An evening lacking a mission and content

• We drove yesterday with our good old sloop. Our oath: Today's success would be purely coincidental. We would only take what the sea offered us. Anyone who met us would have the opportunity to form an alliance - and we would respect the alliance.

As soon as we started, we saw a sloop rob a fort. In front of their bow were rocks, so the escape route was blocked. The ship stood motionless with full sails, so it was also anchored. The ship stood further against the wind direction. An easy game, we thought, they couldn't escape. We would take the ship under fire, put the opponent under pressure and could sink it quickly. There was only one thing we hadn't considered, as we quickly realised to our regret. The swell was against us. While our shots scattered far and wide because of the waves, we received hit after hit from our opponent standing in the calm coastal water. An anchor ball caught us, my comrade died. We were nailed. We had great trouble, called out to the other crew our appreciation for their good defense. These in turn insulted us, we brought grief over them. We tried to cheer them up, praised their marksmanship, and how we were surprised by the severity of the damage we took. We also asked them to join an alliance, but we recieved only further insulting and the most horrible ideas and opinions about our mothers and sisters. But the opponents made a mistake, as one of them tried to board us while we still exchanged canon fire. This put them in an inferior position. But only one minute later my comrade was fatally hit. I quickly estimated the amount of water penetrating and took the time to shoot ten more balls against the enemy ship. Still the waves made it hard to hit them, but with luck their ship's guard was hitten deadly, their mast was broken down. The enemy swimming towards us turned off in panic, trying to save his ship. He shouted some more curses to us, which I do not want to repeat. A stalemate, then. I could just get some water out of our almost sunken boat, lift the anchor and quickly leave our unfavourable attack position. Now we could seal the hull, other damages had not taken our ship. The opponent had time to take flight and disappeared behind a group of cliffs. We hurried behind - but the ship had disappeared.
    We briefly discussed how difficult the time as a pirate is today and how unjust and hard the judgement about piracy is, especially among pirates.

We successfully fought all ship raids, robbed every single sailing Skellet ship, then sunk a galleon that had just finished a fort raid. They made the mistake of bringing the large fortress explosive barrel on board - downstairs. Our first shot with the cannon hit this barrel - an impressive detonation, seldom I saw a flying galleon. Unfortunately, we were too close, we probably took as much damage as the other ship. I set course for a circle, began repairing, while my comrade kept the enemies from doing the same. Their ship sank, the comrade killed all surviving enemies - the fort's riches were ours.

Now follows the more interesting part of the evening - we hadn't sold any of the treasures so far and we decided to only head for an outpost once at the end of our trip, but also not to avoid any risk. Wildly determined, we plunged into another ship raid. A sloop joined in, we formed an alliance. We had not experienced this for a long time, we were curious, not if, but when they would try to cheat us. The skelly ships were rich in treasures, skulls and goods. Unspoken, we shared the treasures in our alliance - the partners only took the skulls, we only took the chests, the rest belonged to them who had first access. We hadn't experienced this for a long time, either! An alliance in which the partners treat each other to mutual success and profits. Nevertheless, after we had loaded our part, we quickly moved our ships away from each other, because, after all, you desire what you see, you know. While the partner moved west, we went north. On the way to the next outpost, we conquered two more skelly ships - they were numerous that day, but at the same time their fighting morale was very weakened. On average, all we needed was a barrel of explosives and about four cannonballs. Whether they take the recently intense discussion about their use of cursed bullets too much to their heart can only be guessed. They seemed to be limp, depressed and unenthusiastic.
    The Kraken and two Megalodons got in our way, which slowed down our final drive to the outpost.
    Meanwhile, we noted that our allied partner had indeed maintained its share of the alliance. Not only did they not leave the alliance, but they also redeemed the treasures. We reminisced about early years when this was the custom mood. I am not ashamed that tears of happiness flowed.

The evening was going to end. We had dared everything and had not been sunk once. On our ship the original colour was no longer recognizable. Let us call it wood splinter coloured.

To our regret the allied crew left the alliance the second we anchored at the outpost. Surely they didn't know the value of this alliance - we had booty worth about 45,000 gold pieces on board.

Views
  • Good times

• @goedecke-michel just realized how long this post is...but I read it all, very nice story!

The first ship you encountered called you griefer...so typical for some people, attacking isn't griefing...

• @goedecke-michel said in An evening lacking a mission and content:

We drove yesterday with our good old sloop. Our oath: Today's success would be purely coincidental. We would only take what the sea offered us. Anyone who met us would have the opportunity to form an alliance - and we would respect the alliance.

As soon as we started, we saw a sloop rob a fort. In front of their bow were rocks, so the escape route was blocked. The ship stood motionless with full sails, so it was also anchored. The ship stood further against the wind direction. An easy game, we thought, they couldn't escape. We would take the ship under fire, put the opponent under pressure and could sink it quickly. There was only one thing we hadn't considered, as we quickly realised to our regret. The swell was against us. While our shots scattered far and wide because of the waves, we received hit after hit from our opponent standing in the calm coastal water. An anchor ball caught us, my comrade died. We were nailed. We had great trouble, called out to the other crew our appreciation for their good defense. These in turn insulted us, we brought grief over them. We tried to cheer them up, praised their marksmanship, and how we were surprised by the severity of the damage we took. We also asked them to join an alliance, but we recieved only further insulting and the most horrible ideas and opinions about our mothers and sisters. But the opponents made a mistake, as one of them tried to board us while we still exchanged canon fire. This put them in an inferior position. But only one minute later my comrade was fatally hit. I quickly estimated the amount of water penetrating and took the time to shoot ten more balls against the enemy ship. Still the waves made it hard to hit them, but with luck their ship's guard was hitten deadly, their mast was broken down. The enemy swimming towards us turned off in panic, trying to save his ship. He shouted some more curses to us, which I do not want to repeat. A stalemate, then. I could just get some water out of our almost sunken boat, lift the anchor and quickly leave our unfavourable attack position. Now we could seal the hull, other damages had not taken our ship. The opponent had time to take flight and disappeared behind a group of cliffs. We hurried behind - but the ship had disappeared.
    We briefly discussed how difficult the time as a pirate is today and how unjust and hard the judgement about piracy is, especially among pirates.

We successfully fought all ship raids, robbed every single sailing Skellet ship, then sunk a galleon that had just finished a fort raid. They made the mistake of bringing the large fortress explosive barrel on board - downstairs. Our first shot with the cannon hit this barrel - an impressive detonation, seldom I saw a flying galleon. Unfortunately, we were too close, we probably took as much damage as the other ship. I set course for a circle, began repairing, while my comrade kept the enemies from doing the same. Their ship sank, the comrade killed all surviving enemies - the fort's riches were ours.

Now follows the more interesting part of the evening - we hadn't sold any of the treasures so far and we decided to only head for an outpost once at the end of our trip, but also not to avoid any risk. Wildly determined, we plunged into another ship raid. A sloop joined in, we formed an alliance. We had not experienced this for a long time, we were curious, not if, but when they would try to cheat us. The skelly ships were rich in treasures, skulls and goods. Unspoken, we shared the treasures in our alliance - the partners only took the skulls, we only took the chests, the rest belonged to them who had first access. We hadn't experienced this for a long time, either! An alliance in which the partners treat each other to mutual success and profits. Nevertheless, after we had loaded our part, we quickly moved our ships away from each other, because, after all, you desire what you see, you know. While the partner moved west, we went north. On the way to the next outpost, we conquered two more skelly ships - they were numerous that day, but at the same time their fighting morale was very weakened. On average, all we needed was a barrel of explosives and about four cannonballs. Whether they take the recently intense discussion about their use of cursed bullets too much to their heart can only be guessed. They seemed to be limp, depressed and unenthusiastic.
    The Kraken and two Megalodons got in our way, which slowed down our final drive to the outpost.
    Meanwhile, we noted that our allied partner had indeed maintained its share of the alliance. Not only did they not leave the alliance, but they also redeemed the treasures. We reminisced about early years when this was the custom mood. I am not ashamed that tears of happiness flowed.

The evening was going to end. We had dared everything and had not been sunk once. On our ship the original colour was no longer recognizable. Let us call it wood splinter coloured.

To our regret the allied crew left the alliance the second we anchored at the outpost. Surely they didn't know the value of this alliance - we had booty worth about 45,000 gold pieces on board.

nice tale we sail as pirates not comrades

Views
3 out of 4