It's not about the gold, it's about the glory

• Rare has the pirates times with stories of the community, now let’s give them some input!

Let's share our best stories of glory!

I’ll start…

After a long day of sailing on the brigantine, defending and digging up chest for the gold hoarders, we came across and active fort with a sloop docked. I said to my crew: "I swim over there and see if I can help them (well, steal the key of course)".
    When I reached the land, I heard that they just killed the captain. I covered myself in leaf and hide the best I could! They must have known that someone swum over, because they didn’t open the fort yet and looked with the sloop for mermaids and me. The sloop must have looked too far from the island for me, because it got attacked by the kraken. From the fort, the pirate with the key shot cannonballs at the kraken, not knowing I was behind him. I wanted to see his face when he died. I hide the key and fought them in an epic battle, me from the fort and them from the ship. I lost and rejoined my crew after a good talk with the ferry man. We digged up some more chest from an island and decided to sell.
    Afterwards, we decided to go back to the fort and see if they found the key. If not, and they still were searching we would give the key back, because we have this rule: try to steal once, then accept the loss. When we got to the fort, they were still searching, but another thread for them was on their way! Not us, but full crew galleon with the attention to sink the sloop! We decided to defend the sloop. After an epic battle my crew and the sloop won. We gave them the key and sailed away towards the sun! It's not about the gold, it's about the glory. Sometimes the glory is helping another crew.

A good day!

Please share your story about glory

Views
  • I finished Shores of Gold solo 1.5 times while suffering from a kidney stone.

Crapscicle.

I finished run#4, then had all 4 medallions and was on my way to g et the Goldhoarders Coin for #5 when the pain and paranoia that it was my appendix got to me and I wnet to the ER to be sure. Turns out I also had a kidney infection and got a 2 day hospital stay 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Did run#5 when I got home again lol.

Glorious Crapscicle.

• For me it's about the gold.

• @ironuzuka said in It's not about the gold, it's about the glory:

For me it's about the gold.

Booo...

• @pithyrumble Kudos to you, and I hope you're feeling better!

I'll be starting my first Shores of Gold solo run tonight. Last five run to get that lovely curse!

• @PithyRumble and now you have a DJ or Mono J inside you?
    I did that for 8 years as an Operation Assistant.
    Get well soon.

• @bugaboo-bill
    I'm not sure what either of those are, so I guess not. It passed on it's own, and they sent me home with antibiotics, I drink lots and lots of water again.

Views
1 out of 7