PC crashes at random moments while playing this game.

• My computer crashes randomly while playing Sea of Thieves. Upon launching the game using my main account, in the middle of the game or after couple of minutes, it would crash my PC and my PC would restart automatically. I've tried to create a new profile to play the game and everything is okay. And it only happens with this game. My specs are far superior to the recommended and I usually play on the Rare settings. I want to know if there's a problem on my game account because I chat with a Microsoft Support Agent for 2 hours that told me my account might be corrupted.

Views
  • @pedro612003 said in PC crashes at random moments while playing this game.:

My computer crashes randomly while playing Sea of Thieves. Upon launching the game using my main account, in the middle of the game or after couple of minutes, it would crash my PC and my PC would restart automatically. I've tried to create a new profile to play the game and everything is okay. And it only happens with this game. My specs are far superior to the recommended and I usually play on the Rare settings. I want to know if there's a problem on my game account. Devs plz help me.

If you're looking for help from the devs, this is not the place. You're better off logging a support ticket.

When you say you play on a different account and it's okay, do you mean you log into Windows 10 on a different account? If so, that would suggest there is a conflict with something running in the background on your main login.

Log in with both accounts and compare what is running on them to see if there is anything that running on your main account that could be causing the problem.

I've had issues like this before with some games not liking certain apps that "lurk" in background processes (Hitman 2 wouldn't run, for instance, when I had Razor Chroma installed). So it's probably something like that.

• Did this start happening since yesterday's patch? Been playing with the same crew since launch, never had a single crash (sometimes a dc but those things happen) till yesterday. Of the 4 crew members we crashed 3 times with 3 persons in about 6 hour playtime. (The game just randomly closed)

I myself crashed 2 times and 1 time my pc completly locked up. Not sure if it's something in the settigns. The 1 crew member that didn't crash is the only person who doesn't play on max settings (Mythical i believe it's called by head), he plays on cursed or 1 setting above that.

I did notice the whole evening some artifacts aswell around the ropes on the galleon, some white lines.

My specs:

• I7-4970 @ 4.4Ghz
    • 16GB RAM
    • AMD Asus 8GB D5 RX 580 OC (Driver 19.5.2, seems there is an new optional driver)
    • SoT installed on my gaming SSD (so not the system drive).
    • Win 10 1903, fully updated (so with the additional updates that came afterwards)
    • XboX Beta app installed and Running the background. While having the Xbox companion app open to connect to my crew (will check my crew if they have this aswell)

Edit after @RealStyli Questions

Saw indeed on twitter that there where Xbox Live problems, but the best part is that is the only portion where we didn't crash :)

Crewmembers that crashed both have Nvidia, i have AMD

Will update this post when more info is needed or know so we can compare things if indeed something is changed.

Since it's the first time it happend we discarded it and we won't be sailing till wednesday again to see if it happens again, if so i'll for sure make a support ticket.

• @nessiroj

Out of curiosity, have you all updated to Windows 10 version 1903?

Also, Xbox Live was having issues yesterday, so there is the possibility that's related.

• @realstyli No that's not the problem, I've benn having this problem since July 2018

• @nessiroj It has been happening to me since July 2018 and I update the Nvidia Drivers immediately as they are released.

• @realstyli What I mean is that I only have 1 user on my PC. But what I did is that I created a new microsoft account on that same user to create a new Sea of Thieves account through Xbox Companion.

• @nessiroj said in PC crashes at random moments while playing this game.:

Did this start happening since yesterday's patch? Been playing with the same crew since launch, never had a single crash (sometimes a dc but those things happen) till yesterday. Of the 4 crew members we crashed 3 times with 3 persons in about 6 hour playtime. (The game just randomly closed)

I myself crashed 2 times and 1 time my pc completly locked up. Not sure if it's something in the settigns. The 1 crew member that didn't crash is the only person who doesn't play on max settings (Mythical i believe it's called by head), he plays on cursed or 1 setting above that.

I did notice the whole evening some artifacts aswell around the ropes on the galleon, some white lines.

My specs:

• I7-4970 @ 4.4Ghz
    • 16GB RAM
    • AMD Asus 8GB D5 RX 580 OC (Driver 19.5.2, seems there is an new optional driver)
    • SoT installed on my gaming SSD (so not the system drive).
    • Win 10 1903, fully updated (so with the additional updates that came afterwards)
    • XboX Beta app installed and Running the background. While having the Xbox companion app open to connect to my crew (will check my crew if they have this aswell)

Edit after @RealStyli Questions

Saw indeed on twitter that there where Xbox Live problems, but the best part is that is the only portion where we didn't crash :)

Crewmembers that crashed both have Nvidia, i have AMD

Same here. I traded my RX 580 for GTX 1060 and start to see the same crashes. Was able to play for hours uninterrupted with RX 580. Same issue on kids computers (GTX 1050)...

• @viperousrat5788 Did you find a solution yet?

Views
6 out of 9