What just happened?!

• I know the answer is probably on Google but I looked over and over and can't find anything related so forgive me.

So, me and my pal were piratin' on our sloop as usual when we found another sloop and a ghost ship. Upon further inspection it was a ghost sloop with a jolly roger on it and some kind of purple banner popped up mentioning an alliance. Well we fought the boats and won and then a freakin 2nd boat rose from the dead before we could get any treasure. Killed it and 2 damn full size galleons rise from the ocean!

At this point we were just like in wth land and they pummel us to pieces after a 10 minute brawl and we didn't get any treasure.

3 questions...

1. What was that?!

2. How can we get the treasure from the first few ships destroyed without getting killed? We lost track of it mid battle.

3. Is there a chance 2 guys in a sloop could beat the 2 giant ghost Galleons?

Views
  • That's called a fleet battle. It's like a skeleton fort, but instead of killing rounds of skeletons to get a key for a vault, you sink skeleton ships for a couple of rounds, to then get the treasure. Sometimes there will be random loot on each ship.

• @ccoffeebeann

1. If you ever see the floating ship clouds in the sky, that shows where a cursed fleet of skeleton ships can be found. You have to battle through several waves of ships to complete it and get the goodies.

2. That is a good question, especially for a sloop (solo or duo). If you decide to try it again I would suggest you stay on the boat until the final ship has sunk. It can be done but not until you really know what you are doing. Harpoon what you can.

3. Yes, we’ve done it but it is difficult. You should consider allying with another crew and working together. Just know they are likely to betray you at the end once all the ships are gone and the best chests are up for grabs.

• @ghostpaw said in What just happened?!:

@ccoffeebeann

1. If you ever see the floating ship clouds in the sky, that shows where a cursed fleet of skeleton ships can be found. You have to battle through several waves of ships to complete it and get the goodies.

2. That is a good question, especially for a sloop (solo or duo). If you decide to try it again I would suggest you stay on the boat until the final ship has sunk. It can be done but not until you really know what you are doing. Harpoon what you can.

3. Yes, we’ve done it but it is difficult. You should consider allying with another crew and working together. Just know they are likely to betray you at the end once all the ships are gone and the best chests are up for grabs.

Great response thanks. It really caught us off guard once we got to the 2 galleons that killed us we were just constantly repairing and bailing unable to get supplies or drop sail cause of their cannons.

• @ccoffeebeann you can also stock up some kegs and have one person stay on the boat to keep it floating and have the other swim and voard the skelly ships with kegs.

Blow the keg then defend the hokes

Views
4 out of 5