Allow ancient spyglass to see stars outside of quest

• I just think it would be aesthetically cool if you could still see the star constellations outside of the quest if you obtained the spyglass. Or maybe some other kinds of signs. Possibly maybe zodiac signs? Or sea of thieves lore? If anyone else feels this would be a great detail added please let me know. Just a big thought.

Views
  • You mean it doesn't (I haven't beaten it 5x yet)!?

How disappointing to hear... 😥

• @galactic-geek Yes, it doesn't.

• Agreed! My friend straight away first time doing this tall take said “I hope we keep the star gazing feature to the telescope as the reward not just the cosmetic!”

• I was also disappointed to some degree i would like it too

@Galactic-Geek @Technikal401

• That was my very first reaction when I used the telescope. "This is awesome, I hope we can keep it!" It was a sad but not unexpected disappointment when it vanished at the end of the quest. It seems there would be no harm in having this available to us on a more permanent basis. I do hope they consider releasing it in some fashion.

• @technikal401 and what for? Just to see them?

• @technikal401

Yeah we thought that too, would be nice.
    Also... The Fate of the Morningstar... the lantern in that!!!!

• You could just start the TT with the item you want and not finish it. As a temporary fix lol. 🧜‍♀️

• Same with the trickster telescope. Leave the skull on it please.

• Seriously Rare! What the heck! Why would you put constellation's in the game JUST for this quest, and then go ahead and give us the spyglass after 5 finishes, and then NOT allow us to use the gift it has!? That legitimitelly makes me angry. What a waist of time and potential for a very cool feature. I played it 5 times and I don't want to do it a 6th just to see the constellations. Make the ability something we can ACTUALLY unlock. Why add a feature to just use it 5 times(for people who agree) and never see it again!? You just went back on the one rule you told the community you wouldn't do. And that is "When we implement a feature, it stay's in the game."

"Oh, and just when we deem it nessesary"

• @schwammlgott yeah.
    I like the idea as an aesthetic kinda.

• @capncaveman513 Agreed!!!

• Thanks for this post, I was going to go through all 5 quests of it just to get the spyglass for the feature! I won’t bother now, unless they implicate it!

• @technikal401 i wish we could keep the morningstar uniform aswell, and i kinda wish the trickster bottle spyglass kept the skull although i get why they didnt keep that one like that, but to me it would be a trophy kinda item, plus you can still see through it, even if they just made the skull a little more transparent.

• As this thread was 5 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 16