Game help, newbie here!

• I'm enjoying the game so far but I'm really confused with some of the mechanics.

So, I was on The Cursed Rogue (Tall Tale) and I found the skeleton key and chest and managed to take the 2 'briggsy aretfacts' back toMadame Olivia on Plunder Outpost. She gave me a compass that would show me how to find Briggsy. At this point i came out of the game as it was late.
    When I come back to the game, i no longer have that compass. No problem, I think to myself, if i go back to Madame Olivia and vote on that book again I will carry on the tall tale from where I left off. However the book to vote on has now changed to a locked tall tale valled 'wild rose' - how do I go back to finish the briggsy tall tale (cursed rogue)?

Honestly i want to love this game as some aspects are so good, but damn it doesn't explain itself very well at all!

Views
  • @starsi-360
    You weren't at Plunder outpost. WildRose starts at a different outpost.

• The tall tales have to be done in order, as you may already know, and they each are started at specific locations which are shown by going into the menu and viewing the info about that tale. The tales have to be completed in a single session, and cannot be continued later.

And, welcome to the seas!

• @starsi-360 as others said, wrong outpost...when you open the tall tale menu press Y on XBox (don't know on PC) to see where the tall tale start is
    All start on different spots, only the first one can be started at every outpost next to the mysterious stranger

• The cursed Rogue (Tale 2) starts at Madame Olivia at Plunder Outpost.
    Wild Rose (Tale 5) starts at Madame Olive at Sanctuary Outpost.

All in the game is session based, nothing carries over to the next session/server except your gold, reputation and cosmetics.
    No inventory items like food or cannonballs, no Tall Tale items, chests, skulls etc...
    If you have done Tales 1-3 you unlock Tales 4-6, what unlock 7+8 and 9 is unlocked after that.

• The game does a bad job at explaining things, it's something the developers seemingly struggled with for a while.
    I can't blame them because there's so much stuff in there now that it takes a lot of explaining to know everything.

In this case, yes the progress is session based untill you complete something, then it becomes permanent.
    So if you log out you lose:

• Progress on the tall tale
    • Inentory items (food, cannonballs, planks, bait and cursed cannonballs)
    • Current voyage
    • Ship inventory

You keep:

• Gold
    • Cosmetics bought
    • Completed Tall tales/ commendations
    • Reputation with the factions

I hope this helps.

• @hynieth

Thanks everybody, yes all this does help
    I am finding this game very confusing at first, almost to the point of putting me off but I have persevered as I love the sailing and the atmosphere of the game!

I can't believe you can't continue a tall tale in another session after a major step like turning in briggsys artefacts! Can't always commit a full hour or more to the game in one sitting....But it's all just a learning curve.

• @starsi-360
    I would suggest, if you're using XBox, using the Looking For Group functions. At most times, there's people looking to crew up for tall tales. You can get them done a lot faster with a good crew that's looking to knock them out. When I solo the tall tales, I get distracted by (literally) shiny objects, sunken ships, squirrels...pretty much anything.

• @starsi-360
    Yeppers.
    The lack of save state has been a major thorn in our sides since the beginning.
    Once you realize when you've actually accomplished something and it's safe to bounce....you'll have less and less of such frustrations.

Welcome to the seas and keep an eye out for them thieves!!!
    Unless ye be a thievin!

Views
8 out of 9