Voice chat still not working on PC Windows 10

• When playing Sea of Thieves I cannot use voicechat. I see other people talking with the little speaking icon above their head, however I do not hear them. I also cannot talk myself. I have tried all the solutions I could find on the internet, also the ones from this thread: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115012749647?input_string=voice+chat+issues+pc+windows+10

All my settings in the game itself and outside the game in windows, should allow me to use voicechat. I only have this problem with Sea of Thieves. Discord, League of Legends, CSGO and any other app/game that uses voice chat works fine.

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows how to fix this. I've been struggling with this for weeks now. Thanks in advance :)

Views
  • Check your Router Setting about Teredo maybe.
    Google helps.

Playing since Alpha on Win10 and never had issues.

• Had these problems from alpha till forsaken shores, all of a sudden it started working...

Things i did in the meantime:

• Toldedo check (make sure it's moderate or better)
    • Make sure the privacy settings in win10 for both camera and mic are approved for SoT and or Xbox (companion app).
    • In the Xbox (companion app it's called now) settings make sure the input and output devices are correct and the sliders moved up!
    • In the Win10 sound settings make sure the correct output and input devices are selected.
    • Check if your using push to talk (wish that was on by default) and what the keybinding is you should be using / rebind it!
  • @SuperrrMan013 Go to Windows 10 settings - privacy - microphone and allow both SoT and Xbox to use your mic

• Hello I Want Sea of thieves but I dont have to Buy Game
    my femily is very poor And help please to Get Account Please help my

• @saba727 Ahoy matey!

You could try Xbox Game Pass out? There's a few deals going around that should get you a month worth of playing for a very good price.

• @musicmee I Cant :(

• I'm having a slightly different voice chat problem. I want to get the voice through my headphones, with the game sounds through the speakers, but the "headphone" chat setting doesn't do anything... Any ideas?

Views
1 out of 8