Question regarding Hunter’s Call and leveling up...

• In the other adventure mode factions, it is obvious that the higher you rank up, the higher the loot quantity and quality. However, in the Hunter’s Call, it is not made obvious that you presumably catch higher quality fish as you purchase promotions.

It is pretty obvious in MA when level 5 players receive orders for 1 or 2 white or red chickens and level 50 players potentially receive orders for 4 black and 4 gold chickens. It’s also obvious in the GH and OoS factions.

So, am I more likely to catch, say, a Muddy Wildsplash at Level 40 than Level 30? Am I more likely to catch rare fish and trophy fish if I’m level 45 compared to 25?

Also, has anyone tested the scale of advancement? For instance recorded 20 pondie catches at level 25, 20 pondie catches at level 30 etc etc to prove the increase in quality?

Views
  • @they-sank
    In my experience, I started getting more rare fish as I got over level 20, but I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence, or maybe some servers offer better fish. I also got my first ever piece of garbage over level 20-so I assume there's truth to it.

It also could be massive coincidence. Most of my rarer fish catches are just finds in sunken ships tho.

• @doctorfork that’s where I stopped fishing, level 20 HC. I like to sail solo often and even when I’m playing with others we’re either doing skull forts or Athena’s voyages, it doesn’t seem worth the grind to focus on fishing solo.

It seems that if one were to progress naturally in HC, the only commendations remaining would be catching the rare 4th tier fish of each type.

My thought is that if I leveled HC up to 50 with doubloons, it might help me complete the HC commendations much quicker...

• @they-sank
    I haven't noticed any difference so far. (I am currently at level 27.)

I think it could use a bit if re-tuning... such as at least allowing for bait to be more effective at catching the appropriate fish as you level up. It is annoying to constantly have splashtails appearing when using the proper bait to catch something else.

• @little-squash There is too much ambiguity. The description of each promotion basically describes a hunter becoming more weathered, rugged, experienced etc. It’d be great if the description also included i.e. 6% chance for tier 4 fish at level 25, 7% chance for tier 4 fish at 30, 9% chance at 35 etc. or if there was a more in-depth guide in the wiki...

• @they-sank
    I don't see them ever actually putting specific numbers in the game visible to players like that because spawn rates have changed for other things in the past and that is more of a behind-the-scenes thing.

Perhaps "increased ability to catch rare and trophy fish" every time you buy your level upgrade with the Hunter's Call faction (every fifth level) would work.

• @little-squash right, i suppose we don’t need specific data, but a general statement confirming better fish are caught at higher levels.

• Is anybody out there level 40 or higher in Hunter’s Call? Any words of wisdom from the intrepid fishermen?

• @they-sank
    I'm only at 36 but the splash tails are ruining it for me. In my opinion so far I haven't seen rare fish escalate with levelling up at all.

• @they-sank
    I just hit level 40 a few days ago and I do not see any difference. My opinion would be that it is all just RNG and not tied to your level.

• @timboagogo and @Hailsux Thanks for the input, that helps to ...clear the waters! How close are you guys to completing commendations? I’m wondering, on average, if players hit 50 well before or well after completing all of the commendations for Hunter’s Call.

• @they-sank
    I have a handful of the rare fish of each type left, but that's about it. Mermaid gems help the leveling a lot too.

• Yeah it definitely needs a tweak. The grind becomes very noticeable after like lvl 25.

Ideas would be to put a random "Rare Trophy Fish" as part of the Fort Loot. They also need to scale up the chance of catching rare fish as your lvl increases.

Most people I know either stopped fishing completely or just hit wrecks and look for Mermaid Gems as they have a better payoff.

• @they-sank

I saw a comment from a player the other day saying that they had completed all the commendations and was only at level 44. I guess it depends on the number of mermaid gems handed in too.
    I still need a few of the rarer fish (guessing 50 total) but I have been cooking and selling all of my snake, pork, chicken, kraken and meg meat too.

• @timboagogo said in Question regarding Hunter’s Call and leveling up...:

@they-sank

I saw a comment from a player the other day saying that they had completed all the commendations and was only at level 44.

I appreciate the information. This helps clarify that spending doubloons for HC rep only changes rank and does not change the value of fish caught.

Wonder what to spend all these doubloons on...

• @they-sank
    Yeah you will probably earn more doubloons before being given any chance of spending some apart from levelling up in HC or SD. :-(

Views
15 out of 16