Can we re-work sword combat?

• Using the the cutlass is just a very clunky experience nowadays, if you miss a swing your pirate is stunned and can't swing again for a second or so, meaning sword fights between other pirates or skeletons feel really clunky and stop-start. I understand you want to try and punish a missed swing and put the focus on to hitting the target but i feel the previous mechanics where you could swing 3 times with little penalty for missing was much more fun and free flowing, resulting in much more intense sword fights.

Another aspect i feel needs changing is the stun lock upon getting struck by a cutlass, when you get hit you get stuck and it gets difficult to move or put your guard up which can get really frustrating and again creates a really clunky feeling experience. This needs to be removed or altered as well as it again adds to this really frustrating sword combat which feels really stop-start at times and isn't the free-flowing, fast experience it should be.

The previous build was for me, far more enjoyable and exciting, and with a few tweaks it would be the enthralling experience sword combat should be in this game.

Views
    feedback
  • I am with you. I want to get rid of the time penalties, want to have them replaced by an exhaustement system.

Views
feedback
1 out of 2