8 out of 12